• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Special Teams

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeForrest is also the Associate Head Coach and Safeties coach. He has other coaching responsibilities than just ST's.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eforre has screwed up everything he has layed hands on since being here.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eforre has screwed up everything he has layed hands on since being here.

IMO, that is for Dana to determine. He knows and understands the total picture.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, that is for Dana to determine. He knows and understands the total picture.

All hail Holgorsen!!!! He knows it all................

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeForrest is also the Associate Head Coach and Safeties coach. He has other coaching responsibilities than just ST's.

Stewart also coached QBs and was assistant HC as well..........He had other coaching duties besides STC as well...................

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart was ST's coach for Rich from 2001 to 2007.

Punt return defense his first year was ranked #98. They rose to #97 the next year. In 2003, WVU was ranked #102 and have up 3 TD punt returns.

Stewart had two really good years in this stat... '07 and '08 when the team finished #9 and #13... giving up 0 TD's both seasons.

Once again... ST's have been a problem for awhile...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart was ST's coach for Rich from 2001 to 2007.

Punt return defense his first year was ranked #98. They rose to #97 the next year. In 2003, WVU was ranked #102 and have up 3 TD punt returns.

Stewart had two really good years in this stat... '07 and '08 when the team finished #9 and #13... giving up 0 TD's both seasons.

Once again... ST's have been a problem for awhile...

Yet again BB changes what HE wanted to use to gauge success when he was proven wrong. He talked ko returns, but was shown to be wrong, so now he is talking punt returns. BB, a punt return and a ko return are entirely different, a kick off is very structured, and you know about where everything will take place, a punt return is a total unknown, how far the ball goes, which guy catches it, where the guy runs, etc. There are MANY more punts taken all the way than kos.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEll whoever is in charge of whatever teams they need to do some work....I think we all want to see some improvements come Kansas game.

We need to come out and stomp a hole in the Jayhawks in two weeks....no ST errors that keep them in the game..a complete solid game that leaves no doubt.

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet again BB changes what HE wanted to use to gauge success when he was proven wrong. He talked ko returns, but was shown to be wrong, so now he is talking punt returns. BB, a punt return and a ko return are entirely different, a kick off is very structured, and you know about where everything will take place, a punt return is a total unknown, how far the ball goes, which guy catches it, where the guy runs, etc. There are MANY more punts taken all the way than kos.

Are you serious? No words can express this..... crickets :L

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEll whoever is in charge of whatever teams they need to do some work....I think we all want to see some improvements come Kansas game.

We need to come out and stomp a hole in the Jayhawks in two weeks....no ST errors that keep them in the game..a complete solid game that leaves no doubt.

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Casazza will have a blog up today... his good, bad and ugly. He showed a preview last night on Twitter of the KO return and how it was set up for a TD.

A WVU defender tripped on the play. All other defenders were blocked. Sometimes the opponent just makes a great play.

How many punts were nearly blocked Saturday night? How many KO's were touchbacks? How many punts were inside the 20?

It isn't all bad...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casazza will have a blog up today... his good, bad and ugly. He showed a preview last night on Twitter of the KO return and how it was set up for a TD.

A WVU defender tripped on the play. All other defenders were blocked. Sometimes the opponent just makes a great play.

How many punts were nearly blocked Saturday night? How many KO's were touchbacks? How many punts were inside the 20?

It isn't all bad...

I agree that it isn't all bad...Lambert seems to be getting better each week and the above mentioned items.....but we do have to get out of this thing were we score and then give up a big play immediately after...doesn't always mean a TD or turnover. Our coverage teams are struggling and they need to get off blocks better....have you noticed that on KO we seem to be down near the 20 when any of our players get near the ball carrier..then look at our return team we seem to have to dodge guys down near the 10 so on both teams we are just not executing very well IMO. Special Teams gets what 10 15 plays a game? We should be talking about them putting points on board, not weekly discussion about KO and PR TD's. :suds:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? No words can express this..... crickets :L

Are you trying to say covering a punt and a KO are the same, THAT, no words could describe. :lame:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to say covering a punt and a KO are the same, THAT, no words could describe. :lame:

Is the spaghetti done?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're both ST units. So it doesn't matter one damn bit if it's a KO return or punt return, it's still given up by STs.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have enjoyed seeing DAD attempt to put me in my place. It has truly made me LOL with every post trying to do so.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have enjoyed seeing DAD attempt to put me in my place. It has truly made me LOL with every post trying to do so.

Have you learned your lesson yet? I'd hate waste anymore time.:L

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've enjoyed watching a complete Holgo homer run his mouth about one thing, but when proven wrong decide to harp on something else. Then when his argument completely falls apart, resort to name calling. Pathetic.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you learned your lesson yet? I'd hate waste anymore time.:L

Oh… I learned that lesson a long time ago. I simply loved making DAD look like a hypocrite. This man who claims to be a Christian… who lies and casts judgements on others.

But, it has been enough…