• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

steelers are supposedly listening to offers for marty B

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be lying if I said Martavis wasn't an intriguing prospect who looks to have a gang of upside, but he's the wrong player for the Redskins. At least in their present condition. Neither our team, coaching, or management have the leadership and our team chemistry is too fucked up. He'd likely add to the circus as much as anything else.
He would definitely need a well structured team in order to keep him on the straight & narrow. Steelers have a strong FO, but are somewhat lacking in the leadership department within the lockerroom. Lots of potheads & prima donnas currently. The leaders simply don't have the sway with the star players that the younger guys look up to. Example A: Martavis looking up to LeVeon. Both have a horrible track record when it comes to drug abuse & social media plorsting.

I think the biggest thing keeping Martavis in check is his career is still on the line. He fails one more drug test in a contract year, he can kiss his ass goodbye. I fear for what happens to him once he gets an extension, which will likely be elsewhere. Steelers & Martavis seem destined for divorce.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB/Ju JU/ Marty B...That's a solid line up so I don't think he gets traded unless a first is involved. The dude has a ton of talent.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB/Ju JU/ Marty B...That's a solid line up so I don't think he gets traded unless a first is involved. The dude has a ton of talent.
1st is far too unrealistic in this day & age. Even if he was our WR#1 and hadn't gone through all the off-field issues.

FWIW I think a 2nd Rd pick is unrealistic too. But much more obtainable and it eliminates the debate from the discussion. If someone offers a 2nd, you take it no questions asked.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st is far too unrealistic in this day & age. Even if he was our WR#1 and hadn't gone through all the off-field issues.

FWIW I think a 2nd Rd pick is unrealistic too. But much more obtainable and it eliminates the debate from the discussion. If someone offers a 2nd, you take it no questions asked.

I agree for sure. I guess for me if I was a Steelers fan I would like to keep this offense together cause it's high powered and focus on the D.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree for sure. I guess for me if I was a Steelers fan I would like to keep this offense together cause it's high powered and focus on the D.
I agree. No sense in messing with it when it's possibly Ben's final year(s). If anything I would ask Ben's opinion and let that weigh heaviest on the final decision if an offer is on the table. If he wants to retool and thinks that position could be better then I'd listen to him.

The depth at WR is already thin, so losing Marty would be a big blow. Their WR4/slot guy is coming off ACL tear, and the WR5 & 6 (DHB & Hunter) aren't locks to return.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill trade them some weed

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. No sense in messing with it when it's possibly Ben's final year(s). If anything I would ask Ben's opinion and let that weigh heaviest on the final decision if an offer is on the table. If he wants to retool and thinks that position could be better then I'd listen to him.

The depth at WR is already thin, so losing Marty would be a big blow. Their WR4/slot guy is coming off ACL tear, and the WR5 & 6 (DHB & Hunter) aren't locks to return.

Yep, no need to make more holes when you need to fill the glaring ones.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes indeed. Difficult task to replace game changing players.
Especially a once-in-a-decade-or-more type talent like Bell. Timing feels right to unload a boatload of cash on him. They are on the cusp of transitioning the offense. Ben's about to ride off into the sunset and free up $23mil in cap space. If they backload the contract then they won't really be paying much for Bell until after Ben's gone.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read somewhere a long time ago that the pats were interested in Bryant. I just don't see the steelers breaking up that WR trio but if Bryant goes I'm sure Tomlin will not send him to a team that he will have to face.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read somewhere a long time ago that the pats were interested in Bryant. I just don't see the steelers breaking up that WR trio but if Bryant goes I'm sure Tomlin will not send him to a team that he will have to face.
He's probably still receiving hate mail over Harrison... And by hate mail I'm talking about flaming paper bags of feces on his doorstep.