• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shark listen to this

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been my point all along. We can trade down and still get Scherff and use the other picks to address other holes. Welcome to the club, m'man!

And i say to get the kind of haul you are hoping for, we would be trading away from Scherff. We trade down, we are taking the 2-5th best player on the O-line.

Or worse

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not necessarily remember he takes BPA so it could be at what ever position

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a choice to say BS to what he does. With that in mind, will you do it if he passes up on Scherff either by taking someone like Fowler or trading out of the pick?

I'll sit back and watch and remind you all in three years we should have taken Scherff when he is an all pro and the guy we took was an all average.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure having SM and the new o-line coach will help spotting talent for o-line in the draft

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i say to get the kind of haul you are hoping for, we would be trading away from Scherff. We trade down, we are taking the 2-5th best player on the O-line.

Or worse

And I've responded to that. Yes, that's true, but it's worth the tradeoff you'll get in filling other holes. You're the guy keeping the Ferrari, remember?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll sit back and watch and remind you all in three years we should have taken Scherff when he is an all pro and the guy we took was an all average.

And how do you know that McCloughan and Callahan's assessment that Long or someone else isn't the answer? Again, you're taking the Ferrari. That's clear now. Take the fly ride, screw the struggling family.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how do you know that McCloughan and Callahan's assessment that Long or someone else isn't the answer? Again, you're taking the Ferrari. That's clear now. Take the fly ride, screw the struggling family.

We have no answer on the team for RT sorry but been saying Moses is a guard

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it doesn't he would be a stud at RT

Based on what? NO ONE considers him that. At most, there are some that say if you put him in the right spot, he could be decent. But the guy has problems with speed rushers. That basically makes him a Polumbus v. 2.0.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? NO ONE considers him that. At most, there are some that say if you put him in the right spot, he could be decent. But the guy has problems with speed rushers. That basically makes him a Polumbus v. 2.0.
I don't know that I would characterize him as polombus 2.0, but there are certainly questions in some experts minds. This makes him a risky pick at 5, in my mind.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that I would characterize him as polombus 2.0, but there are certainly questions in some experts minds. This makes him a risky pick at 5, in my mind.

Name me three guys who are LIKELY to be there at 5 when we pick that dont also have some questions in experts minds??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name me three guys who are LIKELY to be there at 5 when we pick that dont also have some questions in experts minds??
Can't in this draft. Trade back is the play.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't in this draft. Trade back is the play.

Right, and if we cant trade back. Odds are if there isnt a player we deem worthy of taking at five, why does every one assume there will be a player that teams are desperate to trade up for. Unless Mariota or Williams are sitting there, we are either going to have to pick a player. Or trade back and take LESS than one would expect simply because we are just trying to off load the pick.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well - hopefully they take your guy. However - if they don't then you can't simply deem the draft a failure. In three years a lot can happen. Perhaps they draft a force in this year's draft that will contribute elsewhere & draft effective O-lineman in future drafts or even later in this year's draft. People need to get out of this negative "I told you so" mindset. I get the feeling this team will be fine in 2-3 years.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - hopefully they take your guy. However - if they don't then you can't simply deem the draft a failure. In three years a lot can happen. Perhaps they draft a force in this year's draft that will contribute elsewhere & draft effective O-lineman in future drafts or even later in this year's draft. People need to get out of this negative "I told you so" mindset. I get the feeling this team will be fine in 2-3 years.

Socal.. you known me long enough to know I generally have a surly mood when it comes to these sorts of things. I really hope I dont have another I toldja moment. But I have been following this kid loosely since 2013 at this point. And i think one or two of the NFCEast teams are going to get a shot at drafting a kid who is going to be special. I firmly believe he is one of the top 5-7 players in this draft, and I admit I will be a little torqued if we pass on this kid. As i have said, I dont think he is the only lineman that can help us out. But my take is he is the best, and barring the Jags or Raiders having a moment of clarity, he ill be sitting there for us. Its damn near a gift from the football gods, and I think its just too obvious a direction for some people.