• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

steelers are supposedly listening to offers for marty B

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but not shopping him, whatever that means

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Please, please give us a decent pick before this idiot smokes himself out of the league and/or team"

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send him to the Vikings for Stefon Diggs.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read somewhere that one of the Steelers WRs tore his acl in the last game against the jags. Is that true?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read somewhere that one of the Steelers WRs tore his acl in the last game against the jags. Is that true?
Yep... Eli Rogers, their WR4 slot guy. Must have been a minor tear because he's been through surgery & already off the crutches. Don't know what his timetable is though.

Also their WR6 is set to be a UFA, and Heyward-Bey is likely to be a cap casualty (paying a lot for a WR5/ST's guy). That's 2-3 WR positions that could be opening up. If they part ways with Martavis then they had better get something they cannot say no to. My guess is its too risky for other teams and the Steelers will have Marty back in PIT next season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but not shopping him, whatever that means
giphy.gif

Plain and simple... It's telling the rest of the league that you better come to them with a damn good offer or you're wasting everyone's time. Marty is going to be playing for dirt cheap so there's no reason not to bring him back unless someone makes an offer they can't refuse.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... Eli Rogers, their WR4 slot guy. Must have been a minor tear because he's been through surgery & already off the crutches. Don't know what his timetable is though.

Also their WR6 is set to be a UFA, and Heyward-Bey is likely to be a cap casualty (paying a lot for a WR5/ST's guy). That's 2-3 WR positions that could be opening up. If they part ways with Martavis then they had better get something they cannot say no to. My guess is its too risky for other teams and the Steelers will have Marty back in PIT next season.
Agree and he needs to come into camp focused and get out of the gate fast....I haven't given up on him yet due to the talent that I know is there....Just needs to get his shit together and go back to being a big playmaker....JuJu will be even better in year two which should open the field up for others....AB will be AB as always....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and he needs to come into camp focused and get out of the gate fast....I haven't given up on him yet due to the talent that I know is there....Just needs to get his shit together and go back to being a big playmaker....JuJu will be even better in year two which should open the field up for others....AB will be AB as always....
Yep. Ceiling is outrageously high for that group. Too many unknowns right now to lose someone though. Rogers coming off ACL tear, Hunter is UFA, and DHB's contract looks to be a casualty this offseason. Martavis should be viewed as a need right now.

Also worth nothing... If Fichtner is indeed going to roll out the no-huddle then they all will need to be at the pinnacle of their fitness levels. And the depth will need to have more impact.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Plain and simple... It's telling the rest of the league that you better come to them with a damn good offer or you're wasting everyone's time. Marty is going to be playing for dirt cheap so there's no reason not to bring him back unless someone makes an offer they can't refuse.
Hahaha yep