• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SUA Cravens

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riggo's Rag Play Video Washington Redskins reportedly shopping safety Su’a Cravens by Ian Cummings31 minutes ago Follow @ian_cummings_9 TWEET SHARE COMMENT The Washington Redskins’ relationship with estranged safety Su’a Cravens was already rumored to be tense. Now we have confirmation that the team is trying to receive compensation for the third-year pro. One week ago, Su’a Cravens was promptly reinstated into the NFL after submitting an application to return. Although he’s ready to suit up in pads again, he’ll likely do so for another team. Per Charean Williams of Pro Football Talk, the Washington Redskins are asking around to see who might be interested in the former second-round pick. Williams says that “Washington is shopping safety Su’a Cravens, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports” and that the move “is not surprising, given how Cravens left the team last season”. For Cravens, it was never as simple as coming back. When he turned his back on the team just before the start of the 2017 season, the team’s trust in him was damaged. The prospect of his return to the roster created a moral hazard of sorts; if Cravens could return without consequence, after leaving so suddenly, then the accountability of the team would be put into question. Want your voice heard? Join the Riggo's Rag team! With Cravens now undoubtedly due to head out the door, the question now becomes whether or not the Washington Redskins can receive adequate compensation for him. It’s never ideal to jettison a once-promising second-round pick just two one full year into his development, but his potential alone should garner at least some interest on the open market. Cravens’ recent reinstatement will also have a positive impact on his trade value. By requesting to be reinstated, Cravens reaffirmed his commitment and desire to continue playing professional football; this was bound to be the primary concern for any trade suitors. That concern does not evaporate with his reinstatement, as he had commitment issues even before his NFL career. But it may be enough for the Washington Redskins to find a deal. NEXT: The legal ramifications of franchise tagging Kirk Cousins Trade ideas will continue to float in the weeks leading up to the official start of the new league year, and in that time, the Washington Redskins could very well find a team willing to pay for Cravens’ services. For now, however, a deal is far from a guarantee. Stay with us here at Riggo’s Rag, as we’ll continue to provide updates on the situation. Sponsored Stories If You Were Born Between 1953 & 1979 And Have No Life Insurance You Must Read This If You Were Born Between 1953 & 1979 And Have No Life Insurance You Must Read This Comparisons.org Nebraska: Born Before 1985? Government Will Pay $355/Month Off Your Mortgage (You Must Claim It) Nebraska: Born Before 1985? Government Will Pay $355/Month Off Your Mortgage (You Must Claim It) ImproveMortgage.com Found After 73 Years Hidden Underground. But When They Look Inside Found After 73 Years Hidden Underground. But When They Look Inside Direct Expose Locate anyone (this is addicting) Enter a name Locate anyone (this is addicting) Enter a name TruthFinder by Load Comments FanSided FanSided Washington Redskins: The legal ramifications of tagging Kirk Cousins by Desmond Lee Justin Thomas Beats Luke List in 1-Hole Playoff to Win Honda Classic 2018 by Rob Goldberg Assessing Washington Redskins first-round options: DT Vita Vea by Ian Cummings Fandom 250 All NFL Fantasy Football NFL Draft NFL Spin Zone NFL Playoffs Our Sites Apps Daily Email Deals Sports Illustrated About/Contact FacebookTwitterGoogle PlusInstagramYoutubeiOS AppAndroid App Your Washington Redskins. Your Inbox. Your Email Address... Your privacy is safe with us.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes delete this I copied and paste and it came out like that i don't know why lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its ok , , good we are shopping sewer cravens . with allen we will get luke mccown for sewer craven and FM and have d hall start at cb

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we can trade Cravens to Pittsburgh for Bryant.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who has wondered....

If SMGM had not been fired, this Cravens thing might not have become an issue??

Im just saying.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who has wondered....

If SMGM had not been fired, this Cravens thing might not have become an issue??

