• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shark listen to this

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so where are you getting your opinion on how good Scherff is? Oh yeah, pundits, right? But you're more than happy to cherry pick those pundits over others who tell you that Fowler is the truth. Well, how about nearly all the pundits who believe his real worth is at guard, and the fact that history tell us you never take a guard that high?

i have watched film on scherf , i came to my conclusions by that i have watched the 4 OLBS in question and i have seen the flaws as well as the positives

now you want to go history joe stydahar 1936 draft OG 5th overall 1st draft ever 5th

joe watson 1950 draft og 5thh

1960 7th pick og roger davis 1961 joe retgens 3 overall ended up at og

now you will come back with something about ancient history but history is all of it but again scherf is a LT in college, hardly a stretch to believe he can play RT in the NFL

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have watched film on scherf , i came to my conclusions by that i have watched the 4 OLBS in question and i have seen the flaws as well as the positives

now you want to go history joe stydahar 1936 draft OG 5th overall 1st draft ever 5th

joe watson 1950 draft og 5thh

1960 7th pick og roger davis 1961 joe retgens 3 overall ended up at og

now you will come back with something about ancient history but history is all of it but again scherf is a LT in college, hardly a stretch to believe he can play RT in the NFL

When it comes to draft time, you often get a difference of opinion regarding strengths and weaknesses regarding most players. However, when it comes to Scherff, almost everyone concludes he can't play tackle and that his best position is OG.

And yeah those other prospects are ancient history. Most if not all of them predate the AFL - NFL merger.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to draft time, you often get a difference of opinion regarding strengths and weaknesses regarding most players. However, when it comes to Scherff, almost everyone concludes he can't play tackle and that his best position is OG.

but yet he is the number 1 rated tackle in the draft and the 1st projected offensive lineman to go in the draft most likely top 10

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? If we take Scherff, who's an OG, at five, we are setting a historical precedent.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until the patriots have offered for real something it means nothing

it isnt belittling to tell you i disagree with you

it is what it is

but dont expect me to lie down on my ass and say gee j-y you have your opinion and i must meekly acknowledge it and be forced to accept it . i can present my case

go back and read every response here and tell me how many times i have gotten "i dont understand value , opportunity cost blah blah blah yet you are silent when its done to me but if i say you dont understand well i'm belittling

you want to play fair arbitrator then call it both ways
Cmon Dad, don't play the innocent victim. You know what was belittling about your comment and it had nothing to do with disagreeing with me. Also, I have never said anything about anyone understanding value, etc. You claim that you don't believe anything until someone puts a name it. Then practice it here, don't just preach it. If someone is offending you call them out (as I have taken this directly to you), don't group the rest of us with them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Dad, don't play the innocent victim. You know what was belittling about your comment and it had nothing to do with disagreeing with me. Also, I have never said anything about anyone understanding value, etc. You claim that you don't believe anything until someone puts a name it. Then practice it here, don't just preach it. If someone is offending you call them out (as I have taken this directly to you), don't group the rest of us with them.

no one is offending me here J-y19 . they are coming at me hard which is ok but i am not whining about it . you brought up belittling not me i answered it

i am not a victim in any way shape or form i am just pointing out that you are calling me out for things that have been done to me and yet you give the others a pass on what you say , not me, is belittling

i didnt say you did anything but you inserted yourself into this , not me

and i have practiced it on here my name is on every comment i have made and i have stood by everyone

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is offending me here J-y19 . they are coming at me hard which is ok but i am not whining about it . you brought up belittling not me i answered it

i am not a victim in any way shape or form i am just pointing out that you are calling me out for things that have been done to me and yet you give the others a pass on what you say , not me, is belittling

i didnt say you did anything but you inserted yourself into this , not me

and i have practiced it on here my name is on every comment i have made and i have stood by everyone

I've had some vigorous debates with dad (and shark) and he hasn't complained. No hard feelings, man. :)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had some vigorous debates with dad (and shark) and he hasn't complained. No hard feelings, man. :)

there isnt any hard feelings at all i love you man keep it up :hope::nod:

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there isnt any hard feelings at all i love you man keep it up :hope::nod:

Same here. :) When people type (fast), others reading it may take it a different way than what the poster intended. I haven't been on here for the regular season, and am told there'll be a lot of belittling by fans of other teams here.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been on here for the regular season, and am told there'll be a lot of belittling by fans of other teams here.
Not on the team boards. The Hoop is good about keeping team boards on topic within threads. Might be some activity in the smack talk thread. You'll find the most banter from other team posters on the General NFL board.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on the team boards. The Hoop is good about keeping team boards on topic within threads. Might be some activity in the smack talk thread. You'll find the most banter from other team posters on the General NFL board.

That is good to know. And it's one reason why I'll never attend a Raiders game.