• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

St. Bonnie Nov 27th, Minnesota Nov 30th, KSU Dec 4th combined game threads

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs. St. Bonavature- Sunday November 27th @ 6pm ESPN3
@ Minnesota- Wednesday November 30th @ 9:15pm ESPN2
vs. Kansas State Sunday December 4th @ 5:30pm ESPNU

Looks like we have a few good match ups coming up. St. Bonnie is not a bad midmajor and are top 100 RPI material. We played them last year and had to beat them in OT. They made the CBI tournament. We should win but I guarantee Nicholson will give us fits. I have feeling this will be a close one.

Minnesota isn't as good as they have been but this is a part of the BIG10-ACC challenge so we need to win to rep the ACC. It could be a good road win if Minnesota manages to do well.

Kansas State is almost a must win game. They will probably make the tournament. This is one of the OOC wins we need on our resume.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
halftime, very ugly first half

VT - 25
St Bon - 21

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I thought this was 8pm. I see we're up with 5 mins left though. Too bad I can't find a stream. Oh well. Has this game been sloppy like that Okie St game was?

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final: VT 73-64

Good win when all is said and done. 3rd game in 5 days. These games were always worrisome in the past because of our lack of depth.

Play Minnesota on the road on Wednesday. Minnesota is 6-0 right now, but they haven't really been tested and are losing to Dayton at this moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we got the W. 73-64. Kinda hard to determine how we played though just from a stat line. DAMN YOU INTERNETZ FOR NOT GIVING ME ESPN3!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Damn. I thought this was 8pm. I see we're up with 5 mins left though. Too bad I can't find a stream. Oh well. Has this game been sloppy like that Okie St game was?

Not so much sloppy IMO, you can just tell that playing so many games has kinda caught up to them.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much sloppy IMO, you can just tell that playing so many games has kinda caught up to them.

I knew it. Told you guys in that other topic fatigue would be a factor.

*pats self on back for stating the obvious*

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really pleased with the team so far. Erick Green is really stepping up and we needed him to. I'm hoping Brown can pick up a lot from him this year. We will need a decent option to spell Green later in the season and then take over in,seasons to come.

And DFS is as good, if not better, as advertised.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really pleased with the team so far. Erick Green is really stepping up and we needed him to. I'm hoping Brown can pick up a lot from him this year. We will need a decent option to spell Green later in the season and then take over in,seasons to come.

And DFS is as good, if not better, as advertised.

I agree green and DFS are killing it so far this year. Lets not forget about Marquis Rankin either. He will probably be EG's true backup after he fully recovers, as Brown is a 2 and looks like will easily be our best outside threat this year

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not official yet, but reports are the Minnesota's Mbakwe tore his ACL against Dayton. This may ruin Minnesota's season. Certainly increases VT's chances in the challenge.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree green and DFS are killing it so far this year. Lets not forget about Marquis Rankin either. He will probably be EG's true backup after he fully recovers, as Brown is a 2 and looks like will easily be our best outside threat this year

I keep forgetting about Rankin... what's wrong with him?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep forgetting about Rankin... what's wrong with him?

he had his knee scoped to clean out some cartilage back in october. He may be practicing now, just not ready for games. Should be back in a week or 2 last I heard

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it safe to say we have a pretty good 3 point shooting team for the first time in a few years? Its been 6 games and we've been shooting lights out behind the arc. We're probably going to cool off a bit, but its insane if you compare it to last year. Biggest turnaround is that Erick Green is shooting 61.1% beyond the arc despite shooting a lot of contested three point shots!

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green has been the biggest difference this year. Kid is a stud. Really has improved his shooting, but he's also a great leader at the PG spot. This is a much better shooting team than in the past. It used to be Delaney was our only reliable outside shooter. Now we have Green, Brown, Eddie, Hudson all making 3's. Doe Doe can also make them, but he's only taking them when he's wide open (smart player).

Good news that I've heard is Rankin is practicing again. Not sure when he will be available to play, though. Being a freshman that has missed a lot of practice time, I'm sure Seth wants to ease him into the game plan.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it safe to say we have a pretty good 3 point shooting team for the first time in a few years? Its been 6 games and we've been shooting lights out behind the arc. We're probably going to cool off a bit, but its insane if you compare it to last year. Biggest turnaround is that Erick Green is shooting 61.1% beyond the arc despite shooting a lot of contested three point shots!

It helps that you don't have Jeff Allen out there to bring the team's average down.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It helps that you don't have Jeff Allen out there to bring the team's average down.

Valid point. Had to look it up to remind myself that he was 5 of 34 from beyond the arc last year. Had 2 clutch ones during the Duke win, though.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While Jeff Allen had the potential to be great and have big games, his inconsistency was just so frustrating. I mean whether it be dumb fouls, contested 3 pointers, or just the awkward footwork he had when he attacked the basket, Jeff was never the player he was supposed to develop into.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will win big against Minnesota with their big guy out. Not only did he score a lot but he was a rebounding beast. We have been having trouble rebounding, so having their big guy out will help a lot in that respect.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Jeff Allen had the potential to be great and have big games, his inconsistency was just so frustrating. I mean whether it be dumb fouls, contested 3 pointers, or just the awkward footwork he had when he attacked the basket, Jeff was never the player he was supposed to develop into.

I have to say I was pretty disappointed with Jeff Allen's career arc. He seemed to be as good as he was the first game he played as he was the last (probably similar numbers if someone wants to look that up). You can add his name to the list of bigs (or near bigs) that never materialized under Seth (Coleman Collins, Lewis Witcher, you can probably throw Raines and Davilla in there). No real improvement from these guys.

At the same time Seth has the Midas touch for PG/SG's. Zabian, Jamon Gordon, Hudson (before the injuries), Delany, Green, etc. All of those guys were "meh" recruits or worse and Seth made them into players... or they just became players on their own, who knows... either way, the luck was different with the smaller guys for some reason.