• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sexton on Saban and Texas

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is part of every job in America. You can be a prick if you win though. You win 3 titles in 4 yrs and you can pretty much flip off anyone and they will say thank you very much.

You can add me to that list as well. Not on this thread, but on numerous other threads I have stated there is enough smoke for Bama fans to be worried - but I honestly don't think he will leave Bama.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can add me to that list as well. Not on this thread, but on numerous other threads I have stated there is enough smoke for Bama fans to be worried - but I honestly don't think he will leave Bama.

You're probably right. What I'm hoping for is the desire to continue to coach and be successful. Alabama has had an incredible run, but it won't last forever. They will fall. How far is anybodies guess. Unfortunately that will leave Saban with the feeling of not being successful. He shouldn't feel that way because of what he's done, but we are human beings and it's hard not to. I'm hoping that he won't want to go down that road and jump to where he can still continue to move up. Different situation, but move up none the less. To your point, it's probably wishful thinking. He probably isn't going anywhere.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Tennessee boy, but the timing of this is sure interesting. Texas announces new Ad and this gets leaked immediately

I did hear from a very reliable source associated with our TexasExes chapter that Patterson was brought in b/c he is going to clean house. I think StarBigD even mentioned this as well. It's a very strong possibility Patterson may fire coaches in midseason if they start out terrible (Barnes, Garrido, women's bb coach)......

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did hear from a very reliable source associated with our TexasExes chapter that Patterson was brought in b/c he is going to clean house. I think StarBigD even mentioned this as well. It's a very strong possibility Patterson may fire coaches in midseason if they start out terrible (Barnes, Garrido, women's bb coach)......

I hope your right, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me guess, self portrait?????

dMbpmdT.gif

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
stop that. Not like Texas fans will go and start burning tumble weed in Oklahoma. Austin doesnt have the same pressure as Bama. Takes about 10 minutes in the town to figure that out.

dunno, but I can see the banners flying, already...:noidea:

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas fans think having an AD who will fire coaches in the middle of bad seasons is a good thing then let them go for it. Nothing like a coaching carousel to make things better. /Sarcasm Off/

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I am not sure you even read the thread, if you did I have doubts about your reading comprehension.
You already know I said it is unlikely, but here are some other quotes from Texas fans:

stampede: I think he sticks with Bama until retirement, but it vindicates a lot of Horns fans who got blasted for suggesting it.
Jefe: But I'm not on a cynical day. I just don't see him leaving.
TexasMan: This whole thing is just a ploy by Saban's agent to get a raise from Alabama. And he's doing a good job of it.

That certainly does not support your prior post.
Ok, I'll play:

Me: The Texas fans are talking like their HC job would be good enough to get the best coach to leave an unreal gig to come to their uncertain gig. No surprise there.

You: Not sure where you got that from. I think most Texas fans believe this story is more of a agent's play to get money. Fact that the agent and Texas spoke gives some credibility that Saban to Texas is a possibility. My earlier post handicapped it at around 20%, which I typed was probably a bit high. I love that every post from a TExas fan is immediately taken as Texas fans being arrogant.

OP - CodaX ... that's you - "Only job Saban would consider leaving Bama for is Texas." Have to love Sexton, either way Saban is getting paid

Jefe - Codaxx, I've been wondering, is this the same Jimmy Sexton that played for Texas, in the 90's, and whose father was an all star at Texas way back in the day? If so, that adds a little interest to this story.

Stampede: This was fairly common knowledge but it was never mainstream reported.

I am just glad that ESPN finally put the story out there as opposed to Longhorn fan sites.

I don't think Saban is leaving.

But, Saban has essentially made it clear that he has only 3 choices for the rest of his career:
(ALABAMA, TEXAS, or RETIREMENT)

Olympio: Will someone forward the shirt size, pants size, and suit size of Nick Saban to the following address. University of Texas Athletic Dept, Austin Texas.

CodaX: Austin has a lot more going on than Tuscaloosa. Just is what it is. Texas crowd is known to be a more wine and cheese crowd. There is pressure as there is at any traditional power, but it is not like it is at many SEC schools. I would compare it more to Michigan than Bama.

etc., etc.:

The decision will be Mrs. Saban's. If she wants to live in Austin, they'll be in Austin.

Mrs. Saban was house hunting in Austin, Nick probably knows already if he'd leave or not. We won't find out until UT offers him.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll play:

Me: The Texas fans are talking like their HC job would be good enough to get the best coach to leave an unreal gig to come to their uncertain gig. No surprise there.

You: Not sure where you got that from. I think most Texas fans believe this story is more of a agent's play to get money. Fact that the agent and Texas spoke gives some credibility that Saban to Texas is a possibility. My earlier post handicapped it at around 20%, which I typed was probably a bit high. I love that every post from a TExas fan is immediately taken as Texas fans being arrogant.

OP - CodaX ... that's you - "Only job Saban would consider leaving Bama for is Texas." Have to love Sexton, either way Saban is getting paid------AGENT SAID IT NOT SURE HOW THAT IS ARROGANCE

Jefe - Codaxx, I've been wondering, is this the same Jimmy Sexton that played for Texas, in the 90's, and whose father was an all star at Texas way back in the day? If so, that adds a little interest to this story.
- HE ASKED A QUESTION IF SABAN"S AGENT WAS A FORMER PLAYER.. AGAIN WTF
Stampede: This was fairly common knowledge but it was never mainstream reported.

I am just glad that ESPN finally put the story out there as opposed to Longhorn fan sites.

I don't think Saban is leaving... HMMM SAYS SABAN ISNT COMING. WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

But, Saban has essentially made it clear that he has only 3 choices for the rest of his career:
(ALABAMA, TEXAS, or RETIREMENT)

Olympio: Will someone forward the shirt size, pants size, and suit size of Nick Saban to the following address. University of Texas Athletic Dept, Austin Texas.- OSU FAN AND HARDLY A SERIOUS COMMENT

CodaX: Austin has a lot more going on than Tuscaloosa. Just is what it is. Texas crowd is known to be a more wine and cheese crowd. There is pressure as there is at any traditional power, but it is not like it is at many SEC schools. I would compare it more to Michigan than Bama... SO I SAID AUSTIN HAS MORE EVENTS THAN TUSCALOOSA. THERE IS A NEWS STORY. CALLED TEXAS A WINE AND CHEESE CROWD, SO ARROGANT OF ME.

etc., etc.:

The decision will be Mrs. Saban's. If she wants to live in Austin, they'll be in Austin.- AGAIN HOW IS THAT ARROGANT?

Mrs. Saban was house hunting in Austin, Nick probably knows already if he'd leave or not. We won't find out until UT offers him.
- HMMM. ANOTHER POSTER THAT DOESNT SAY NICK IS LEAVING.

GREAT LIST. THANKS FOR PROVING MY PT.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh, this thread degenerated quickly.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems Saban has responded.

Nick Saban has once again responded to reports about his purported interest in leaving Alabama for Texas.

"Well I don't know where these reports come from," Saban told ESPN's Tom Rinaldi. "I've sort of addressed the situation before. I'm totally committed to the University of Alabama, looking forward to the game we have this week and all my focus has been on LSU and what our team needs to do to play their best."

Raise request approved:lol:

:suds:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh, this thread degenerated quickly.
-
just a side bar. Someone coming in with preconceived notions and posting them without reading. Now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
just a side bar. Someone coming in with preconceived notions and posting them without reading. Now back to our regularly scheduled programing.
I read the entire thread and have followed it from its inception. As I showed, there is ample evidence in this thread that UT fans are delusional enough to think that Saban would leave Bama for Texas. Sure some of you threw out the "I don' think it happens" caveats, but there is plenty there to show that many, albeit not all, think it's a possibility. Tell me another fanbase that is that is that delusional. Seems like my preconceived notions were confirmed in this post as they often are in most other UT posts.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the entire thread and have followed it from its inception. As I showed, there is ample evidence in this thread that UT fans are delusional enough to think that Saban would leave Bama for Texas. Sure some of you threw out the "I don' think it happens" caveats, but there is plenty there to show that many, albeit not all, think it's a possibility. Tell me another fanbase that is that is that delusional. Seems like my preconceived notions were confirmed in this post as they often are in most other UT posts.
-
So you are pissed that Texas fans think there is a small chance Saban would come after Saban's agent said Saban would only consider leaving Bama for Texas? That is is so arrogant and delusional. Imagine the chutzpah of those Texas fans. Saying there is a chance and saying it is probable are 2 different things. Equating delusional to arrogance is just another example of your mind set on this topic. I do find it odd an Auburn fan was upset and not the Bama fans on here.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another thing that burns my a$$.

USA Today released a its yearly database of the salaries of college football coaches Wednesday which revealed that 17 FBS coaches will make at least $3 million in 2013.
Not surprisingly, Alabama’s Nick Saban topped the list at a total 2013 salary of $5,545,852, with Texas’ Mack Brown right behind Saban at $5,453,750. :omg::wtf2:

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another thing that burns my a$$.

USA Today released a its yearly database of the salaries of college football coaches Wednesday which revealed that 17 FBS coaches will make at least $3 million in 2013.
Not surprisingly, Alabama’s Nick Saban topped the list at a total 2013 salary of $5,545,852, with Texas’ Mack Brown right behind Saban at $5,453,750. :omg::wtf2:

Why shouldn't he get a raise after an 8-5 season...

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
So you are pissed that Texas fans think there is a small chance Saban would come after Saban's agent said Saban would only consider leaving Bama for Texas? That is is so arrogant and delusional. Imagine the chutzpah of those Texas fans. Saying there is a chance and saying it is probable are 2 different things. Equating delusional to arrogance is just another example of your mind set on this topic. I do find it odd an Auburn fan was upset and not the Bama fans on here.
I am a Dawg fan, not an Auburn fan. And, I am not pissed, just making an observation ... that's kind of what you do on sports boards.

I noticed you didn't name another fanbase arrogant enough to think that you could lure Saban away from Alabama.

I can see just about any other coach considering it ... but not the best coach in the land who has won 3 of 4, likely looking to threepeat, at what is arguably the top program ever. Sorry, but very few fanbases see their teams the way UT fans do to think their program is so great an opportunity that it would tempt Saban. I am sure you disagree ... that's cool by me.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Dawg fan, not an Auburn fan. And, I am not pissed, just making an observation ... that's kind of what you do on sports boards.

I noticed you didn't name another fanbase arrogant enough to think that you could lure Saban away from Alabama.

I can see just about any other coach considering it ... but not the best coach in the land who has won 3 of 4, likely looking to threepeat, at what is arguably the top program ever. Sorry, but very few fanbases see their teams the way UT fans do to think their program is so great an opportunity that it would tempt Saban. I am sure you disagree ... that's cool by me.

Maybe because SABAN'S AGENT ONLY MENTIONED TEXAS.. This came from Saban's camp, not Texas fans. Not sure why that is so hard for you to understand.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because SABAN'S AGENT ONLY MENTIONED TEXAS.. This came from Saban's camp, not Texas fans. Not sure why that is so hard for you to understand.

Actually it was a Texas person who mentioned this originally and then the records of the emails were received from a request by a reporter who requested it in a freedom of information request from the University of Texas. According to reports that is. And this all happened earlier this year, back in January time frame.

Saban has sent his message today and he is "totally committed to Alabama", according to sources that quoted him when asked about this.