• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla community

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yes filo...i posted this in the hockey,bengals,pittsburgh,twins,reds,rangers and braves boards

i know driaz,uncfan like it because they said they want more baseball conversation in general since they are the only diamondback/cardinal fans i know on the hoop

Last edited by a moderator:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no biggie either way just trying to get the baseball board going :yo:

there is a thread on the mlb general that is asking all baseball fans to "check in"..roll call if anybody would like to just pop over and post :D

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:..... think filo covered every post :D

Lol, dick!

no biggie either way just trying to get the baseball board going :yo:

there is a thread on the mlb general that is asking all baseball fans to "check in"..roll call if anybody would like to just pop over and post :D

I think it's a good thing you're doing bro, just was giving my opinion.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that might work for the boards that have some fans already....but heck i think there is only one diamondback fan(driaz)

and i am not an admin/mod just a poster that likes to talk sports and finds the lack of "general" mlb discussion to be lacking :yo:

My two cents here is that you aren't going to get every team board to be like this one, at least not at first. Find some promising smaller ones, and post there. Keep their GDT's going. Start them if you have to. Encourage them to invite their friends.

The one thing you can offer that Disney can't is dedicated admins who actually police the site to cut off the morons. That is a great selling point, and ultimately what brought me and many others from Disney here. If you have a promising team board here, go to the competitors, and invite them over here. "Tired of all the morons on this board? Try www.sportshoopla.com, we delete the morons", and give them the exact link to their team's board.

Also (gonna get some hate for this), get the pron off the team boards. You have a separate board for that. You don't want a site that will potentially get the posters in trouble. You want one where what is seen will not be offensive to anyone at work or at home. Discourage or disallow posters to have ****ographic avatars. Don't allow posters to put pron pictures/gifs in their comments. Get rid of the ****ographic smilies. I know there is a pron section here and I don't have problem with its existence - but having that on the screen is of the user's choosing. Keep the pron there, not in the sports threads.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro sports IMO people don't want to talk in general. College needs a general because we all bang on each other for screw ups but the pros it's just different. Peeps have their teams and that's it.

I believe the MLB, nfl, nba, general boards should just be axed.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prob is that we do not get enough new traffic to the hoop to produce that sort of thing. I believe most of the regs here (all of SportsHoopla, not just the giants board) came from Disney. I know this to be true for all the BA teams (Giants, Niners, warriors, sharks).

I do not know of a single poster on this board that that did not come from Disney, at least indirectly.

Well, there's me. Unless "indirectly" can mean "went to espn forums twice and saw what a waste of time it would be to ever post there" :)

I found this site by accident - googl'ing brought me to a thread with a "heat chart" for some Giants batters, and I liked what I read.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am sure the admins/mods appreciate your insight mays-fan.....but i am neither i just want the the mlb general forum to get a little more love since we have so many fans already

but i know most are gonna stick to the team boards....but there is general topics we all can share opinion on

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's me. Unless "indirectly" can mean "went to espn forums twice and saw what a waste of time it would be to ever post there" :)

I found this site by accident - googl'ing brought me to a thread with a "heat chart" for some Giants batters, and I liked what I read.

I consider Runboard a Disney descendant, so you were actually who I was thinking of, specifically, with the "indirectly" comment :)

Of course, sinceI wrote this, I remembered guys like Ozzie and Beer, who were not from Disney. IIRC...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And, might I add, thank you for doing that. Your being here makes here a better place.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just got a huge influx of baseball posters from cbs forums......just letting ya'll know in case some new guys venture this way

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just got a huge influx of baseball posters from cbs forums......just letting ya'll know in case some new guys venture this way

Did you do a leveraged buyout?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cbs forums pulled a espn and trashed their boards so a lot are heading this way....they will mostly stay on the mlb general board i believe

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to add to what bone was saying. I don't think, want, or expect you guys to have your conversations about the giants, the farm system, or the game day threads on the MLB board. But, if there is a topic y'all want to talk about that is about general baseball, like who should start the all star game, or any other random things that apply to everyone then I think it would be nice on the general board.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this influx is genuine, we need to be on high alert for a certain douchebag who may try to fly under the radar with yet another new handle.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this influx is genuine, we need to be on high alert for a certain douchebag who may try to fly under the radar with yet another new handle.

I did not see any giants fans among them.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well guys as you saw we got some new posters.........just consider this a bump to push some other stuff down