• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sexton on Saban and Texas

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban isn't going anywhere.

Now the Fluker thing gets interesting because the active Tennessee player involved was ruled ineligible by the NCAA. My guess is the NCAA is too gun shy to go after Alabama right now but this will be an interesting story to follow and see what happens especially since Tennessee is involved.

People assume that Auburn is the one that always turns in Alabama to the NCAA but that really isn't the case when it comes to reporting infractions UT is the one that always goes after Bama hard. In fact 90% of the stupid stuff on Alabama like rumors and silly made up pictures are created by Vols or LSU fans. Of course we get blamed so it works out nicely for them.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban isn't going anywhere.

Now the Fluker thing gets interesting because the active Tennessee player involved was ruled ineligible by the NCAA. My guess is the NCAA is too gun shy to go after Alabama right now but this will be an interesting story to follow and see what happens especially since Tennessee is involved.

People assume that Auburn is the one that always turns in Alabama to the NCAA but that really isn't the case when it comes to reporting infractions UT is the one that always goes after Bama hard. In fact 90% of the stupid stuff on Alabama like rumors and silly made up pictures are created by Vols or LSU fans. Of course we get blamed so it works out nicely for them.

Auburn fams are double dog daring the Vols and LSU fans to make the rumors and pictures:lol:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, be careful what you wish for(i.e. Browns Ousting) because if Saban is not on board(and signs point to him not being) then a good coach can be hard to find sometimes, especially with the knowledge of their being inner strife at UT.

Here are some things to consider in this. Saban is going to ask for complete control and by complete, i mean complete. Not one bit of interference from the Administration or the boosters will be tolerated. He will even ask for control over things like the student section in the stadium. He will not put up with any LHN network bullshit and will not have time for that if he continues his regimen he uses at Bama to win. He will ask that his assistants be who he wants and they are paid handsomely.

Something else he wont put up with is Admin strife and Board of Regents strife. He will tell them to walk or he will(and be employed the next day). If this is acceptible to the BoR and Admin at UT and they can out bid Bama then he may come, but I doubt it seriously because some of what needs to happen, wont and we both know that. Thats why UT is having problems currently.

I dotn get this logic. Change is coming. Is it coming this yr? Probably. It is definitely coming in the next 3 yrs regardless, so the argument that you may get a bad coach doesnt make sense to me. Bad coach in 2014 or 2016? Does it matter? Might as well get the process started. I would think chances of Texas finding a good coach is 50%. I see no reason to sit back, because of fear. It is a terrible reason not to act. Lets also realize Texas will finish the last 2 yrs outside of the top 10 in recruiting, which is a major reversal of the previous 5-10 yrs. That is not a good sign for the future of the program

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dotn get this logic. Change is coming. Is it coming this yr? Probably. It is definitely coming in the next 3 yrs regardless, so the argument that you may get a bad coach doesnt make sense to me. Bad coach in 2014 or 2016? Does it matter? Might as well get the process started. I would think chances of Texas finding a good coach is 50%. I see no reason to sit back, because of fear. It is a terrible reason not to act. Lets also realize Texas will finish the last 2 yrs outside of the top 10 in recruiting, which is a major reversal of the previous 5-10 yrs. That is not a good sign for the future of the program

I agree that change is coming, but these theatrics in the media are a big thing that Saban hates with an intense passion and to use a circus atmosphere during one of his most stressful weeks is a sure way to get him to say "fuck you texas". Not to mention he respects Brown and most probably sees that if Texas can disrespect that man in this manner, they will do it to most any coach who is not living up to their expectations, no matter how slight that difference is.

The point of my post was that there are a number of reasons for Saban not to go to Texas and Texas pulling these stunts and the constant hounding while the man is trying to win a title at the school who currently employs him may just turn him completely off to the idea. He is a very control seeking man and this "lack of control" by Texas is not endearing themselves to this man.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty cool how every Bama fan on this board knows Saban personally to where they know exactly where his mindset is.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats laughable is the notion he wouldnt be under a similar type of pressure at UT. In fact his pressure might be tremendously increased due to higher expectations from that fanbase from the start.