Im just saying.
Because he drafted him? Not sure what you are saying. Injury not withstanding, Cravens inconsistent behavior seems to have derailed him, no?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he drafted him? Not sure what you are saying. Injury not withstanding, Cravens inconsistent behavior seems to have derailed him, no?

Scot was better at dealing with players and people in general than Bruce and Dan. I just get the feeling Scot would not have been blind sided by a retirement announcement two days after final roster cuts.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scot was better at dealing with players and people in general than Bruce and Dan. I just get the feeling Scot would not have been blind sided by a retirement announcement two days after final roster cuts.

You can blame Scot for Cravens being mentally unstable. No way this guys mind is right. Especially for an NFL safety. I hope we trade him ASAP.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we can trade Cravens to Pittsburgh for Bryant.
You must mean Anita Bryant. Cause there is no way that Pitt is giving us their Bryant for Cravens. No one is that stupid. Not even Bruce Allen. OK, that might be stretching it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can blame Scot for Cravens being mentally unstable. No way this guys mind is right. Especially for an NFL safety. I hope we trade him ASAP.

NAh.. I blame the guy who was ultimately in charge for having no clue this was coming. The same guy who reemed Scot out for actually talking to the player in question to try and determine what was going on. Good managers talk to their people and try to head off issues like this before it cost them an employee.

Bad managers figure.. well Im paying him, so I dont care what is going on outside the job, he should suck it up or leave.

Now which type of manager do you think is currently in charge in Ashburnistan??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NAh.. I blame the guy who was ultimately in charge for having no clue this was coming. The same guy who reemed Scot out for actually talking to the player in question to try and determine what was going on. Good managers talk to their people and try to head off issues like this before it cost them an employee.

Bad managers figure.. well Im paying him, so I dont care what is going on outside the job, he should suck it up or leave.

Now which type of manager do you think is currently in charge in Ashburnistan??

Just having the mindset at his age to sit out the year b/c he is coming off a concussion is not Allens fault. cmon now. Shark you want to blame Allen for everything. This is getting crazy. He sat out the year 100% healthy, that shows no commitment to our team. He wants to leave fine. Why just demand a trade last season? It would have been granted for whatever reason. Sit out a year is inexcusable. Its a total FU to his teammates and to this organization. Then he put out the bullshit that he was thinking about retirement.

Who do you really think we can get for him? Is a 3rd rounder to rich? If we can get the 3rd rounder back from losing Fuller I would be happy. As of right now the starting safeties are Nicholson and Swearinger. Another reason why the FSU safety James is a top target of mine at pick #13.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just having the mindset at his age to sit out the year b/c he is coming off a concussion is not Allens fault. cmon now. Shark you want to blame Allen for everything. This is getting crazy. He sat out the year 100% healthy, that shows no commitment to our team. He wants to leave fine. Why just demand a trade last season? It would have been granted for whatever reason. Sit out a year is inexcusable. Its a total FU to his teammates and to this organization. Then he put out the bullshit that he was thinking about retirement.

Who do you really think we can get for him? Is a 3rd rounder to rich? If we can get the 3rd rounder back from losing Fuller I would be happy. As of right now the starting safeties are Nicholson and Swearinger. Another reason why the FSU safety James is a top target of mine at pick #13.

1. He stepped away because he had the head injury lingering as well as issues in his personal life from all reports. Again a good manager does periodic checks with his team to try and head stuff like this off.

2. It was the teams decision to put him on the reserve left team list. Yes it came after he made the announcement... but see comment #1. As in Bruce should have known something was up well before it got to that.

3. When did he ever demand a trade?? And even if he did, again this goes back to poor management when a second year player wants out badly enough that he is willing to retire rather than play for this team.

4. We wont get anything of worth for a player that doesnt want to be here and we apparently dont want to keep. a Conditional 7th maybe.

5. the problem with our defense isnt safety, its an in ability to stop the run or get to the QB... another safety aint going to help that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. He stepped away because he had the head injury lingering as well as issues in his personal life from all reports. Again a good manager does periodic checks with his team to try and head stuff like this off.

