• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SUA Cravens

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c they are not true FS's. Just like Searinger which skinsdad disagrees he is not a true FS. Nichlson is the only true FS on this team right now and he has great size to also play SS. For Shark to say S is not a need is just crazy. Cant have Hall back and Everett did not impress at all last year. He is just a backup special teamer.

So James, Swearinger, Nichlsoon, and Evertt would be nice. It upgrades the position and S no longer becomes a need for the next 3 years.

Smart teams build their defense from the line back. It doesnt matter how good your safety is if you cant stop the run or pressure the QB. The McBoys are backups, Hood should be a backup/rotation guy. For the past seven or more years we have struggled to stop the run and pressure the QB...

But you think the most pressing need is a safety??

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would at least bring him to camp but it be during the draft if someone bites probably the pats 6-7 rd pick

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart teams build their defense from the line back. It doesnt matter how good your safety is if you cant stop the run or pressure the QB. The McBoys are backups, Hood should be a backup/rotation guy. For the past seven or more years we have struggled to stop the run and pressure the QB...

Uh-oh, looks like the beginning of a BPA vs. Need debate.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say keep him for a year and build his value back. Then get rid of him before he retires...AGAIN

Agreed, if this team at minimum doesn't attempt to put this guy on sound NFL footing, it's a wasted pick!:D

What they do after that can only benefit them in terms of trade.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh-oh, looks like the beginning of a BPA vs. Need debate.

MAybe.. but I happen to think the BPAs at 13 will also fill a need more so than a safety.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. They should - as most project - draft one of the top DTs. Along w/ a healthy Allen this should put them in pretty good shape in stopping the run. I hope that this happens & the D is relatively effective - we will see.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I never agree with you because you tend to agree with Bruce.

2. I think we get nothing for Cravens above a 6th rounder because, we have already made it known we wont keep him and we are the only team willing to give prime resources for a player the team doesnt really want around any way.

Did the Chefs want Peters around? No.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course, we got torched last year on the back end. I already explained why the dline would be better b/c of health next year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. They should - as most project - draft one of the top DTs. Along w/ a healthy Allen this should put them in pretty good shape in stopping the run. I hope that this happens & the D is relatively effective - we will see.

Which DT? There is a huge difference from Vea vs Payne or Hurst IMO. Chad Reuters updated mock draft had Payne as a 2nd round pick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Chefs want Peters around? No.

So wait, now you are comparing a CB with 19 INTs over three years, to a safety that didnt even play last year??

The Rams gave up a 4th this year and a second next year for Peters.....

NO way in hell we get even CLOSE to that for Cravens.

Contrary to what you think, Bruce is not even in the same universe as Andy Reid when it comes to getting something for a player you no longer want.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, we got torched last year on the back end. I already explained why the dline would be better b/c of health next year.

We got torched because we couldnt stop the run or get to the QB.

But I expect Bruce to go for the DB or WR in the first round because much like you his son, Bruce does not actually value the trenches.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would think if you build a stout line your cbs and safetys would benefit more .. IMO i think to build 3-4 defense you build the front seven first we are not good at the front seven yet so why draft James .

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I expect Bruce to go for the DB or WR in the first round because much like you his son, Bruce does not actually value the trenches.
slow done its Doug williams and the scouts that do player personal its the new structure after scott mac left so basically doug williams is in scott mac spot

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you think bruce is the scott mac guy

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait, now you are comparing a CB with 19 INTs over three years, to a safety that didnt even play last year??

The Rams gave up a 4th this year and a second next year for Peters.....

NO way in hell we get even CLOSE to that for Cravens.

Contrary to what you think, Bruce is not even in the same universe as Andy Reid when it comes to getting something for a player you no longer want.

I didn't say get the same compensation. You said 7th round pick. Cravens is worth more than a 7th round pick.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's laughable. Lets see what happened in FA first but safety will be addressed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say get the same compensation. You said 7th round pick. Cravens is worth more than a 7th round pick.

Dean.. the problem is, you always seem to over estimate what we can get for some one in trade. And I constantly tell you

THINK

Would YOU give up a 3rd for him, or a 4th. Or are you just desperately hoping the Skins will luck into a good deal. Because nothing Bruce has show as far as trades or drafts shows he has the lobes for business.

(yes that was a Star trek Universe reference, which some here are not old enough to comprehend)

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean.. the problem is, you always seem to over estimate what we can get for some one in trade. And I constantly tell you

THINK

Would YOU give up a 3rd for him, or a 4th. Or are you just desperately hoping the Skins will luck into a good deal. Because nothing Bruce has show as far as trades or drafts shows he has the lobes for business.

(yes that was a Star trek Universe reference, which some here are not old enough to comprehend)

Sure the Trent Murphy trade was awful. which I predicted by the way. Yes I believe a team would take a shot at Cravens b/c of his age and cheap contract. Some other team had to have him high on there board at draft time. Cravens doenst become crap b/c he sat out a year. He is still a great athlete. The Chiefs who have multiple 3rd and 4th round picks would take a shot. Or any team with multiple 3rd or 4th round picks would take a shot.

He is definitely getting traded we will see what happens. His age and contract are the best things going for him.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bruce drafted kirk, Allen and other players you like shark damn dude lol