• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shark listen to this

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, as i said... done with it. All the reasons for not picking him have been thrown out there. Any reason given for why he is worthy of the pick are discounted or characterized as over exaggerations of his worth because in the end he also fits a need. So whats the point. Either we will pick him or we wont.

Onto Cardale Jones and if we will need to trade up to take him.

Dude, I was responding to DGF. Can we agree that we'll rely on Scot's assessment on this? And if he does go with the 'sexy' pick, he's making the right pick?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to be done with this topic for a few days now but I continued to get dragged in including PMs. No problem, it's a good debate. And obviously bust rates for pass rushers is high too. I'm just pointing out Sherff is not the can't miss pick Shark seems to indicate as he trots out his Outland accomplishments.

But yeah, time to move on. And if for some unexpected reason he is the pick at 5 I will fully support it. I'm all in for SM.

Cardinal Jones? Oh boy, now that's a can of worms. Jamarcus 2.0?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to be done with this topic for a few days now but I continued to get dragged in including PMs. No problem, it's a good debate. And obviously bust rates for pass rushers is high too. I'm just pointing out Sherff is not the can't miss pick Shark seems to indicate as he trots out his Outland accomplishments.

But yeah, time to move on. And if for some unexpected reason he is the pick at 5 I will fully support it. I'm all in for SM.

Cardinal Jones? Oh boy, now that's a can of worms. Jamarcus 2.0?

I will say this about Scherff, and I'm sure Shark will agree: he's one of the safest of the top prospects (if he plays OG) in the draft. I've got no doubt that he'd be a huge improvement and mainstay at our RG spot for years to come.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I was responding to DGF. Can we agree that we'll rely on Scot's assessment on this? And if he does go with the 'sexy' pick, he's making the right pick?

Well if he has made the right pick or not likely wont be determined for a couple of years. But I will say that if we go into the season with Compton and Chester starting, I will start to wonder about our GM's sobriety.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he has made the right pick or not likely wont be determined for a couple of years. But I will say that if we go into the season with Compton and Chester starting, I will start to wonder about our GM's sobriety.

I think a right pick can be assessed right now. I too am puzzled at why anyone thinks we're good at the RG spot. It may have do with the fact that Chester had to cover for that disaster of Polumbus. But I'm giving McCloughan and Callahan the benefit of the doubt right now. I'm not, however, doing that for Gruden. All I can hope that they're seeing we're not and, with Callahan, he can coach up either Chester or Long to meet that need at RG. I also believe we have a need at LG. Not too impressed with Lauvao, but the only saving grace he has is that it was just one season. Maybe he'll improve. But I can see drafting Scherff to replace him as well. I can't tell you how many times I saw supposedly tough guy guards get blown up in the backfield last year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're getting PMs too? :)

NAh, just getting tired of debating a point that most of you dont even want to consider as a possibility because it doesnt fit into your grand scheme of things. Appears most wont be happy unless those of us that actually want Scherff to be the pick, come out and say yes he is garbage. Should not even be considered and the only hope we have is to trade down or take the pass rusher of the week. :)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a right pick can be assessed right now. I too am puzzled at why anyone thinks we're good at the RG spot. It may have do with the fact that Chester had to cover for that disaster of Polumbus. But I'm giving McCloughan and Callahan the benefit of the doubt right now. I'm not, however, doing that for Gruden. All I can hope that they're seeing we're not and, with Callahan, he can coach up either Chester or Long to meet that need at RG. I also believe we have a need at LG. Not too impressed with Lauvao, but the only saving grace he has is that it was just one season. Maybe he'll improve. But I can see drafting Scherff to replace him as well. I can't tell you how many times I saw supposedly tough guy guards get blown up in the backfield last year.

