• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sidney Rice done with a torn ACL

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, has this been a rough year for ex-gamecocks in the NFL. Melvin Ingram, Culliver, and now Rice. Hope they can all get back. Sucks to see.

Tigwelds1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just because of his big contract that people love to hate Rice? He caught everything thrown his way. I know that people are quick to say he couldn't get separation, but who can in the 1 second that the O line gives plays to develop? I'm all for the next man up motto, but I don't get why people talk about him like he was some bum that did nothing to better the team.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidney wasnt great and underachieved for us, but this hurts. He was the one that seemed to make the clutch catches when we needed to move the chains. Luckily the schedule is soft for a few weeks, but we're going to feel this more so then I think people are thinking.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice did make some nice catches … He did some nice things out there and will be missed.. But hey we gotta move on… Wish him the best…

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin has made his fair share of clutch catches.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh Rice was an average #1 AT BEST. I'd probably argue below average. He's not a guy you gameplan for as a defense. The only wide receiver on our team that is gameplan worthy is Harvin.

I'm fine with Tate/Baldwin/Kearse as our starting set and then work in Harvin somehow. This was sadly Rice's last game as a Hawk and he'll leave Seattle on a quiet note which is always too bad. He is a big hit on the cap next year to my knowledge and it's simply note worth it. No cost to Seattle though, at least we didn't give up a pick to get him.

I see Seattle drafting WR and O-Line heavy next season. Possibly a LBer in the 2nd/4th because Carroll likes Lbers, we are fairly thin at the position, and we draft them so well.... but time to spend a little offseason focus on the O. Then we hit free agent hell with the D.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just because of his big contract that people love to hate Rice? He caught everything thrown his way. I know that people are quick to say he couldn't get separation, but who can in the 1 second that the O line gives plays to develop? I'm all for the next man up motto, but I don't get why people talk about him like he was some bum that did nothing to better the team.

I don't hate Rice. 2 years ago he was working with a couple of awful QB's and last year it was a rookie who was being held back for most of the season. But this year he's been playing like complete crap and can't get open against anybody. I doubt he was anywhere near 100% going into the season. I'm not happy he's out but this really isn't that big of a loss because he really wasn't much better than a guy off the street at this point.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fabulous hands, but injury waiting to happen from waist down.

Just can't bank on him being your #1 WO. He was going to get cut or told to restructure his deal after this year so either way, he and miller off the books is going to free up a boatload of cap space to get something new.

Wish Rice could of produced better with those hands of his, but just too fragile in the knees and hips to contribute in the long run.

He's also a loss because even if he didn't put up huge numbers lately, he still demanded game planning by D coordinators and coverage by Ds.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also a loss because even if he didn't put up huge numbers lately, he still demanded game planning by D coordinators and coverage by Ds.

I don't think people realize how often Rice faced double teams. There are reasons that Tate was able to get a lot of one on one coverage without safety help over the top, and that's because teams rotated the defense to Sydney Rice. Rice was our true deep threat, he was the guy who would make the catches no one else even imagined they could make. It will hurt the team, maybe not his individual numbers, but his effect on the team may be bigger than the 15 catches and 3 TDs he's provided this year.

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people realize how often Rice faced double teams. There are reasons that Tate was able to get a lot of one on one coverage without safety help over the top, and that's because teams rotated the defense to Sydney Rice. Rice was our true deep threat, he was the guy who would make the catches no one else even imagined they could make. It will hurt the team, maybe not his individual numbers, but his effect on the team may be bigger than the 15 catches and 3 TDs he's provided this year.

Was Rice really a deep threat? How many deep balls has Rice caught all season long? I can't think of a single go-route he ran for a huge gain. The TD he caught from Wilson against the Cardinals was on a broken play. You can't really be a deep threat when you are as slow as Rice is....he couldn't get any separation all year and didn't blow by anyone. I'm sad to see him get hurt, but I think it was time to cut ties with him anyways. Time to draft an explosive receiver who can be a deep threat and red zone threat in April's draft....

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin has made his fair share of clutch catches.

I like Baldwin, but theres some games where he just disappears. I'm talking like you wonder if he even played. Thats going to have to change now.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh Rice was an average #1 AT BEST. I'd probably argue below average. He's not a guy you gameplan for as a defense. The only wide receiver on our team that is gameplan worthy is Harvin.

