• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2013 Edition

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spring training broadcast schedule is now available at this link : 2013 Broadcast Schedule | SFGiants.com: Schedule

It will prob be tweaked as days go by, but it shows which days have radio, and which have TV.

The first "real" TV broadcast is Wed 3/13 @1:05PM on CSN-BA (there are two delayed broadcasts on MLBN before that : Wed 2/27 & Tue 3/12).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening Lineup:

Pagan-CF
Scutaro-2B
Sandoval-3B
Posey-C
Pence-RF
Arias-SS
Belt-DH
Pill-1B
JC Perez-LF

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RallyMonkeys slapped. All is well....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's lineup at Cubs:

Blanco cf
Tanaka 2b
Sandoval 3b
Belt 1b
Kieschnick lf
Crawford ss
Peguero rf
Quiroz c
Villalona dh
Cain p

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it begins for those fucking doyer$:

"Carl Crawford was shut down because of nerve irritation. According to the Los Angeles Times, Crawford’s status for the start of the season is in doubt."

--from Pavlovic.

Serves them fucking right. Greedy bastards.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it begins for those fucking doyer$:

"Carl Crawford was shut down because of nerve irritation. According to the Los Angeles Times, Crawford’s status for the start of the season is in doubt."

--from Pavlovic.

Serves them fucking right. Greedy bastards.

Post of the day! (Only post of the day so far.)

May this post's tribe increase.

And I think it is now doyer$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dodgers outfielder Carl Crawford could miss his team's April 1 opener against San Francisco after leaving spring training to have his elbow examined in Los Angeles.

Recovering from elbow ligament-replacement surgery on Aug. 23, Crawford felt nerve irritation in his left arm. The Dodgers said Friday he was examined a day earlier by Dr. Neal ElAttrache, who prescribed anti-inflammatory medication and told Crawford to rest.

Crawford was back in camp Friday and will not take batting practice or throw for about seven days, according to Dodgers manager Don Mattingly. Crawford will be able to participate in other drills.

Mattingly called the nerve irritation a ''setback.''

Ya THINK?

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Mijares front:

Left-hander Jose Mijares said he has a bone chip in his left elbow, but he anticipates being back on the field in a week.

Good news.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing for his last contract. ;)

You wink, but I think that's exactly what we might get: a year as good or better than last from Zito, because it's a contract year. Incentives matter.

And if we do, it's a win for us, and some team maybe us signs him for 3/30

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wink, but I think that's exactly what we might get: a year as good or better than last from Zito, because it's a contract year. Incentives matter.

And if we do, it's a win for us, and some team maybe us signs him for 3/30

For sure. The wink was more of a "like he needs it" type of of smiley. At this point, I'm expecting him to pitch enough innings to get the extra option, and we'll go through this again next season.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. The wink was more of a "like he needs it" type of of smiley. At this point, I'm expecting him to pitch enough innings to get the extra option, and we'll go through this again next season.

I can't see Zeets getting 200 innings, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Giants extend him through 2014 at $11MM or so.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Zeets getting 200 innings, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Giants extend him through 2014 at $11MM or so.

I could see that happening, but it depends a heck of a lot more on Zito than the Giants - Zito would basically be taking a $4M contract for 2014 (he automatically gets a $7 buyout already) - he could probably get a multi-year contract from another team for more than $4M/yr. Zito might stay with the Giants if he wanted to live in the Bay Area a few more years (IIRC, he used to "winter" down in southern CA, but it was reported that he got married at his home in Marin Co in Dec 2011).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that happening, but it depends a heck of a lot more on Zito than the Giants - Zito would basically be taking a $4M contract for 2014 (he automatically gets a $7 buyout already) - he could probably get a multi-year contract from another team for more than $4M/yr. Zito might stay with the Giants if he wanted to live in the Bay Area a few more years (IIRC, he used to "winter" down in southern CA, but it was reported that he got married at his home in Marin Co in Dec 2011).

He's consistently said he wants to finish his career as a Giant. He might (and I'm going out on a limb here) be one of the rare dudes for whom money isn't that big a deal anymore. I think you're right -- if he won't renegotiate the G's pay him $7MM to go away. But, he might be thinking "where am I going to have a better situation to pitch? I'm the fifth starter with four potential/actual all-stars in front of me. $11MM is plenty and close to market rate." Then again, he may be thinking that he can get 2-3 years at $10 per.

It'll be interesting, but if I had to bet I'd say he'll be a Giant in 2014 and maybe 2015 (2/20?).

Caveat: he doesn't shit the bed to a 7-16 record with a 5.25 ERA this year.

Also called "pulling a Timmy." '

Yeah, I went there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's consistently said he wants to finish his career as a Giant. He might (and I'm going out on a limb here) be one of the rare dudes for whom money isn't that big a deal anymore. I think you're right -- if he won't renegotiate the G's pay him $7MM to go away. But, he might be thinking "where am I going to have a better situation to pitch? I'm the fifth starter with four potential/actual all-stars in front of me. $11MM is plenty and close to market rate." Then again, he may be thinking that he can get 2-3 years at $10 per.

It'll be interesting, but if I had to bet I'd say he'll be a Giant in 2014 and maybe 2015 (2/20?).

Caveat: he doesn't shit the bed to a 7-16 record with a 5.25 ERA this year.

Also called "pulling a Timmy." '

Yeah, I went there.

Just to be a bit of a contrarian, How many players do NOT say that about the team they are currently playing for. I am not talking about a star entering his first big FA year, I am talking about a guy in his twilight (Zito, Scutaro, Ross, etc).

I am not saying the comment is BS. Your points about why he would say that and mean it make a lot of sense. But I am not sure we should really put a lot of stock in a "I want to retire as a <insert team>" comment. There are exceptions, of course. If a guy has spent his entire career with one org (Jeter) or grew up a fan of the team (PTMFB), I would believe more than a guy who has been booed more than not during his tenur with said team.