2. It was the teams decision to put him on the reserve left team list. Yes it came after he made the announcement... but see comment #1. As in Bruce should have known something was up well before it got to that.

3. When did he ever demand a trade?? And even if he did, again this goes back to poor management when a second year player wants out badly enough that he is willing to retire rather than play for this team.

4. We wont get anything of worth for a player that doesnt want to be here and we apparently dont want to keep. a Conditional 7th maybe.

5. the problem with our defense isnt safety, its an in ability to stop the run or get to the QB... another safety aint going to help that.

1. I heard he was 100% healthy at the start of the season.

2. It wasn't the team decision. He wanted to sit out to think about retirement.

3. I never said he demanded a trade I said HE SHOULD HAVE demanded a trade if he wanted out of here. not sit out a year

4. I figure we get something b/c of his age and he is 100% healthy. Plus cheap contract. That is worth more than a 7th

5. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggest hole on the defense. The defense line is getting blamed but its not taking to account for the injuries of Taylor, Allen. Mcclain and Ionman for a few games. If all those guys stay healthy for 16 games the dline is an non issue. Not saying tis great but it would have been avg.

The only reason I would want VEA is b/c he is a true nose that would help us out tremendously. Adding VEA would make the dline a strength. But if we don't we are definitely not the worst in the league.

If Brown signs back the Skins have to be looking at VEA or James at #13. Assuming Nelson is gone. Do you agree?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I like the pick of James at 13, I'm curious to know why you favor him over Ronnie Harrison out of Alabama? I just want to see if you view them both as I do. Thanks!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like the pick of James at 13, I'm curious to know why you favor him over Ronnie Harrison out of Alabama? I just want to see if you view them both as I do. Thanks!

James has way more upside. Great size and athleticism. He could also play CB and dime LB which is huge in todays game. If he runs well at the combine he might be gone by #13. He can do more than Harrison that is why he will be picked over Harrison

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James has way more upside. Great size and athleticism. He could also play CB and dime LB which is huge in todays game. If he runs well at the combine he might be gone by #13. He can do more than Harrison that is why he will be picked over Harrison

OK, we agree, I did notice while reading about them...that each had some questions about their coverage abilities deep in the secondary. Any concerns there?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, we agree, I did notice while reading about them...that each had some questions about their coverage abilities deep in the secondary. Any concerns there?

b/c they are not true FS's. Just like Searinger which skinsdad disagrees he is not a true FS. Nichlson is the only true FS on this team right now and he has great size to also play SS. For Shark to say S is not a need is just crazy. Cant have Hall back and Everett did not impress at all last year. He is just a backup special teamer.

So James, Swearinger, Nichlsoon, and Evertt would be nice. It upgrades the position and S no longer becomes a need for the next 3 years.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I heard he was 100% healthy at the start of the season.

2. It wasn't the team decision. He wanted to sit out to think about retirement.

3. I never said he demanded a trade I said HE SHOULD HAVE demanded a trade if he wanted out of here. not sit out a year

4. I figure we get something b/c of his age and he is 100% healthy. Plus cheap contract. That is worth more than a 7th

5. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggest hole on the defense. The defense line is getting blamed but its not taking to account for the injuries of Taylor, Allen. Mcclain and Ionman for a few games. If all those guys stay healthy for 16 games the dline is an non issue. Not saying tis great but it would have been avg.

The only reason I would want VEA is b/c he is a true nose that would help us out tremendously. Adding VEA would make the dline a strength. But if we don't we are definitely not the worst in the league.

If Brown signs back the Skins have to be looking at VEA or James at #13. Assuming Nelson is gone. Do you agree?

1. I never agree with you because you tend to agree with Bruce.

2. I think we get nothing for Cravens above a 6th rounder because, we have already made it known we wont keep him and we are the only team willing to give prime resources for a player the team doesnt really want around any way.