I'm fine with Tate/Baldwin/Kearse as our starting set and then work in Harvin somehow. This was sadly Rice's last game as a Hawk and he'll leave Seattle on a quiet note which is always too bad. He is a big hit on the cap next year to my knowledge and it's simply note worth it. No cost to Seattle though, at least we didn't give up a pick to get him.

I see Seattle drafting WR and O-Line heavy next season. Possibly a LBer in the 2nd/4th because Carroll likes Lbers, we are fairly thin at the position, and we draft them so well.... but time to spend a little offseason focus on the O. Then we hit free agent hell with the D.

You can throw conventional wisdom out the window with this front office when it comes to the draft. Conventional wisdom in this case would suggest that we need to draft a receiver and offensive linemen early in the next draft, but don't be surprised if that doesn't happen. The only things you can bank on with these guys is that they will either draft or use draft picks in a trade to get an impact starter or two somewhere and plenty of people are gonna be saying "Huh?" after they look at our draft. They could also do something before the draft to take care of their perceived needs, allowing them to go into the draft either adding depth where it's needed or planning ahead and potentially giving us a clue as to what they'll be doing either the rest of that off-season or the next off-season by adding depth at a position that already seems plenty deep.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Baldwin, but theres some games where he just disappears. I'm talking like you wonder if he even played. Thats going to have to change now.

I read that he's had four targets the last two game. YES 4 the last 2 games. Kinda hard to make an impact when your only getting the ball that much.

Also I just read that the play Sidney tore his ACL on was run blocking for RW on one of those goal line sneaks from the 1. SMH, give the ball to Marshawn and maybe that doesnt happen.

briwas101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got so much crap for saying Rice was a horrible signing

Now even his biggest fans have to admit he was a total bust from day 1.

Oh, and how is the OTHER injury-plagued former Viking WR that we gave up a 1st round pick for the right to give him tons of money?

That's right, he hasn't even played yet.

I wonder if you guys are still going to give me crap for saying Carrol/Schneider are bottom-5 in the nfl when it comes to big FAs.

Face it, whenever the Hawks give out a big contract we get much less than we pay for (including Miller).

The hawks can salvage (I use the word lightly, we are 7-1 after all) the season but what is happening right now is EXACTLY what I told you guys would happen.

Our high priced players arent doing a damn thing and they prevented us from having enough $ to address our needs. O-line needed to get an upgrade at one position (lg, rg, or rt) while pushing one of those former starters into a backup role for improved depth.

You people need to learn that EVERY dollar you waste on LOSERS like Rice and Harvin is one less dollar available to spend on necessary players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rice is out

#*@_(#)$&$)@__@(#__

and a few more words the good lord don't know

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look! Something bad happened and briwas is here to gloat.
What a true fan.

Yeah, PC and JS are such a horrible FO combo. They absolutely ruined the 4-12 and 5-11 squad they took over.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now even his biggest fans have to admit he was a total bust from day 1.

Oh, and how is the OTHER injury-plagued former Viking WR that we gave up a 1st round pick for the right to give him tons of money?

That's right, he hasn't even played yet.

I wonder if you guys are still going to give me crap for saying Carrol/Schneider are bottom-5 in the nfl when it comes to big FAs.

Face it, whenever the Hawks give out a big contract we get much less than we pay for (including Miller).

The hawks can salvage (I use the word lightly, we are 7-1 after all) the season but what is happening right now is EXACTLY what I told you guys would happen.

Our high priced players arent doing a damn thing and they prevented us from having enough $ to address our needs. O-line needed to get an upgrade at one position (lg, rg, or rt) while pushing one of those former starters into a backup role for improved depth.

You people need to learn that EVERY dollar you waste on LOSERS like Rice and Harvin is one less dollar available to spend on necessary players.

LOL, how are current contracts getting in the way of them addressing the line right now? Did Joe Thomas get released?

You may not like the way they are winning but this is the way great teams go on runs. Every year the team that wins the SB is one that faced a lot of adversity and fought their fare share of dogfights and even lost games they should win. While the top seeds that blow everyone out dont win because eventually someone comes along and punches in the nose and they dont know how to respond.

Just crawl under your rock until there is something else to bitch about.

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, how are current contracts getting in the way of them addressing the line right now? Did Joe Thomas get released?

You may not like the way they are winning but this is the way great teams go on runs. Every year the team that wins the SB is one that faced a lot of adversity and fought their fare share of dogfights and even lost games they should win. While the top seeds that blow everyone out dont win because eventually someone comes along and punches in the nose and they dont know how to respond.

Just crawl under your rock until there is something else to bitch about.

VERY well said! :agree: