• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steele's 2017 Toughest Schedule Rankings - ESPN Insidera

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like any good team the SEC faces is a neutral game in there back yard. The rest are GARBAGE!

2017 Alabama

2017 USC plays real ooc teams!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like any good team the SEC faces is a neutral game in there back yard. The rest are GARBAGE!

2017 Alabama

2017 USC plays real ooc teams!!!

:L Having to nutswing USC because you can't mention your own team.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually if you look next to Fresno St. It says=Washingtons ooc crap teams. I actually want to watch better games, instead of being a homer and defending cream puffs on the schedule.

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm pretty sure it was take away the extra cupcake (Mercer) and play a conference game which might be an away game. But nice try again. You certainly give it a good shot. lol

The dude doesn't get it. According to his stoner math 14-0 = 7-7. And playing Miss St., Mercer, Auburn is the same as Miss St., Florida State, Auburn on the overall schedule.

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe when the PAC12 bans the playing of FCS schools you can bitch about the SEC playing Mercer but until then, your bitching about something that teams in your conference are doing. Washington had Portland State on their schedule last year and Montana this year. It is literally no different. The SEC playing Shit U at the end of the year provides no advantage to them because the opponent the next week is playing Eastern Shit U the same week in most cases.

They aren't in most cases though. Who do Clemson (South Carolina's opponent), Florida State (Florida's opponent) and Georgia Tech (Georgia's opponent) play?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't in most cases though. Who do Clemson (South Carolina's opponent), Florida State (Florida's opponent) and Georgia Tech (Georgia's opponent) play?
Florida State plays Delaware State before Florida this year, Chattanooga in 2015.
Clemson plays the Citadel before South Carolina this year.

It seems like even their opponents are doing the same shit.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State plays Delaware State before Florida this year, Chattanooga in 2015.
Clemson plays the Citadel before South Carolina this year.

It seems like even their opponents are doing the same shit.

I know there's no way conferences can have similar schedules like the pros. And of course conferences are not all the same year to year. But there's room to arrange them to be at least somewhat similar. its ridiculous that the SEC gets away with playing these teams instead of one more conference game like other conferences . And scheduling a mercer or Chattanooga in November isn't as benign as you think. They play any OCC decent opponent at a neutral site or not at all. Knowing that an early loss can be overcome ,so play those games first. They obviously schedule that late november cupcake at home so theres one less game the whole conference loses in november ensuring that even teams that are .500 can get that win for a bowl game with no one who isn't totally inept getting a win.
I'm a college football fan. I dont expect my team to win every year and I don't care if your team is better, it doesn't bother me at all. I had fun going to watch USC vrs Alabama. I wish USC could have been more competitive but I hated that it was played at Jerry world. It would have been amazing going to see Bama in Tuscaloosa .How cool would it have been to see Alabama come to LA this season with USC ranked in the top 5. I would just rather see teams like Bama, Texas and Michigan , Florida , Ohio State go play some other elite or top programs in home and homes. Thats what the Bama fan here doesn't get. I've seen bama play more than he has but he says he doesn't care that Bama plays Mercer in November. Well no shit , it's not like he's shelling out the cash and time to attend that game.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F'n SU at 6. :L The broken play run for your life approach SU used last year must have impressed someone.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there's no way conferences can have similar schedules like the pros. And of course conferences are not all the same year to year. But there's room to arrange them to be at least somewhat similar. its ridiculous that the SEC gets away with playing these teams instead of one more conference game like other conferences . And scheduling a mercer or Chattanooga in November isn't as benign as you think. They play any OCC decent opponent at a neutral site or not at all. Knowing that an early loss can be overcome ,so play those games first. They obviously schedule that late november cupcake at home so theres one less game the whole conference loses in november ensuring that even teams that are .500 can get that win for a bowl game with no one who isn't totally inept getting a win.
I'm a college football fan. I dont expect my team to win every year and I don't care if your team is better, it doesn't bother me at all. I had fun going to watch USC vrs Alabama. I wish USC could have been more competitive but I hated that it was played at Jerry world. It would have been amazing going to see Bama in Tuscaloosa .How cool would it have been to see Alabama come to LA this season with USC ranked in the top 5. I would just rather see teams like Bama, Texas and Michigan , Florida , Ohio State go play some other elite or top programs in home and homes. Thats what the Bama fan here doesn't get. I've seen bama play more than he has but he says he doesn't care that Bama plays Mercer in November. Well no shit , it's not like he's shelling out the cash and time to attend that game.

