• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Lions trade Shaun Hill?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those guys were young and viewed as having potential. Hill is not a proven NFL starter and the claim is laughable.
Stupid and inaccurate statement beyond that they were viewed as potential saviors, though history says there are few Steve Youngs and Brett Favres and plenty of Matt Cassels. Starting QB is so valuable that the price is high.

Hill has been a decent starter in 2 seasons in San Francisco and one in Detroit (avg about 84 rating is actually very good, not decent). He wouldn't be a top-15 QB, but he'd upgrade the hell out of 10 teams in the NFL, a couple of which are trying to win now.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only teams that would have a serious interest would be the Bears and the texans. Under no condition do we help the Bears make the playoffs at Detroit's expense.

The Texans maybe as they still are a good team and if they turned it around would have a chance at the playoffs.

Cleveland, St Louis, Tampa, and a host of others have no shot at the playoffs so they would not be inclined to overpay for a backup QB. The way see it he has more value to Detroit than any 4-6 round pick we could hope to get.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo Hill's value in the NFL is as a back up only. If her were truly a no.1 QB, teams would have asked about him already, and I do not believe anyone has.

However, after reading that the Rams asked Favre to come back to play for them, maybe Mayhew could swing a pick out of those goofs for the Boise kid we have.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to discredit my argument?

I dunno. But Schaub wasn't a proven starter. Unless starting one game at the end of a season counts. He had a helluva lot more value than Shaun Hill does though.