• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shark listen to this

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand your point. mayock is wrong as much as he is right. I'm a fowler fan, but an endorsement by mayock means very little.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him be stunned then. I have made my case. The prevailing group think is that you dont take a RT at #5, combined with people seeing this desperate need the Skins supposedly have for another pass rusher. Which is why every pass rusher under the sun has been linked to Washington at #5. If that need was WR, I would expect to see more people mocking us to take White or Cooper, which ever of the two is still on the board after Oakland picks.

I stand by my opinion that despite his athletic ability, Fowler is this years Dion Jordan, some one who still needs to learn to be a pass rusher at the NFL level. Hyped to the moon, but ultimately drafted too high.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree jy19. I just think Fowler is a good all around LB. Could be ILB for us too. He said himself he would be shocked if the Jags passed on him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have fowler already . he is called trent murphy

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. skinsdad he can play all of the LB positions. You need depth at the most important position in the 3-4 defense.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. skinsdad he can play all of the LB positions. You need depth at the most important position in the 3-4 defense.

And Scherff can play every position on the O-line. Add to it we have a starter at OLB, we have warm bodies on the right side of the O-line.

So whats your point?? YOu want to draft a jack of all trades master of none with the fifth pick. really?? I hope to god the Jags do take him at 3, would means Williams has a good shot at slipping and maybe we can trade down to 8, let Atlanta take Williams while we pick up an extra 3rd rounder and still draft the best OT in the draft.

But then i think the Giants would consider dealing with the Jets or bears to get Scherff in that case.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up for Sherff? lol. The only guys teams will trade up for are MM and the two Wr's. The top 3 picks looks like Winston, Williams, and Fowler. This would mean that our phone and the Raiders phone will be getting a lot of calls.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who needs an offensive line when you can have depth at outside linebacker. Lol

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who needs an offensive line when you can have depth at outside linebacker. Lol

None of that logic stuff TCB... we are talking about drafting the next Dion Jordan here at five... what a steal. Unless of course we trade down, then who knows what will be on the board. But anything has got to be better than taking a boring old O-lineman. Its not about actually improving the team, its the excitement of it all that matters. :)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that logic stuff TCB... we are talking about drafting the next Dion Jordan here at five... what a steal. Unless of course we trade down, then who knows what will be on the board. But anything has got to be better than taking a boring old O-lineman. Its not about actually improving the team, its the excitement of it all that matters. :)
Dude, that's just not fair. Just because some of us disagree with you on draft strategy or Schreff specifically doesn't mean all we want is splash. For many of us, we might just happen to beleive that another player is a better football player than the guy you are promoting.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, that's just not fair. Just because some of us disagree with you on draft strategy or Schreff specifically doesn't mean all we want is splash. For many of us, we might just happen to beleive that another player is a better football player than the guy you are promoting.

Its no more unfair than constantly referring to the prospect as a guard to lessen what his potential value would be. I mean really, how many times have posters said... you simply can NOT draft a guard with the fifth pick. Discounted any notion that he is generally accepted as the best OT or O-lineman in the draft, and fallen back to the old tried and true... you got to get an impact (read as play maker type) player with the fifth pick. That or trade back.

So Im sorry if it has looked for the last two months if some people are more concerned with how good a pick looks on paper than with the actual impact said named player could have for the entire team.

Arbusman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Murphy doesnt develop this year will Gruden be on the hot seat if Murphy doesnt develop?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its no more unfair than constantly referring to the prospect as a guard to lessen what his potential value would be. I mean really, how many times have posters said... you simply can NOT draft a guard with the fifth pick. Discounted any notion that he is generally accepted as the best OT or O-lineman in the draft, and fallen back to the old tried and true... you got to get an impact (read as play maker type) player with the fifth pick. That or trade back.

So Im sorry if it has looked for the last two months if some people are more concerned with how good a pick looks on paper than with the actual impact said named player could have for the entire team.