See this makes my point. You insist Scherff is a guard when in fact what Pundits project might be his best fit is far and away from the fact that he actually is a tackle.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NAh, just getting tired of debating a point that most of you dont even want to consider as a possibility because it doesnt fit into your grand scheme of things. Appears most wont be happy unless those of us that actually want Scherff to be the pick, come out and say yes he is garbage. Should not even be considered and the only hope we have is to trade down or take the pass rusher of the week. :)
I also wouldn't be surprised if they took a WR if we stay at 5.

SM has done an excellent job making sure NO one knows Exactly what he's going to do. Good on him.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now you are resorting to strawman arguments. Nobody is asking you to say he's garbage or anything else you have claimed in this post. And for the record I have agreed all along that he will be a solid player.

But we're done talking about this right?

Right? :)

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this makes my point. You insist Scherff is a guard when in fact what Pundits project might be his best fit is far and away from the fact that he actually is a tackle.

Huh? If he is a tackle, most pundits believe he won't be a good one. If he's a guard, he'll be much better according to those pundits. Kind of like Robert Gallery who the Raiders selected at #2 overall years ago. He was supposed to be a tackle but busted at that position. When he moved to guard, he was a pretty good one. The problem is that the Raiders gave up tons in value by selecting him at #2.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? If he is a tackle, most pundits believe he won't be a good one. If he's a guard, he'll be much better according to those pundits. Kind of like Robert Gallery who the Raiders selected at #2 overall years ago. He was supposed to be a tackle but busted at that position. When he moved to guard, he was a pretty good one. The problem is that the Raiders gave up tons in value by selecting him at #2.

Dude, you are stuck on this whole value thing. Or rather what you think you can get as far as value. At the end of the day we probably will trade down. But the pick has value of one player as it stands right now. As for what we might get, until we actually get it who cares?? Really. The worst thing we can do is go into the draft desperate to trade the pick.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are stuck on this whole value thing. Or rather what you think you can get as far as value. At the end of the day we probably will trade down. But the pick has value of one player as it stands right now. As for what we might get, until we actually get it who cares?? Really. The worst thing we can do is go into the draft desperate to trade the pick.

You're correct on being desperate to trade the pick. But you're also the one desperate to use the pick on Scherff. And that's where you lose value, which is a hugely important thing. Do you think the Raiders regretted taking Gallery so high when they could've gotten his production at guard from someone in the third round? Instead, they passed up on Phillip Rivers, Big Ben, and Vince Wilfork. That's what happens when you blow value on a pick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but I just have to laugh at this post. This is why the pros laugh at message board posters. The draft is 100% about maxing value.

Sure it is, But he isnt stuck on maxing value. He is stuck on what the value MIGHT be which are two different things.

Its like saying because one person sold a house for $1 million.. he shouldnt take anything less than that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct on being desperate to trade the pick. But you're also the one desperate to use the pick on Scherff. And that's where you lose value, which is a hugely important thing. Do you think the Raiders regretted taking Gallery so high when they could've gotten his production at guard from someone in the third round? Instead, they passed up on Phillip Rivers, Big Ben, and Vince Wilfork. That's what happens when you blow value on a pick.

IM not desperate to make the pick. I do think he is the best pick we can make at five.

And i think we lose value in trading the pick and taking lesser talents even if we get more of them. But then you already know Im a quality over quantity kind of guy. So that shouldnt surprise you. Do it right the first time and you wont have to keep doing it. We have tried doing it the old, well we can find any fat guy to stick in there in the 7th round and hope for the best. Its time to invest some prime picks into the O-line.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well according to scouts Scherff is the safest player to draft and safest o-linemen in the draft

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what value did the raiders lose out on because i damn sure there wasnt a trade offer on the table ? they picked gallery , rated as one of the best at his position , and the pundits ex GMS were freaking wrong

and this debate isnt over until we say it is . did we quit when the germans bombed pearl harbor ? NOOOOOO

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This debate aint over til the pick is made and three years down the road some one gets to say.. See fukin toldja so. :)

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Gregory compares to Dion Jordan. Tall and lanky. Fowler can play every position at LB. How can you not like that? Teams will try to trade up to get Fowler not Sherff. what does that tell you?