• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seems most unlikely but...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Jason Garrett would not rule out Lee from Sunday’s game against the Giants, but that’s more because of how he deals with injuries than a significant improvement by Lee. Garrett acknowledged that Ernie Sims would play inside linebacker in Lee’s absence.

“He had a productive weekend,” Garrett said of Lee. “When everyone else was on a bye, he was working hard to get himself back. He was in good spirits today. We will see how he does as the week goes on.”

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeVonte Holloman will be huge going forward IF this thing turns on defense. I think he woulda won the sam spot by now if he hadn't hurt his neck. Holloman and Wilcox!!

Really would be nice if Carter could pull his head out and become the player he should be

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little worried about Hollomon playing a whole game because of his inexperience and the possibility of a few missed assignments that could cost us, but I love him in spots where he can have things simplified for him and use his ability. Wouldn't be surprised to see a sack from him this week. I had high hopes for him this year too. Hopefully the time off won't set him back as far as learning the defense goes. Agree on Carter even though I wasn't as high on him as some at this point. I would have thrown him into the middle with the Lee injury to try to jump start him like last year. He has shown how good he can be in flashes and just needs to be consistent and use his athletic ability and react more than think. This is a big week all around. Heath is off the field and Hathcer is back. If we could just get Webb off the field and Ware healthy I think we can get an indicator on how we can be until Lee comes back in a couple of weeks. Hopefully Hatcher can strengthen the run D up front and our LBs and S's can take better angles than I saw last week. Then all we have to worry about is coverage!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we'll see a more engaged Bruce Carter now that Sean Lee is out of the lineup. There is no other way to say it then this: Carter has been a disappointment this season. The Cowboys did not need him to be Derrick Brooks in this defense, but they needed him to be productive. He had two sacks in the first two games. He had a pass deflection and a quarterback pressure. He has just two pressures and a pass deflection in the last eight games. He has one tackle for loss. The weak-side linebacker spot is designed to be the playmaker in this defense. When the Cowboys lost Lee last year to a toe injury, Carter stepped up his game before an elbow injury KO'd him for the year. The Cowboys need that Carter and not the Carter that ended the New Orleans game. We can pick on just about everybody on defense from that game, but Carter was ready for that game to end sooner than it did.

Carter clearly packed it in before the end of the last game. Sometimes the game comes easy for these guys all the way through and then a wall at this level with no clue how to deal with adversity. Sure hope that isn't Carter. He has been a huge disappointment to date for me.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this was interesting....

Will Allen was a member of the Dallas Cowboys for all of five games, but the veteran safety thinks he knows why the team is not more successful.
"It was a very micromanaged atmosphere," Allen told Sirius XM NFL Radio on Tuesday night. "Everything was heightened. Everything was very tight. I didn't feel the relationship and the bonding between players and coaches. Maybe just the players. Or maybe just a few coaches and a few players.

"I think that's the rift that you get, and everybody wonders why Dallas can't finish, why Dallas isn't completing everything it needs to. The players are great. The players are tremendous. The coaches are some of the best in the business. You just need a cohesion there that allows players and coaches to really execute and do their jobs and it's not something hanging over their heads, that if they mess up you're going to get cut or you're not going to play or not going to do this. That's not fun for anybody."

Allen started the 5-5 Cowboys' first two games before he was replaced by rookie J.J. Wilcox. He didn't play in their third game but subbed in their fourth and fifth. He was released on Oct. 8 and has since rejoined the Pittsburgh Steelers. He had nine tackles in four games in Dallas to go with an interception and three passes defensed.

"I'm not sure what role it played in them releasing me, but they didn't feel like I, as if I, fit in their scheme or their organization," Allen said. "It's probably true. I have a lot of respect for the coaches there. I have a lot of respect even for Jerry Jones, but obviously it didn't fit. I wasn't the player they thought I would be or that I am."

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was interesting. Allen has been in the league 10 or so years, so he has been around the block. Maybe he has a point

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have a point. He could also be making excuses for why he was benched and then cut. The old it's not me, it's them. Sometimes those that dont listen and mess up all the time feel the most micromanaged. I really can't decide which way I think on this one.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its more to it than that. Its like some of these guys having been playing on egg shells all yr whether it be Carter, Mo, Wilcox, Church. They are gonna make mistakes. They are still young. Carter came out and said he had no idea why he was benched. How does this happen.??? I think its a disconnect in the lockeroom especially on the defensive side. I think the CBs have questioned the scheme all year. Im not saying its Kiffen or Marinelli but maybe the position coaches. As far as the offense goes, I ve been saying it for 2 weeks- I think we have slightly overrated Dez and he cant beat double coverage. This combined with Romo not at his sharpest have created problems. I think asking TWill to go out and win his matchup every week has been a little much on him. Its obvious Romo is throwing to the right guy because TWill seems to be getting the majority of targets. He just isnt open. Which brings in the shining knight- Miles Austin. By far the best route runner on the team, and possibly the fastest is back. Cant wait. Too bad the wind thing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think guys being on eggshells a little can be a good thing. I think if Simms outplays Carter he should play over him. Isn't it a little hypocritical to hear that the coaches are micromanaging so much AND a player doesnt know why he was benched? One of the two seems to be untrue.

As far as the offense goes, with a healthy Murray and decemt protection we have no excuses. There is a receiver open on almost every play in the NFL. The QBs need to find them and the receivers need to catch the ball and make plays. If we can run the ball this week we will be able to score and maybe even if we cant run the ball. I'm not expecting that we will be able to stop the Giants any more than they will us, so we will need to put up about 30 IMO.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the wind blowing like its suppose to it should help the defenses some anyway. I look for Murray to get plenty of carries.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its more to it than that. Its like some of these guys having been playing on egg shells all yr whether it be Carter, Mo, Wilcox, Church. They are gonna make mistakes. They are still young. Carter came out and said he had no idea why he was benched. How does this happen.??? I think its a disconnect in the lockeroom especially on the defensive side. I think the CBs have questioned the scheme all year. Im not saying its Kiffen or Marinelli but maybe the position coaches. As far as the offense goes, I ve been saying it for 2 weeks- I think we have slightly overrated Dez and he cant beat double coverage. This combined with Romo not at his sharpest have created problems. I think asking TWill to go out and win his matchup every week has been a little much on him. Its obvious Romo is throwing to the right guy because TWill seems to be getting the majority of targets. He just isnt open. Which brings in the shining knight- Miles Austin. By far the best route runner on the team, and possibly the fastest is back. Cant wait. Too bad the wind thing.

I agree with most of this except the Williams part. I like the kid but he doesnt seem to get much seperation if he gets bumped within 5 yards. Im sure he will get much better though.