• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sidney Rice done with a torn ACL

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, how are current contracts getting in the way of them addressing the line right now? Did Joe Thomas get released?

You may not like the way they are winning but this is the way great teams go on runs. Every year the team that wins the SB is one that faced a lot of adversity and fought their fare share of dogfights and even lost games they should win. While the top seeds that blow everyone out dont win because eventually someone comes along and punches in the nose and they dont know how to respond.

Just crawl under your rock until there is something else to bitch about.

I have briwas on my ignore list for a reason. He's made an art out of taking something bad that happens to one of our teams and somehow patting himself on the back for it. Granted, several big money free agents haven't worked out well, but when you draft as well as these guys do, you can afford to gamble on big money free agents. You can definitely afford to do it when you also repeatedly hit it big on cheaper, less heralded free agents. Now, when they have to start paying big money to some of their homegrown guys, they won't be able to gamble on as many big money free agents as they can now, but I think they'll adjust accordingly. They've whiffed a couple times on big money guys, but this team has gone 18-6 over the last year and a half, so it's possible that these guys actually know what they're doing a little bit.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have briwas on my ignore list for a reason. He's made an art out of taking something bad that happens to one of our teams and somehow patting himself on the back for it. Granted, several big money free agents haven't worked out well, but when you draft as well as these guys do, you can afford to gamble on big money free agents. You can definitely afford to do it when you also repeatedly hit it big on cheaper, less heralded free agents. Now, when they have to start paying big money to some of their homegrown guys, they won't be able to gamble on as many big money free agents as they can now, but I think they'll adjust accordingly. They've whiffed a couple times on big money guys, but this team has gone 18-6 over the last year and a half, so it's possible that these guys actually know what they're doing a little bit.

Besides, how Paul Allen chooses to spend his billions isn't something that keeps me up at night. I don't care if we drop a ton gambling on a FA as long as it doesn't mess up our cap long term.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes you have to gamble on the best bet and it doesn't work out. Rice case in point, but if not Rice who then? Who should the Seahawks have pickup at WR?

The bottom line is that the Seahawks have put together a really talented roster. Nobody hits on ever move, so it's how the roster stacks up after all the moves. Almost all of us IMO feel the Seahawks have done just fine.

briwas101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, how are current contracts getting in the way of them addressing the line right now? Did Joe Thomas get released?

You may not like the way they are winning but this is the way great teams go on runs. Every year the team that wins the SB is one that faced a lot of adversity and fought their fare share of dogfights and even lost games they should win. While the top seeds that blow everyone out dont win because eventually someone comes along and punches in the nose and they dont know how to respond.

Just crawl under your rock until there is something else to bitch about.

I guess you are too stupid to understand how the cap works (you must spend too much time under a rock yourself).

There is such a thing as a CAP LIMIT.

The more money you give a player, the less money you have for other players.

Did i say that Joe Thomas was available right now and we are unable to get him because of the HORRIBLE contracts Carroll/Schneider have give out? No.

But come next offseason we will have less money to fix our problems because of all the money Harvin gets.

Yes, we will FINALLY be done with the first loser from Minny that we got and that money will be available to spend.

The more money spent on overrated/injured players, the less money for quality healthy players.

You should be ashamed that i had to explain that to you.

I also shouldn't have to remind you that the Hawks did NOTHING of note on OL in the offseason. The time to improve the OL for THIS SEASON would be last OFFSEASON.

The Hawks failed to improve our OL situation, basically ignoring it completely, and instead wasted tons of money and a 1st round pick to get Harvin.

This is the problem with wasting money on losers like Rice. Losers like you CHEERED when we signed him, and yet there was nothing to cheer for.

It was obvious from day 1 that Rice was a horrible acquisition, but you were too stupid to see it.

It was obvious from day 1 that the Harvin deal was a horrible one, but you were too stupid to see it.

I will never understand why you people fail to learn from your mistakes.

Big FA (or 1st round pick trades) RARELY work out.

Go back and look at the history of big contracts (in ALL sports) and you will see how full of failure it is.

Big contracts are the EASIEST way to fail. They fail at such an alarming rate that it is unbelievable that huge contracts are given our anymore.

If big contracts were a QB, they would be Tim Tebow.

Big contracts are like the lottery, except instead of losing $1 you lose MANY MILLIONS.

You would be right more often if you learned this simple lesson.

It's amazing that Seahawks message boards STILL give people crap for being correct, but they pat the backs of people who are dead wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

briwas101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good for you.

Ignore the guy that is almost always right, and instead only listen to your fellow idiots who LOVE when we make horrible moves.

After all, why would you want to listen to someone who proved over the years that he knows 100 times more than you?

Why listen to someone who gets it right more than anyone you listen to on the radio?

Why would ANYONE want to do that???

briwas101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, how Paul Allen chooses to spend his billions isn't something that keeps me up at night. I don't care if we drop a ton gambling on a FA as long as it doesn't mess up our cap long term.

"Doesn't mess up our cap long term."

That isnt the right way to look at it.

If the Hawks fail to go to the Super Bowl because our OL sucks and our WR corps sucks, then the big contracts screwed us over even if we are "okay long term."

The 2013 seahawks would be 8-0 and on their way to the Super Bowl for sure if we had:

1. Never signed Sidney Rice
2. Spent that money upgrading OL
3. Traded away a 1st round pick that could potentially fill a role this season
4. Blow a bunch of money on signing Harvin.

The Hawks are already looking at the high probability of not being able to re-sign all of our upcoming FAs over the next 2 years due to salary cap constraints.

The effects of wasting money on Rice and Harvin are ALREADY being felt. It isn't something that will only affect us in the future.

