• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

St. Bonnie Nov 27th, Minnesota Nov 30th, KSU Dec 4th combined game threads

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a disappointment. How is Greenberg not on the hot seat?

Because people think taking a program from nothing to mediocre is an accomplishment worthy of sainthood. If I were in charge, he would be on the hot seat this season. 9 years in is plenty of time. You need more than perennial bubble bursting in that time. Heck, an NIT title would be helpful if you're not going to make the tournament every year. To make it worse, every year the team has the same problems so its as if nothing changes. This is just my opinion, and I doubt it will happen, but if we fail to make the tournament yet again, I strongly consider firing him. There are some good coaches in the A10 and elsewhere that would be good fits for us as potential replacements.

As for the game, we played better than in Minnesota imo but not by much. I still would like to see that assist total go up (6 total) to show better offensive continuity. There HAS to be a concerned effort to get scoring in the post. We can't rely on Green and Brown to just keep hitting jumpers. Either feed the big guys or start using some flash cuts and backdoor cuts with wing players to get the ball moving inside.

This was yet another wasted opportunity (trademarked by Seth Greenberg). Our only chances at any good OOC wins now are another game at Ok St and BYU. If we can't win BOTH of those, expect to be left out of the tournament again. This is assuming we finish 5th or 6th in the ACC (as I anticipate).

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
seths answer to what happened: "our guys just didnt play hard enough".

Im no basketball genius but there has to be a better answer than that.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It was a good part of the second half meltdown.

I guess you just had to hear how it was said, but it sounded an awful lot like a throw them under the bus move IMO. IDK maybe i was just pissed after the loss but I tuned in looking/hoping for some answers/insight and thats what i got.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you just had to hear how it was said, but it sounded an awful lot like a throw them under the bus move IMO. IDK maybe i was just pissed after the loss but I tuned in looking/hoping for some answers/insight and thats what i got.
Yeah, I mean it was more than that. In the first half, I thought we were getting a lot good looks compared to other games. We just were not able to hit wide open 3 pters. We shot horrible but I liked that we were cutting and getting to the basket. We were also rebounding well. We were also defending really well.
Then in the second half, we did everything opposite of what we were doing well in the second half. We just seemed really off kilter. Everything just seemed off, especially on defense. It didn't even seem like KSU was switching much up. They just kept getting easy baskets either on dribble penetration or on lobbing over the head of a player fronting a post man. It seemed just like the Minnesota and Syracuse games.

Well I've done enough bitching, here are some positives I saw:
Rankin had some action and looked pretty good. He seemed to have much better ball control then Garland. Much more of a pure point imo. He seems like a good option to spell Green.
Green and Brown looked really good with getting dribble penetration then shooting runners despite being ice cold from 3 land. We set some good screens to get Green and Brown driving to the hoop.
Raines and Barksdale looked good in the post. Even saw Barksdale at the 5 a couple times, he seemed to do well. Problem is Barksdale got nailed with moving screens and Raines had some fouls called on him, so both were in foul trouble.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
CROC you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about Bball so i've got a question for you:

Besides being able to cut to the basket, what does garland bring to this team?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CROC you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about Bball so i've got a question for you:

Besides being able to cut to the basket, what does garland bring to this team?

Spunk?

But seriously, he can provide scoring in spurts off the bench if used properly. Just don't use him as a pure point. Let him do his Iverson guard thing. And by that, I mean little guy who just scores. With Rankin healthy, Garland should play no more than 7 to 8 mins a game. He didn't play at all tonight, but I'd still use him. He has value

Last edited by a moderator: