• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla community

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a lot of baseball fans but we are all kinda kept seperate on the SportsHoopla......if we would all make an effort to post in the MLB general board i think it would make for some very good threads and help bring in some more posters

if a mlb fan stops by and doesnt see all the action we have then they will just keep on looking.....we have fans on the hockey board,rangers,giants and braves if we got together the mlb general board could take of...imo

+just copy and paste+ throwing this around in a few threads

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a lot of baseball fans but we are all kinda kept seperate on the SportsHoopla......if we would all make an effort to post in the MLB general board i think it would make for some very good threads and help bring in some more posters

if a mlb fan stops by and doesnt see all the action we have then they will just keep on looking.....we have fans on the hockey board,rangers,giants and braves if we got together the mlb general board could take of...imo

Not a horrible idea. We are a strong, close knit group here, and we do not always play well with others, though.

Maybe we could try to place our GDTs in the MLB main page once or twice to see how it works. There are a couple cards fans here, I think...

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah we can all keep gd threads on team boards......but i always look around at threads and we have them every where

the reds fans just post in the bengals boards

the twins fans have a decent following and the hockey board as their own group of mlb fans and threads

pitts. and braves have a good amount of fans as well on the hoop

the rangers are only behind the giants board in activity

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved this convo out of that thread so as not to hijack it...

If we do not have our GDTs in the main board area, most of our guys will not venture there. I suspect there are only a handful of our guys that EVER go to anther forum here on the hoop at all.

We have plenty of convos here that others are welcome to join in on, but if we don't know you, and you say the wrong thing, we can get a bit cannibalistic. This is our home, per se, and we do not react well to others shitting on our carpet (even if one of us has already puked on it).

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved this convo out of that thread so as not to hijack it...

If we do not have our GDTs in the main board area, most of our guys will not venture there. I suspect there are only a handful of our guys that EVER go to anther forum here on the hoop at all.

We have plenty of convos here that others are welcome to join in on, but if we don't know you, and you say the wrong thing, we can get a bit cannibalistic. This is our home, per se, and we do not react well to others shitting on our carpet (even if one of us has already puked on it).

yeah i have been over a few times.....and ya'll have the most active mlb board for sure

guess throw a few over there and we will see if the hockey,red,twins,braves fans come as well......i really think it could be like the WC(general sports board) during baseball season

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a noble idea, but the main drawback is that the last thing I would want to see is a bunch of haters and trolls posting on our threads. We have the most successful team thread for a reason - we don't take kindly to nitwits. And I really don't want to go hunting for GDT's.

Other posters are very welcome here if they play nice. But it doesn't bode well when the board admin himself comes over here and starts hating on our boys. I can personally say there are some real asswipes out there, and I don't want them here.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys won the World Series and you need to toughen up. That said, it's your board and there are plenty of friendlies elsewhere. :suds:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys won the World Series and you need to toughen up. That said, it's your board and there are plenty of friendlies elsewhere. :suds:

Please don't come to the best team board on SportsHoopla and tell us what we need to do.

Maybe you should show some humility and encourage other boards to emulate us, rather than trying to make us like them.

If you want to build traffic on your site, you would do well to learn from the best.

Just saying.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't come to the best team board on SportsHoopla and tell us what we need to do.

Maybe you should show some humility and encourage other boards to emulate us, rather than trying to make us like them.

If you want to build traffic on your site, you would do well to learn from the best.

Just saying.

I agree 100-percent. It's a non-liberal view, which is surprising coming from a SF forum.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mays fan......i agree

i dont think we need game threads in the mlb general forum....

i was just thinking that we have so many baseball fans on the hoop,yet we are all so separate ....

i was not asked or persuaded to try this...i did it on my own accord to try and generate some baseball discussion

i know a lot of the threads deal with the "teams" mostly but was just hoping we could
use the general board a little a more to show our force and bring in some more posters
that hopefully leads to more baseball topics/conversations

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is the only forum I browse on this site.I dont post alot because I work during most games.Or if someone else has already posted simular thoughts on a subject I wont .But I read thru threads daily.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mays fan......i agree

i was just thinking that we have so many baseball fans on the hoop,yet we are all so separate ....

i was not asked or persuaded to try this...i did it on my own accord to try and generate some baseball discussion

i know a lot of the threads deal with the "teams" mostly but was just hoping we could
use the general board a little a more to show our force and bring in some more posters

My suggestion to build traffic is to encourage more active individual team boards.

Not trying to be a snob, but I don't have the time to follow the inside issues of other teams. I follow the Giants, in large part because of this board, but I don't follow others because I just don't have the time. I suspect most fans are that way - they follow their own teams, and not so much the others. For example, I have no interest in what is going on in the KC Royals farm system. Nothing against the Royals - they are a fine organization with great fans - but it just has no impact on me.

Given that, what I would do as admins looking to build traffic, is to post on other promising team boards and encourage the loyal and active posters there. Respond to their interesting or funny posts. Make them feel good about what they do. Be a fan of their team. Don't go hating on their players, or mocking some negative aspect of their team. Get to know them and their quirks. Make them feel like this is the place to come and discuss their team.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that might work for the boards that have some fans already....but heck i think there is only one diamondback fan(driaz)

and i am not an admin/mod just a poster that likes to talk sports and finds the lack of "general" mlb discussion to be lacking :yo:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that might work for the boards that have some fans already....but heck i think there is only one diamondback fan(driaz)

and i am not an admin/mod just a poster that likes to talk sports and finds the lack of "general" mlb discussion to be lacking :yo:

The prob is that we do not get enough new traffic to the hoop to produce that sort of thing. I believe most of the regs here (all of SportsHoopla, not just the giants board) came from Disney. I know this to be true for all the BA teams (Giants, Niners, warriors, sharks).

I do not know of a single poster on this board that that did not come from Disney, at least indirectly.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The prob is that we do not get enough new traffic to the hoop to produce that sort of thing. I believe most of the regs here (all of SportsHoopla, not just the giants board) came from Disney. I know this to be true for all the BA teams (Giants, Niners, warriors, sharks).

I do not know of a single poster on this board that that did not come from Disney, at least indirectly.

It took me awhile to find this place after the Disney exodus. You guys made it quite hard :)

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't mind on some of our non-Giant topics, but GDT's are a non-negotiable for me (others can if they like). I like Baseball a ton, I just don't have the time that I used to to care as much about the rest of the league. I only really know about the NL West, and the star players in the AL.

Just saying.

This ^. BOOM, could not have said it better myself.

I agree 100-percent. It's a non-liberal view, which is surprising coming from a SF forum.

lol, I'm not saying I agree or disagree, I just didn't 100% know what this comment meant (per the bold) in regards to Mays' post.

mays fan......i agree

I think you'd have better luck reaching out to the Bengals board and the Main Hockey Board to get them in the mix (if you haven't already). Start a new thread if you need to.

and SportsHoopla will weed out the trolls/assbags like we always do :D

There are still a TON of trolls and assbags on the hoop.....hell, most of the assbags are in this Giants Forum.....

:D

I know you're a good dude Bone, but there is a lot of riff-raff still here.

My suggestion to build traffic is to encourage more active individual team boards.

Not trying to be a snob, but I don't have the time to follow the inside issues of other teams. I follow the Giants, in large part because of this board, but I don't follow others because I just don't have the time. I suspect most fans are that way - they follow their own teams, and not so much the others. For example, I have no interest in what is going on in the KC Royals farm system. Nothing against the Royals - they are a fine organization with great fans - but it just has no impact on me.

Given that, what I would do as admins looking to build traffic, is to post on other promising team boards and encourage the loyal and active posters there. Respond to their interesting or funny posts. Make them feel good about what they do. Be a fan of their team. Don't go hating on their players, or mocking some negative aspect of their team. Get to know them and their quirks. Make them feel like this is the place to come and discuss their team.

This again ^. (pretty much everything Mays Fan said in this thread, lol)

Yup, starting with Marketing/Recruiting would be the best route to take. Asking a good/thriving board to post on another forum just doesn't seem like a plan that would stick.

It took me awhile to find this place after the Disney exodus. You guys made it quite hard :)

I don't recall you being on the Giants board a ton. If I would have, you would have received an invite.

We were "exodus-ing" for a reason. :)

lol, you done turned exodus into a verb.