• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

See Game of Thrones for the First Time Again: Through My Eyes

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed his arc as well. I will have to pay closer attention to him next time I bing the show from the start.

See. Now THIS is a show worth multiple viewings. While I like the Arrow-verse, it is most certainly NOT worthy of multiple viewings.

Yep. I'm about to embark on my multiple viewing binge. Never gets old and always see something that screams out "Aha!!!"

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh, see. This is why I'm doing this thread. Stuff like this that I most certainly missed... Cool.

Very easy to miss the first time through the series. There are so many characters and he's such a minor character in King's Landing during the first 2 seasons and then didn't appear at all in Season 3.

I began watching during season 3 and between seasons 3 and 4 I had re-watched a few times and read the books. So by the time we got to Season 4 when he came back with a slightly bigger role at the Wall, I was a bit more familiar with him.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is getting interesting...

Cersei is such a douche. Nice to see it backfire on her. I'd say she's in a bigger pickle than Margaery at this point based on the severity of the crimes, but am not a student of those gods, so...

Jorah and Tyrion finally made it to Mereen. Daenarys doesn't seem too happy to see them... LOL!!! Wondering if/what Daario's ulterior motives are, or if he's just a horn-dog giving honest advice to Daenarys?

Bad way to lose your cherry, Sansa... Sorry. I hope that when Ramsay gets his that he is flayed and we get to watch...

Feel bad for Stannis. Come all this way only to be told now, "Oh, by the way... We can win this if you sacrifice your daughter.". That might have been nice to know earlier Mel...

And I'm such an immoral freakazoid that there is NO way if I'm Jon Snow that I don't let Melisandre go for a ride... LOL!!! Guess that's what they keep saying that makes Verys the ultimate player. He can't be distracted in that fashion... :D

And going back a few episodes... Brienne is such a loser... LOL!!! Baelish kinda pwned her. Yeah, I guess I wouldn't want her sworn to defend me either based on the current status of the last two people she was sworn to protect (Neither her fault, but a salient point nonetheless...).

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I'm reading your thoughts on Season 5, I'm thinking that I really need to give the last 2 seasons a re-watch. I loved the first 4 and watched them each multiple times. I enjoyed both seasons 5 and 6 but not to the extent of the first 4, and have never re-watched them in their entirety. I should probably do that before season 7. Even if they weren't as good as the first 4, there was still some good stuff in there and stuff that is probably good to know going forward.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I'm reading your thoughts on Season 5, I'm thinking that I really need to give the last 2 seasons a re-watch. I loved the first 4 and watched them each multiple times. I enjoyed both seasons 5 and 6 but not to the extent of the first 4, and have never re-watched them in their entirety. I should probably do that before season 7. Even if they weren't as good as the first 4, there was still some good stuff in there and stuff that is probably good to know going forward.

I'm about to kick off my "rewatch". Finally broke down and bought the BluRay sets - mainly for my grandson and his wife who are into Season 5 now. But - my other grandson hasn't immersed himself yet and is about to graduate from high school and keeps hearing his brother and I talk like a couple of girls non-stop about it and he's finally starting to get interested. So I'll be handing off Season 1 next week to him. By July, I may be having watching parties here with them.

Family nights with Game of Thrones... who knew?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I am truly appreciating how many simultaneous arcs this show maintains and how they are able to incorporate and advance a lot of them within a single episode... Walking Dead could truly take a lesson from these writers IMO...

That said, at this point, its the Arya arc that is boring me a bit... I get that she is sort of "Bad Ass in Training" as a Faceless Man, and I guess it is kind of cool that they are going into as much detail as they are about who these folks actually are, but still... With so much else going on, I don't care right now... Lana the Oyster Merchant... Okay.

Man, the White Walkers are no joke, eh? Hardhome go bye bye? Shouldn't be too tough to convince the remaining Wildlings to join up at this point...

Tyrion advising Daenarys seems to have become a reality... I so happy! I still wonder whether Tyrion can come back at some point and illegitimize the wedding of Ramsay and Sansa, or is the marriage null and void because they never consummated it? Feel bad still for Jorah. Tyrion kinda threw him under the bus and kinda saved his life all at the same time, but I guess that is the reason he is a valuable advisor. Can't rule Westeros with Jorah at your side lady, sorry... Guess he isn't well liked back home?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the White Walkers are no joke, eh? Hardhome go bye bye?

game-of-lulz-5-5.jpg

:D

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, be patient on Arya.

Season 5 was easily her worst season! Even with the change from the books to bring back fan favorite Jaquen H'Gar it was still boring. It just wasn't the same at all as when the two first teamed up in Harrenhal in Season 2.

Season 6 was at least a bit more interesting for Arya despite some silliness.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 5 was easily her worst season! Even with the change from the books to bring back fan favorite Jaquen H'Gar it was still boring. It just wasn't the same at all as when the two first teamed up in Harrenhal in Season 2.

Season 6 was at least a bit more interesting for Arya despite some silliness.

Sure, but the 'pie-off' was worth it.

See what I did there?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learning I need to comment after each episode... I watched Season 5, Episodes 9 and 10 both last night...

Bit of a roller-coaster... Too much to process now.. LOL!!!

