• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sidney Rice done with a torn ACL

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Sid.

Step up Kearse.

hawkturnal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up......

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it went from "concussion like symptoms" to a torn ACL?

....................k.

At least Harvin is due back soon.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably seen the last of Sidney Rice in a hawks uniform.

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, this is not a huge loss. Rice hasn't done much this season and hasn't really done all that much in a Seahawks uniform. He will probably be cut at the end of the season to clear up some cap space. He just never really got separation consistently and wasn't all that fast either. He had that one great year when Brett Favre was throwing to him and that's about it. I think this is Kearse's chance at proving his worth. Looking ahead, I think the Hawks will have to focus their early round draft picks on offense rather than defense like they have the past few years. We need a tall, explosive receiver and help on the O-Line. Bye Bye Sidney Rice. Wish you could have done more in a Hawks uniform.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks he got hurt, but he's been a big disappointment. Not that big of a lose.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Kearse step up. Except for that drop yesterday he's been pretty good so far.

And he went to my high school so there's that...

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks we didn't keep Stephen Williams. That guy made a lot of plays in the pre-season and looked good. Granted, it was only the pre-season, but he could have been that outside deep threat for us. Oh, well.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big critic on sidney rice and said that if he didnt improve this season we should cut him and now that his career (from what it seems) is starting to go downward because a knee injury to a WR is hell so we should look to other options this offseason to replace him

lets face it he was never the same coming off that 2010 injury with the vikings

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not have been outstanding but he was still a quality receiver. This still hurts the team even though Rice was underachieving.

I don't think there is any doubt that they'll put Harvin to work now. Kearse will get a lot more work as well. Any free agents out there worth looking at or maybe promote someone off the practice squad?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no one is signed or activated off the practice squad in the next couple of days. That will be sign Percy is coming back this week I would think

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i know he will be missed but someone else will just have to step up.

Plus as said Harven coming back will help no doubt,so if there was anytime for an injury at WR this most likely is the best time (Not that any injury's are good).

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Hawks will still be smart and take their time with Harvin coming back. Harvin reportedly had his hip "flair up" on him last week and he is probably still a few weeks away from coming back. Just let him get some more quality practice time in and bring him along slowly. The combined records of our next 3 opponents is 3-18. Seriously. We will be fine. I think Kearse could be the major benefactor of this Rice injury and I believe he will step up big time. This could make our offense more explosive with a speedy, quick receiving corps. Rice always looked slow to me...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin most likely comes back in the next few weeks, and that's a positive. The negative is that the top 3 WRs in Seattle will all be of the slot skill set (I know Tate likes being an outside receiver, but I still think he's better suited in the slot). Kearse and Brian Walters are the other 2 WRs on the roster. So, should the Seahawks look to find a free agent to step in for some playing time? Here's a list of what I think are the best options (best not necessarily good):

Brandon Lloyd (not likely, he retired to pursue an acting career and resisted calls from NE earlier in the year to come back)
Ben Obomanu
Devery Henderson
Steve Breaston
Michael Jenkins
Deion Branch
Chad Johnson
Jabar Gaffney
Deon Butler
Jason Hill
Legedu Naanee

There are probably more, but that's just a shortlist. Some are more appealing than others, some even have some experience in Seattle.

Practice squad receivers around the league:
Tommy Streeter, Nathan Palmer, Ryan Spadola, Saalim Hakim, Gerrard Sheppard, Cobi Hamilton, Josh Cooper, Justin Brown, Kashif Moore, Devon Wylie, Andy Cruse, Uzoma Nwachukwu, Da'Rick Rogers, Griff Whalen, Jeremy Ebert, Lamaar Thomas, Michael Preston, Rashad Ross, Chad Bumphis, Gerell Robinson, Frankie Hammond, Greg Jenkins, Josh Bellamy, Tim Benford, Jamar Newsome, Lanear Sampson, Marcus Harris, Julian Talley, Will Murphy, Lance Lewis, Nick Williams, Pat Edwards, Corey Fuller, Ty Walker, Adam Thielen, James Rodgers, Brenton Sersin, Toney Clemons, Andy Tanner, Chris Williams, Kerry Taylor, Emory Blake, Justin Veltung, Chuck Jacobs, Arceto Clark and Ricardo Lockette

Sorry for the length of that list, especially since most of them can just stay on their respective practice squads. Though, Ricardo Lockette may be someone who could see some playing time as he's seen some here before. I like James Rodgers, too, but again, his skill set is similar to guys we already have.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is no loss at all because he's been invisible this season. I doubt he was anywhere near 100% all year because he couldn't get separation on anybody.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the PUP rules, Percy must be activated after the Atlanta game or he will have to remain on there all year. Although I suppose if he is still hurting they could activate him and just make him inactive on game day.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt we have Breaston in for awhile in camp this year?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe your thinking of Early Doucet? I don't think we had Breastan