At any rate, if he leaves, then the search will begin anew, not like Alabama hasnt been there before and we would be a job that about any coach in the country would jump at if asked. The one thing i find funny is, you dont want Mack because you think he is old and passed his prime and ability, but Saban is only a few months younger. I think if Mack had control like Saban does(and he will ask for complete control if he comes) then he might get you back to the promised land. Just a few thoughts on this.

yep, one false move and the Texas Faithfull would turn on him in a NY second....:laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that said about his age. I have seen Saban do this same charade before, and I don't trust a single thing he says. So anything can happen, but I still think he stays at Bama.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we know what Fat Phil did to Bama.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, one false move and the Texas Faithfull would turn on him in a NY second....:laugh3:

dMbpmdT.gif

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, he is pretty damn good.

I think Mack could be again, if he didnt have as much interference as it appears he might have at UT from the administration. that and I think he might need to find some assistants that are a bit more top of the line. No offense to UT meant in any way.
Is Mack hamstrung at Texas? My assumption was that he had the free reign that Saban enjoys at Bama.

If he doesn't, and Texas does want Saban, they'll have to grant him absolute and unquestioned control of absolutely everything involving Texas football (along with a monstrous paycheck) before he agreed to move.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty cool how every Bama fan on this board knows Saban personally to where they know exactly where his mindset is.

Not one of us has claimed to know his mindset, but we do know his likes during a season, as well should you. If you watched his interview the other night, you would have seen the regret he had for the way Miami went down, this is not news to those who pay attention to Saban, his integrity is important to him and he feels remorse for saying the things he did at Miami. He has made similar comments this year already in the form of he is too old to start over and is happy at Alabama. Seems that if he left now, this could be seen as yet another Miami, which is clearly a regret he has.

What would Texas be getting besides a coach who has won a few titles? They currently have a good measure of control over the football program, which they would lose if Saban came. They have a civil war among their administration and boosters and BoR and this will simply not be something that Saban will endure, he most likely sees what you are doing to Brown as disrespectful and knows that whoever takes over is going to have a bunch of nosey bitches in his way while he is trying to do his job. This too will not be tolerated as he doesnt put up with it at Alabama, he has full control.

As I stated before, Texas needs to go after someone who is younger and has time to build the program the right way, not win now at all costs and replace the incoming coach in a couple to few years due to his age and retirement. If you can find a lack of truth in anything I stated, please tell me.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that said about his age. I have seen Saban do this same charade before, and I don't trust a single thing he says. So anything can happen, but I still think he stays at Bama.

If you watched the interview the other night you heard him say he had regrets about how that went down. He didnt orchestrate a charade, he made a simple mistake in his wording and it came back to haunt him. I love how people can be guilty of this same thing,m but view others in a different light simply because they dont like the person or want to have a reason to not like him. Anyone who has never told a lie, white or blatant, feel free to let me know.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
stop that. Not like Texas fans will go and start burning tumble weed in Oklahoma. Austin doesnt have the same pressure as Bama. Takes about 10 minutes in the town to figure that out.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Mack hamstrung at Texas? My assumption was that he had the free reign that Saban enjoys at Bama.

If he doesn't, and Texas does want Saban, they'll have to grant him absolute and unquestioned control of absolutely everything involving Texas football (along with a monstrous paycheck) before he agreed to move.

I have heard from many the answer is he has way too much interference in his program from admin and boosters. I cannot answer this as being true or not because I simply dont know, just go on the word of some boosters I know at UT who have said things to that effect.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mack isnt hamstrung. AD hugged him after a Texas Tecxh win last yr that was necessary to keep the the "fire Mack" momentum from building. President and AD hugged him after the KSU game. You can not have a more supportive group than Mack has at Texas. The coach will not have that kind of support from teh administration. I am not sure there is a coach in the country that has more support than Mack.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will someone forward the shirt size, pants size, and suit size of Nick Saban to the following address. University of Texas Athletic Dept, Austin Texas.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
stop that. Not like Texas fans will go and start burning tumble weed in Oklahoma. Austin doesnt have the same pressure as Bama. Takes about 10 minutes in the town to figure that out.

Of course you know this from the coaching aspect...right?

I seem to remember someone saying that Alabama fans knew the mind of Saban, then we get this comment which shows that UT fans know the Pressures felt at both schools by the HC.