• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sizing up the Potential AZ/Duke Matchup

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justise Winslow officially commited to Duke. No surprise there.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winslow commits to the dookies. To bad he wasn't in this seasons class cause they're going to wish he was come Friday. So who else can Arizona get or are recruiting for next seasons class?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0% chance for Myles Turner?

It all depends on Zeus. All signs are pointing to Zeus staying another year so I doubt we land him, but if Kaleb's stock starts rising like crazy and he has a good chance of entering the draft then Turner could be an option. I just don't see it happening at this point.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that we didn't get JW, but when you look at next year, it's not like it really matters.

PG: TJ/PJC
SG: NJ/York/Allen/Pitts
SF: RHJ/SJ
PF: BA/Victor/Peters
C: Zeus/Korchek

If NJ leaves, we still have plenty of depth at the SG. I am assuming that AG leaves, and I have to believe that both Zeus and BA return. Look at that depth chart, so deep. We really don't need anyone else. I don't think that Turner comes because he knows that he will play behind Zeus. And honestly, I would rather have Zeus as a junior than Turner as a freshman.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that we didn't get JW, but when you look at next year, it's not like it really matters.

PG: TJ/PJC
SG: NJ/York/Allen/Pitts
SF: RHJ/SJ
PF: BA/Victor/Peters
C: Zeus/Korchek

If NJ leaves, we still have plenty of depth at the SG. I am assuming that AG leaves, and I have to believe that both Zeus and BA return. Look at that depth chart, so deep. We really don't need anyone else. I don't think that Turner comes because he knows that he will play behind Zeus. And honestly, I would rather have Zeus as a junior than Turner as a freshman.

Too early to tell with Zeus. I think there is a very good chance that BAsh, Johnson and Gordon are all gone after this season. Hopefully Ashley stays, if so we are fine for next season. However, if Zeus, BAsh, Gordon and Johnson all go after this season, things could be interesting for Arizona next year in the front court. If that happens our backcourt an SF would be fine but our front court, in particular PF an C, would be Razor Thin.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to appreciate the effort, but if this was UofA frat boys who did this, then they need somebody to pick them up a calendar. If you don't paint the A the week of the Territorial Cup then it does not count.

At least they didn't use dynamite this time.

I liked the work that was done, but I agree, about one week off.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, lets enjoy this season and for once not have to talk about who we are getting next year for the moment due to current weakness. Either being a true PG (13' season) or some front court players (11', 12' seasons)

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see Zeus or BA leaving. This draft is too loaded. I think at best, either would be a low 2nd round pick. Zeus is just not ready, or even close for that matter. BA has the potential, but I think the first round is pretty close to locked up right now. I have to believe that both come back and are much better candidates next year. I think AG is 98% gone already, and NJ is like 60%.

Hahaha, good point though. You know it's a crazy fan base when we are looking at next year, after only the 5th game this year!!!!!

I feel bad for even doing it. Just so happy with how this team is playing this year. Makes me feel like I took for granted all the success growing up. Hell, I'm 31. Even as old as I am, I still don't know what it's like for AZ to even have a losing record for a season. I was 2!

I know we haven't had the rebuilding years that most teams have after losing such a dominant coach, but I'm happy that it didn't take that for me to realize how special AZ Basketball is. And I'm glad that with Miller, we won't find out.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see Zeus or BA leaving. This draft is too loaded. I think at best, either would be a low 2nd round pick. Zeus is just not ready, or even close for that matter. BA has the potential, but I think the first round is pretty close to locked up right now. I have to believe that both come back and are much better candidates next year. I think AG is 98% gone already, and NJ is like 60%.

Hahaha, good point though. You know it's a crazy fan base when we are looking at next year, after only the 5th game this year!!!!!

I feel bad for even doing it. Just so happy with how this team is playing this year. Makes me feel like I took for granted all the success growing up. Hell, I'm 31. Even as old as I am, I still don't know what it's like for AZ to even have a losing record for a season. I was 2!

I know we haven't had the rebuilding years that most teams have after losing such a dominant coach, but I'm happy that it didn't take that for me to realize how special AZ Basketball is. And I'm glad that with Miller, we won't find out.

Its way too early to say the first round is pretty locked up imo. Zeus is a true 7'0 and 250lb, the NBA is coveting those types of players right now, but I agree he may not be ready this year. But remember who Okc drafted with the 13th pick last year and he was more raw than zeus an was picked with straight potential. Players rise an fall out of the first round all year. With that said NJ is gone after this year, he is a lock for the first round. In regards to Ashley, he has a 7'2 wingspan, can shoot an 18 footer, play on the block and block shots. there is no gimme that Bash is back by any means..

but i hope you are right:suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget what Grant Jerrett did last year. None of us thought he'd leave but the hope of playing in NBA and a weak draft was enough to lure him. IMO at this point, the only 2 guys for sure leaving are AG and Mayes. Other than them it's all up in the air. I seriously doubt Nick Johnson leaves; sorry but as good as he is his height may keep him from getting drafted. I can totally see Brash and even Zeus test the nba waters and possibly make the jump but next years draft is suppose to be loaded with talent so keeping our team intact is a real possibility.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Jerrett could hit a three. Zeus has never even attempted one, and has trouble past 8-10 feet. And BA has only attempted 6 threes in 40 games.