It affects us RIGHT NOW

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you are too stupid to understand how the cap works (you must spend too much time under a rock yourself).

There is such a thing as a CAP LIMIT.

The more money you give a player, the less money you have for other players.

Did i say that Joe Thomas was available right now and we are unable to get him because of the HORRIBLE contracts Carroll/Schneider have give out? No.

But come next offseason we will have less money to fix our problems because of all the money Harvin gets.

Yes, we will FINALLY be done with the first loser from Minny that we got and that money will be available to spend.

The more money spent on overrated/injured players, the less money for quality healthy players.

You should be ashamed that i had to explain that to you.

I also shouldn't have to remind you that the Hawks did NOTHING of note on OL in the offseason. The time to improve the OL for THIS SEASON would be last OFFSEASON.

The Hawks failed to improve our OL situation, basically ignoring it completely, and instead wasted tons of money and a 1st round pick to get Harvin.

This is the problem with wasting money on losers like Rice. Losers like you CHEERED when we signed him, and yet there was nothing to cheer for.

It was obvious from day 1 that Rice was a horrible acquisition, but you were too stupid to see it.

It was obvious from day 1 that the Harvin deal was a horrible one, but you were too stupid to see it.

I will never understand why you people fail to learn from your mistakes.

Big FA (or 1st round pick trades) RARELY work out.

Go back and look at the history of big contracts (in ALL sports) and you will see how full of failure it is.

Big contracts are the EASIEST way to fail. They fail at such an alarming rate that it is unbelievable that huge contracts are given our anymore.

If big contracts were a QB, they would be Tim Tebow.

Big contracts are like the lottery, except instead of losing $1 you lose MANY MILLIONS.

You would be right more often if you learned this simple lesson.

It's amazing that Seahawks message boards STILL give people crap for being correct, but they pat the backs of people who are dead wrong.

Not all cap space rolls over to the next year. You need to spend à certain amount to have rollover, dipshit.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of chump is more concerned with this than the team being 7-1 and in the drivers seat for the NFC?

Oh yeah, briwas.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of chump is more concerned with this than the team being 7-1 and in the drivers seat for the NFC?

Oh yeah, briwas.

Totally! One bad game (that we won) and he climbs out from under his rock to wave his "I told you so!" flag.

Pathetic.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now even his biggest fans have to admit he was a total bust from day 1.

Oh, and how is the OTHER injury-plagued former Viking WR that we gave up a 1st round pick for the right to give him tons of money?

That's right, he hasn't even played yet.

I wonder if you guys are still going to give me crap for saying Carrol/Schneider are bottom-5 in the nfl when it comes to big FAs.

Face it, whenever the Hawks give out a big contract we get much less than we pay for (including Miller).

The hawks can salvage (I use the word lightly, we are 7-1 after all) the season but what is happening right now is EXACTLY what I told you guys would happen.

Our high priced players arent doing a damn thing and they prevented us from having enough $ to address our needs. O-line needed to get an upgrade at one position (lg, rg, or rt) while pushing one of those former starters into a backup role for improved depth.

You people need to learn that EVERY dollar you waste on LOSERS like Rice and Harvin is one less dollar available to spend on necessary players.

What were their big FA signings?

1. Lynch. They knocked that deal out of the park.
2. Rice. So-so deal. He wasn't great but he wasn't a "total bust" and he'll probably be moving on now. Oh well.
3. Harvin. The jury's still out on that one.

Regardless, throughout all your bitching you fail to mention what they should have done instead. It's not like the All-Madden team was standing around unsigned when they made the deal to get Rice. No one here claims Rice was an amazing WR for us but beside his so-so play you haven't mentioned how exactly his signing caused the team harm. Paying him prevented us from signing who? What players did we lose because we signed him? You can't seem to answer that.

Yes, Rice's pay didn't match his play but so what? I'm still waiting for specific ways his signing hurt the team. Not this "we could have spent that money on some else" nonsense either. Who? Who was available that was better? Spill it!

If the FO pushes us against the cap with a big signing of a so-so player and it causes us to lose Wilson, Thomas, Lynch or Sherman then you'll have a point. Until that happens you're just bitching for the sake of it.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention Avril and Bennett among our FA signings. Our pass rush was the most glaring need this last off season and it was addressed beautifully.

What is it about those two signings that put JS and PC in the bottom five of the league?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L bri.

briwas101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention Avril and Bennett among our FA signings. Our pass rush was the most glaring need this last off season and it was addressed beautifully.

What is it about those two signings that put JS and PC in the bottom five of the league?

I supported both of those signings.

This is what people like you DO NOT understand.

I support the good moves, and correctly predict the bad ones.

I was excited about EVERY good move the Hawks made in the offseason.

Whether you want to admit it or not, the Harvin trade/contract WAS THE WORST MOVE IN THE ENTIRE NFL OFFSEASON.

I never said they didn't make any good moves, in fact i cheered them on. But they DID make the worst move in the NFL and it WAS 100% preventable

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I supported both of those signings.

This is what people like you DO NOT understand.

I support the good moves, and correctly predict the bad ones.

I was excited about EVERY good move the Hawks made in the offseason.

Whether you want to admit it or not, the Harvin trade/contract WAS THE WORST MOVE IN THE ENTIRE NFL OFFSEASON.

I never said they didn't make any good moves, in fact i cheered them on. But they DID make the worst move in the NFL and it WAS 100% preventable

We get it bree, you don't like the Harvin trade. You've made your point (over and over and over again) and seeing as you have absolutely nothing else to contribute why don't you just leave?