• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So if I don't get Kershaw or Felix round 1 on CBS Saturday

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So whats wrong with it? I have two top pitchers. I know Lester had a big year last year but I looked at his 2013 game log and saw how he did against NL teams. OF is looking weak but that can be fixed in FA. I picked up people like Springer and Blackmon last year. Nobody is on top of stuff like that due to five reserves. Wacha is not a bad pitcher and can only get better and Gausman and Shoemaker are rising pitchers. Ryu plays for the best pitching team. I don't know whats wrong with it. I have also been doing a lot of flyball team research and groundball ones, lefties, and righties so I'm hoping to stream better.

It can't be worse than this team
Molina
Fielder
Kipnis
Beltre
Hardy
Trout
Jones
Marte
Hamilton(Billy)

I believe I had Springer on reserves but dropped him until he came up. I also had Wong.

Greinke
Cueto
Fister(who I dropped because of injury)
Burnett
Moore
Chapman
Soriano

I had Leake and Archer on bench. A third closer I can't think of.

That was my starting lineup last year after the draft. That team was not good enough.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with your team. I'm shaking my head at the draft.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it makes you feel better a lot of these people probably did not do any draft prep to know who was going where. And also, Edwin's been hurt in spring training so that might explain why he's fallen so low. I actually did another CBS league draft(because I forgot to pull out in time when trying to get recruits to the main league) and same thing I took Rizzo third round and Edwin went early fourth but not to me.

Everybody wanted pitching I guess mostly in the first league. But there are four people in the league who are yankees fans. And the first pick(a woman btw who is in my ff league) took Cano in round 3. And with pitching the hitters taken before Rizzo were Cabrera, Trout, McKutchen, Stanton, Braun, Donaldson, Abreu, Goldschmidt, Posey, and Bautista. One of them was a giants homer who had to take Madbum and Posey with his first two picks. OFs also were more important than 1bs. Which is why I have a decent, but not great outfield. Adam Jones was the last pick in the fourth.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the CBS league I am not looking good at all. Kershaw, who I traded for, is off to a bad start. Cody Allen has a terrible game last night. Alvarez and Colmenter have a chance to turn around their second starts. As if thats not bad Dozier, Rizzo, Heyward, Gomez, Gomes all off to frustrating starts. I can only hope its just because its the first week because if this is a preview of whats to come I may have to deal one of my aces to replace what I lost with Encarnacion.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't over react to week one. About 25 to go....this is not a football sprint.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-1. But I got lucky with Felix on the bench on the opponent's team(who is a active player) in favor of Anibal and Eovaldi. However, I had Alvarez locked in when I learned he was on DL and I could have played Wacha(I liked Alvarez's matchup better). Still it was 304.5 to 303 despite our blunders. I also though played Segura over Castro knowing Segura was going on the road in pitchers parks.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another win 2-1. This one was close again. Price had a -19 but Street closing three straight games helped my case. Also, I didn't start Wacha over McCarthy either. But the most anyone scored this week was less than 270 and I had 246.5.

I'm not regretting that trade. Davis is doing just fine. Next week two starts for Kershaw, Price, Wacha.

I dropped Cody Allen. I like Street better right now and actually dropped Alvarez before this past week started and reclaimed him with my 2nd spot on the waivers. I took the chance thinking being that high up I would get him back. I could not do that this time so I had to drop someone I wasn't even playing.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to a 4-2 start and just picked up Gibson, Molina, and Gordon. Gibson replaces Ryu. Gordon replaces Calhoun. Molina takes over as my C from Pierzynski. Adding those two to Rizzo, Carpenter, Dozier, Gomez, and Davis has improved my hitting while I still have a nice nucleus of aces in Kershaw, Price, Alvarez, Richards, Wacha, Shoemaker, Heston, Martinez, Leake and Gibson.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-2 baby! If Kershaw can get back to his old self thats a bonus. Wacha, Richards are the ones that are bailing him out.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-2.