• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sizing up the Potential AZ/Duke Matchup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Jerrett could hit 3's but his inside game needed more work and not to mention a skinny frame to go along with it. Let's be honest, Jerrett took a gamble on a weak 2013 draft knowing that the 2014 is loaded beyond belief. If you look at all the mock drafts for next year, only AG makes the cut. I believe outside of replacing AG and Mayes, we keep our team.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Jerrett could hit 3's but his inside game needed more work and not to mention a skinny frame to go along with it. Let's be honest, Jerrett took a gamble on a weak 2013 draft knowing that the 2014 is loaded beyond belief. If you look at all the mock drafts for next year, only AG makes the cut. I believe outside of replacing AG and Mayes, we keep our team.

I think thats wishful thinking. But would be incredible if true for our 2015 team..

Remember johnson's vert, he's turning into a bayless type when you factor his fg%. Ht wont matter for him

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you. I think everyone comes back, but it might be the strength of the draft, and his size that keeps NJ out. NJ is more NBA ready than a few of those players on the mock-draft. Still think he's a 4-year Wildcat tough.

But I also think that Jerrett taught these guys that leaving on potential doesn't get you a jersey. That's probably the biggest reason these guys stay; potential doesn't get you a jersey.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we're debating who stays and who leaves is a great problem to have! Hahaha BTFD

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im so happy no one on arizona wears a mouthpiece

And/or a face mask???:laugh3:

Hansbrough.jpg

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey anybody. I am lost on this site. I wanted to start some talk on the UO and the AZ football game but I can't get a new thread going.
AZ-DbacksAZ, Not too long ago you wrote back thinking I was talking BBall. I don't really know how I got that thread to start. The only thing I can find to go to is AZ BBall and Fball and they always go to BBall.
I don't deny that I am not the sharpest tack on the bulletin board when it comes to computer things but one day it let me
start a thread and now I'm lost.
GO CATS! BEAT THE DUCKS! BEAR DOWN!
I believe if we get to play Duke next week, the east coast bias guy are going to be pissing their pants.
GO CATS! BEAT DOOKIE! BEAR DOWN!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The humiliation AZ threw down upon Duke in the tourney a few years ago was one of the greatest beatdowns I've ever witnessed. D-WIll was plain abusive against them. Looking forward to doing it again...this Cats team looks amazing.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqlDLokSHxQ]2011 Arizona vs Duke - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia4bW797GLQ]Derrick Williams 32pts vs. Duke (03.24.2011)- Power Put-Back Dunk + One-Handed Tomahawk!! - YouTube[/ame]

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is down by 10 at the half to FSU. The Wolverines were a preseason top-10 team, making the game in Ann Arbor a hugely important contest for the Cat's RPI, and for national perception. Beat a top-10 team on the road and you command respect.

After losing already to Iowa State, if they drop this one to the Seminoles and with a game against Duke on the horizon Michigan could very well be 3-3 by the time they play the Cats. Damn shame.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is down by 10 at the half to FSU. The Wolverines were a preseason top-10 team, making the game in Ann Arbor a hugely important contest for the Cat's RPI, and for national perception. Beat a top-10 team on the road and you command respect.

After losing already to Iowa State, if they drop this one to the Seminoles and with a game against Duke on the horizon Michigan could very well be 3-3 by the time they play the Cats. Damn shame.

I'm honestly not impressed by Michigan thus far. Yes I realize it's early in the season but their defense is soft and they allow guards to to get to the basket with ease. I know McGary barely made his debut against Iowa State but he looked sluggish and almost disinterested against them. Their team in general seemed to lack fight in them. They better get their sh*t together cuz I'd much rather beat a good Michigan team than a weak one.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS, when you said Harden had the most talent you have seen out of a Pac player in what 25 years? I thought it was DeRozan but I guess you were right. Harden really developed but yea.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS, when you said Harden had the most talent you have seen out of a Pac player in what 25 years? I thought it was DeRozan but I guess you were right. Harden really developed but yea.

Nope, I never said any such thing. What I said was that Harden was one of the top-10 players I've seen play in the Pac10(12). DeRozen is all flash, little substance, Harden is the opposite.

Neither is among the top-5 "most talented" players of the last 25 years when you talk about guys like Sean Elliot, Gary Payton, Jason Kidd, etc, etc ,etc. DeRozen wouldn't be in my top-25.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I never said any such thing. What I said was that Harden was one of the top-10 players I've seen play in the Pac10(12). DeRozen is all flash, little substance, Harden is the opposite.

Neither is among the top-5 "most talented" players of the last 25 years when you talk about guys like Sean Elliot, Gary Payton, Jason Kidd, etc, etc ,etc. DeRozen wouldn't be in my top-25.

Harden could be a better nba player than Kidd just saying. Especially when Durant leaves OKC for Houston. But Sean Elliot? I would take Harden, DeRozan, Derrick Williams (once he gets his ass out of Minnesota), Westbrook, Kevin Love. Over Sean Elliot he wasn't even that dominate in the NBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden could be a better nba player than Kidd just saying. Especially when Durant leaves OKC for Houston. But Sean Elliot? I would take Harden, DeRozan, Derrick Williams (once he gets his ass out of Minnesota), Westbrook, Kevin Love. Over Sean Elliot he wasn't even that dominate in the NBA.

What does talent have to do with NBA production? Elliot played on teams stocked with All-Stars including the best PF of all time (Duncan) and one of the top-10 Centers of all time (Robinson), he was the 3rd or 4th option on championship teams and was hampered by injuries. You said "most talented", not "best numbers on a crappy team".

The thing is, I'm not being a homer, go ask anybody who personally has witnessed the last 3 decades of basketball out West and they will tell you the same thing: Sean Elliot was the most dominant Pac10 player in the modern era.

You are a young guy, so your perspective is a bit skewed towards more modern players, but let me give you a bit of advice: Never, ever ever judge a player by their stats, especially those who you never once saw play with your own eyes.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does talent have to do with NBA production? Elliot played on teams stocked with All-Stars including the best PF of all time (Duncan) and one of the top-10 Centers of all time (Robinson), he was the 3rd or 4th option on championship teams and was hampered by injuries. You said "most talented", not "best numbers on a crappy team".

The thing is, I'm not being a homer, go ask anybody who personally has witnessed the last 3 decades of basketball out West and they will tell you the same thing: Sean Elliot was the most dominant Pac10 player in the modern era.

You are a young guy, so your perspective is a bit skewed towards more modern players, but let me give you a bit of advice: Never, ever ever judge a player by their stats, especially those who you never once saw play with your own eyes.

Okay. All try to watch full games and him, but I doubt there are 5 players in the last 25 years more talented than Harden. Dont look at the stats, Harden is an awful defender so I know what you mean about the stats.