• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shitcago Baby Bulls in full blown tank/rebuild mode

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah everyone keeps hyping up this draft. you never know how many of these guys are going to pan out, but it'll be interesting to see it go down...

you usually can't judge how great a draft is until a few years after the fact, though...

There's always going to be questions about the draft and if these players are the real deal or not, but I would say the top 5-8 players will be legit, with 1-3 possibly being stars.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls trading Deng is no surprise... here in Chicago it was pretty much a foregone conclusion they were not going to re-sign him AND they will be amnestying Boozer's sorry ass after the season, regardless of Rose's status. In fact, the ONLY way they would have considered bringing Luol back is if they won the Championship this year.

Now they have a (young) core of Rose-Noah-Gibson-Butler-Mirotic (the EuroSuperStarSensation), plus $10-12 mil in cap space (to sign a big-name FA in the offseason), plus a bunch of picks to use in potential trades.

In short, the Bulls are still in great shape for the next 3-5 years.
If the Bulls front office had no plans to bring Deng back.... "pretty much a foregone conclusion" then why did they offer him a 3yr deal worth 10mil per year shortly before the trade went down?

Y! SPORTS

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bulls front office had no plans to bring Deng back.... "pretty much a foregone conclusion" then why did they offer him a 3yr deal worth 10mil per year shortly before the trade went down?

Y! SPORTS

That doesn't seem like a legitimate effort to extend him. Chicago had to know that there was no chance to get him to take a pay cut like that. He'll certainly find a team that will give him much more.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we tank. Great draft. Draft someone to play along side Rose. Overall bad trade by the Bulls and Im a Bulls fan. For an all star/expiring contract we should of got something in return. 2nd Rd picks do nothing in this league.

Bulls Front office gets an F. They are one of the worst in the league.

What the bulls got was Clevelands (via Sacramento) protected top 12 first round pick draft or the right to swap picks with Cleveland in this draft, the two second rounders are portlands for 2015 and 2016. So it is actually three picks, one first and two second rounders.

The bulls could use the Charolette conditional this year, its top 10 protected, its top 8 protected next year and 2016 is unprotected. The sacramento conditional, they got for deng is conditional protected top 14 in 2015, I believe unprotected in 2017.

I dont know about this salary relief from the cap, I am not sure they were over the cap and just went under when they released bynum. Looks like they are gutting the roster and hoping for opt outs in free agency again.

Deng was offered some extension, there were rumblings of 3/30, 4/40 and 2/15 last week. Deng refused saying he wants Iggy money, that led to the trade. One first and two second rounders is not a bad haul for a guy that was gonna walk. He held us up for big money last deal, it wasnt gonna happen again.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I did not, so you need to attend the school to root for them? Ohh okayy, thanks for clearing that up.

You didn't attend KU, don't live in Kansas, probably have no affiliation with anything Kansas, so you're a front runner like the OP.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't attend KU, don't live in Kansas, probably have no affiliation with anything Kansas, so you're a front runner like the OP.

A front runner? Yes because I forgot when I was a little kid and started to follow college hoops that they won so many titles, year in and year out :noidea:

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Y! SPORTS

They had to make an offer as a matter of principle; however it was known all along Deng would be seeking Iguodala type numbers and, as expected, that's what he wanted.

None of this was top secret news here in Chicago... we knew the scoop before the season even started.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't seem like a legitimate effort to extend him. Chicago had to know that there was no chance to get him to take a pay cut like that. He'll certainly find a team that will give him much more.

That's right... ^^^