• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Ball 2012.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh...the forecast for the spring game doesn't look so good. :nonod:
Hopefully, the summer like temperatures stick around longer.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ugh...the forecast for the spring game doesn't look so good. :nonod:
Hopefully, the summer like temperatures stick around longer.

The high for the day is about the same as several clear days before and after so hopefully the "showers" in the forcast will just be an afternoon sprinkle or something. Besides its still over a week away maybe the forecast will change.

EDIT: was looking @ theWC at first but accuweather looks even worse so.....

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AndyBitterVT- Favorite figure from the Donaldven Manning post: Listed at 155 lbs, he's 64 lbs lighter than Antone Exum, who moved to CB this spring.

Get this kid to D2 ASAP.

What's all this weather talk? Isn't the Spring Game still a couple of weeks away? I don't trust weather reports to tell me what its going to do tomorrow much less a week from now.

Here's my forecast:

It's Blacksburg. Prepare for everything.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get this kid to D2 ASAP.

What's all this weather talk? Isn't the Spring Game still a couple of weeks away? I don't trust weather reports to tell me what its going to do tomorrow much less a week from now.

Here's my forecast:

It's Blacksburg. Prepare for everything.

Next Saturday, but oh so true.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I just checked Weather.com and it said mid-70s and sunny. Of course wildturkey is right, expect -20 and snow followed by 120 degree heat.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The WC has changed their forecast but Accu-weather is still showing 64 and "rather cloudy with showers".

Weather in Blacksburg - AccuWeather Extended Forecast for VA 24060

Big difference in the temps between the two services maybe there is a front or something that will move close to b-burg. Either way i would still bet that it will most likely just be a passing shower or two.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice DLine writeup by AB

http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...ve-line-making-its-presence-felt-this-spring/

As critical as I have been on the OL in the past. I believe the OL and Offensive deficiencies this spring has to be somewhat attributed to the play of these guys At least that is what I am hoping. I am probably more excited than I have ever been for our defense this year (particularly at DL and LB, to a bit lesser extent the DBs). That is saying alot considering some of the D's we have had in Blacksburg in the last 10-15. They could really carry us..even with a bit less than spectacular Offense..which I think WILL get there.......

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A FEW THINGS FROM TODAYS SCRIMMAGE:

- RB seems to be in pretty good shape. Holmes looks really comfortable out there and IMO is the clear #1 right now. He is a little shiftier and faster than i thought, he had a nice cut back TD from about the four or so and another that busted around the left side for a 60ish yard TD. Scales is an impressive looking RB also and I think it will be a battle between he and Coleman for #2.

- Randall Dunn is an interesting player IMO. I always thought he was a little undersized for the TE but he really looks like a play maker out there. He had two TD grabs on the day one of which he made a couple nice moves about the three to get in, the other was a leaping grab in the back of the EZ.

- Corey Fuller is another interesting guy to watch. I felt he would be the #5 wr at best but he seems to be taking advantage of all the extra reps he is getting. He had 2 tds on the day one of which was a WR screen that he took down the sideline for a score.

- Chase Williams had a nice day @ LB and was really standing out amongst the LB's.

- The no huddle is pretty much controlled chaos but what they showed went pretty smooth especially to only be a couple weeks into it.

- Bonner and Jarrett looked pretty physical at the safety spots

- B. Taylor is still on a crutch but it looks to be more of a formality than necessity. He basically just carried it around most of the time.

- Logan looked a little more comfortable behind the OL today but threw one up for grabs (under pressure) that Exum picked.

- The OL still looked shaky but not as bad as last week.

- Kris Harley made a couple nice plays in the backfield today.

- James Gayle looks quicker than last year.

- No Leal????

- Brian Rody looked really good in warmups. Wouldnt be surprised if he is #3 in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is going to come off as pessimistic, but Holmes doesn't seem very explosive. Everyone is hyping him up this season him and I obviously hope he lives up to it. I just haven't seen it in any of the videos (recruiting and preseason) yet.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is going to come off as pessimistic, but Holmes doesn't seem very explosive. Everyone is hyping him up this season him and I obviously hope he lives up to it. I just haven't seen it in any of the videos (recruiting and preseason) yet.

Maybe you're just used to watching David Wilson highlights lol

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Maybe we're just seeing an RB that knows how to use his blockers.

Being explosive is fine, but not if you're constantly running into your blockers, or reversing into lost yardage.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks a lot like Lee Suggs to me. He has great vision and body control. Like TAE mentioned, he probably is equipped to use his blockers. He did have one of the best linemen in the last ten years in Virginia in front of him. I like what Holmes offers. He won't be going backwards very much, I bet.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Darren Evans wasn't necessarily everyone's definition of "explosive", but Maryland still has nightmares.