I haven't referred to him as anything. All I've done is point out areas of concerns that other talent evaluators have expressed. I've also said, numerous times, that if Scot deems him the BPA at 5, I will have no issues with it. My concern isn't about what he is, my concern is about the lost opportunity if one were to reach for ANY player with the 5th pick because of need. Now to be completely forthright, I have questions about him based on reports I have read. He may be the best OL, he may not be. But the question alone for me is enough to dissuade me from using the 5th pick on him. We can't afford to whiff on this pick. My concerns have nothing to do with the position he plays in relation to using the 5th pick on a RT/G.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the rub here is you seem to be convinced that Scherff will be a great player, citing reports such as those you posted as well as his Outland Trophy. I took a quick look at the last 3 OTs who won the Outland Trophy:

Gabe Carimi OT 2010 Outland winner. Considered the best OT in the class he was taken 29th overall by a Bears team in desperate need of OL help. After being switched to RT, then guard (sound familiar?) he was benched, then traded 2 years later for a 6th to Tampa who cut him a year later. This is the PERFECT example of drafting for need.

Barrett Jones OT 2011 Outland winner: Not drafted until the 4th round by the Rams where he has yet to crack the starting lineup

Luke Joeckel OT 2011 Outland winner: Taken 2nd overall by the Jags he is described in this analysis as "a liability rather than an asset through 2 seasons" Luke Joeckel - Jacksonville Jaguars - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

I'm not claiming Sherff is going to bust. I'm just pointing out that many OT, some rated much higher than your boy, failed despite winning the Outland Trophy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the rub here is you seem to be convinced that Scherff will be a great player, citing reports such as those you posted as well as his Outland Trophy. I took a quick look at the last 3 OTs who won the Outland Trophy:

Gabe Carimi OT 2010 Outland winner. Considered the best OT in the class he was taken 29th overall by a Bears team in desperate need of OL help. After being switched to RT, then guard (sound familiar?) he was benched, then traded 2 years later for a 6th to Tampa who cut him a year later. This is the PERFECT example of drafting for need.

Barrett Jones OT 2011 Outland winner: Not drafted until the 4th round by the Rams where he has yet to crack the starting lineup

Luke Joeckel OT 2011 Outland winner: Taken 2nd overall by the Jags he is described in this analysis as "a liability rather than an asset through 2 seasons" Luke Joeckel - Jacksonville Jaguars - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

I'm not claiming Sherff is going to bust. I'm just pointing out that many OT, some rated much higher than your boy, failed despite winning the Outland Trophy.

And IF I took the time, I could site just as many pass rushers that were supposed to be the shit, that turned out to be not quite as advertised in the end. Jordan, and Orakpo come to mind right off the top of my head. Bottom line we will never agree on this because as I have said, I think there is a basic disagreement on the player in question as well as the team need and where those needs should be filled.

I get it, im done with it. Onto the next debate.... Whats it going to cost for us to trade up to take Cardale Jones next year???

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Outland Trophy is, like most other similar awards, ones given out by the media and not by NFL personnel guys or scouts. They are given to those who excel in college and aren't meant as a projection for how they'll do in the pros. For instance, Manziel won the Heisman two years ago. How's he doing? Jackson Jeffcoat won the Ted Hendricks Award last year, which is given to the best college defensive lineman? Where was he drafted? He wasn't. He's now one an UDFA on our team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Outland Trophy is, like most other similar awards, ones given out by the media and not by NFL personnel guys or scouts. They are given to those who excel in college and aren't meant as a projection for how they'll do in the pros. For instance, Manziel won the Heisman two years ago. How's he doing? Jackson Jeffcoat won the Ted Hendricks Award last year, which is given to the best college defensive lineman? Where was he drafted? He wasn't. He's now one an UDFA on our team.

Dude, as i said... done with it. All the reasons for not picking him have been thrown out there. Any reason given for why he is worthy of the pick are discounted or characterized as over exaggerations of his worth because in the end he also fits a need. So whats the point. Either we will pick him or we wont.

Onto Cardale Jones and if we will need to trade up to take him.