If Alabama had gone to USC, then Alabama would be 5-0 all time when playing USC in California instead of 4-0.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually if you look next to Fresno St. It says=Washingtons ooc crap teams. I actually want to watch better games, instead of being a homer and defending cream puffs on the schedule.

So why don't you start threads complaining about Washington's schedule?

Instead you bitch about a team that plays a tougher schedule.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, it's extra rich to hear Pac12 fans complaining about SEC teams not coming to California when it was the Pac12 who quit allowing the SEC to come to the Rose Bowl because you guys kept getting your asses kicked in it by the SEC.

Talk about pussy scheduling, the Pac12 has a rich history of it. Even going so far as to prevent the best teams from playing at the end of the year so teams like USC could ride on the opinions of the AP. Pac12 blocked the BCS for years, then they blocked the Playoffs for nearly 10 years as well. All so they could play easier competition at the end of the year in hopes of making an opinion based push.

Is it mere coincidence that USC still holds those AP polls so dearly? Nope.

And it's no wonder they did so, as it has been proven without a doubt that the Pac12 is a conference who can't get it done on the field. They need SEC teams to play and beat each other because they sure as fuck can't do it. Best chance the Pac12 has at winning a national championship sometime in the next 20 years is either bullshit AP title, or hoping the SEC beats up on itself enough to keep them out of the playoffs.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Alabama had gone to USC, then Alabama would be 5-0 all time when playing USC in California instead of 4-0.

Yeah, and that has nothing to do with what i was saying but thanks again for being clueless.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, it's extra rich to hear Pac12 fans complaining about SEC teams not coming to California when it was the Pac12 who quit allowing the SEC to come to the Rose Bowl because you guys kept getting your asses kicked in it by the SEC.

Talk about pussy scheduling, the Pac12 has a rich history of it. Even going so far as to prevent the best teams from playing at the end of the year so teams like USC could ride on the opinions of the AP. Pac12 blocked the BCS for years, then they blocked the Playoffs for nearly 10 years as well. All so they could play easier competition at the end of the year in hopes of making an opinion based push.

And it's no wonder they did so, as it has been proven without a doubt that the Pac12 is a conference who can't get it done on the field. They need SEC teams to play and beat each other because they sure as fuck can't do it. Best chance the Pac12 has at winning a national championship sometime in the next 20 years is either bullshit AP title, or hoping the SEC beats up on itself enough to keep them out of the playoffs.

Yeah we saw that big bad SEC beat errrr slap fight each other last season. IF it wasn't for Alabama no SEC team would have been ranked over three PAC teams.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO!!!!
Tougher schedule
PAC12 blocking BCS
Free Space
PAC12 blocking out SEC from Rose Bowl
SEC beats each other up

What's my prize?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.
200.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we saw that big bad SEC beat errrr slap fight each other last season. IF it wasn't for Alabama no SEC team would have been ranked over three PAC teams.

10-3 USC being #3 at the end of the year was a flat out joke. It just goes to prove how much USC rely's on the opinion polls to be relevant because they can't get it done on the field.

Woohooo, you beat Penn St - and had a hard time doing it. Even further showing how the Pac12 has relied on the Rose Bowl and weaker opponents to get hyped up at the end of the year for high AP finishes.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BINGO!!!!
Tougher schedule
PAC12 blocking BCS
Free Space
PAC12 blocking out SEC from Rose Bowl