After 9 I was going to say that Stannis was now un-redeemable. Well THAT was taken care of I guess. Brienne get some measure of pride back I suppose... Guess it will be interesting to see how far Theon and Sansa get. I assume they landed safely in the snow after jumping from the walls. Would be pretty stupid otherwise...

LOVED Arya taking out Trant... Too bad the faceless men weren't kosher with that. But yes, that arc got better in a hurry...

Odd to me that the Watch let the Wildlings through the gate before doing what they did to Jon Snow... And do they now cancel all alliances with the Wildlings? Seems to me they're really in a pickle at this point. They really do not get what's coming I suppose.

I almost... ALMOST felt bad for Cersei, but no. At the very least she deserved what she got, and now things are going to get ugly I imagine. It's okay, because I'm not a fan of the High Sparrow either, want the Mountain to go "Vlad the Impaler" on Lancel and sense a really cool death scene coming up as Cersei kept promising the old bag with the water ladles that her face would be the last thing she'd see when she died... Guessing that "prophecy" gets fulfilled... Plus, got tired of her old crone voice going, "SHAME...... SHAME.... SHAME...." over and over again. She deserves a messy death for that.

And Daenarys... Nice exit from the arena there! So am I to assume the Dothraki don't like her anymore? And I'm confused with the whole Grayscale thing... If touching is all that was needed for him to be infected, how has he not infected about 82 people by now, including Daenarys?

Anyway, Season 5 in the books... One more and then I'm on the sidelines waiting with the rest of you!!! :D

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm confused with the whole Grayscale thing... If touching is all that was needed for him to be infected, how has he not infected about 82 people by now, including Daenarys?

Infection is passed by touching the greyscale-infected part of the skin, not by general touch. It also only applies to active infections.

See, there are two forms of the disease: childhood greyscale and adult greyscale. Childhood greyscale can, on rare occasion, be arrested, as happened with Shireen, in which case it is no longer active though it leaves permanent scars. Adult greyscale is invariably lethal and always active. (This is not unrealistic: there are various real-life diseases, such as chicken pox, which have much worse effects on adults than children.) If the childhood form is arrested, it is no longer contagious, which is why people can be around Shireen without needing to be worried about catching the disease.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost... ALMOST felt bad for Cersei, but no. At the very least she deserved what she got, and now things are going to get ugly I imagine. It's okay, because I'm not a fan of the High Sparrow either, want the Mountain to go "Vlad the Impaler" on Lancel and sense a really cool death scene coming up as Cersei kept promising the old bag with the water ladles that her face would be the last thing she'd see when she died... Guessing that "prophecy" gets fulfilled... Plus, got tired of her old crone voice going, "SHAME...... SHAME.... SHAME...." over and over again. She deserves a messy death for that.

Hannah Waddington is a mighty fine looking woman when not in her GoT costume. Shame, shame!

hannah-waddingham-st-james-theatre-promo.jpg

0.jpg

Hannah-Waddingham.jpg

whenyourealisewhoplaysseptaunella_a4ba36b98648309215a0c50c2e2c8c00.jpg

The last 10 seconds of the following ad we finally get rewarded:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hannah Waddington is a mighty fine looking woman when not in her GoT costume. Shame, shame!

hannah-waddingham-st-james-theatre-promo.jpg

0.jpg

Hannah-Waddingham.jpg

whenyourealisewhoplaysseptaunella_a4ba36b98648309215a0c50c2e2c8c00.jpg

The last 10 seconds of the following ad we finally get rewarded:

How was I to know?

This is the kind of thing that pains me honestly. It reminds me how many HOT HOT HOT Muslim women are probably hidden underneath burkas. LOL!!!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah as mentioned as long as he doesn't touch anyone with the infected part he is good.

When the stonemen jumped into the boat with Jorah and Tyrion the infection had spread through their whole body, so any contact whatsoever with those guys would not be good. Jorah is still in his right mind and so far the infection isn't too bad so as long as he keeps it covered he's not too much of a threat to others yet.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 6, Episode 1: Glad Brienne made it back... Guess Sansa can use all the help she can get now... This is where I hate that they name the episodes. While downloading future episodes I see that 6 - 3 is entitled "Oathbreaker"... Now I remember the episode a few seasons ago called "Oathkeeper" which referred to Brienne, her oath and naming her sword this... My brain is now running wild trying to guess how she breaks her oath or why she would do so... Of course it may be a play on words, so...

Melisandre needs to keep the necklace ON please...

Hoping blind Arya somehow can use the force and beat that waif to within an inch of her life at some point.

The arc that is no longer interesting to me is Dorne... Don't care. The crazy biatch is in charge now and wants war with the Lannisters. While probably significant, just wake me up when they are on the way to King's Landing... Kinda knew when Ellaria kissed Myrcella that she had poisoned her... That was the second time that I saw one coming from a mile away.. :D

It also occurred to me how geeked I was a few seasons back at the prospect of Daenarys getting to Westeros and cracking some skulls. I'm now beginning to think it may never happen. They are certainly dragging all this out... Hoping there is some significance to her being abducted by the Dothraki... Otherwise its kind of just a subplot taking up space...

Of course like Varys and Tyrion trying to pick up the pieces in Mereen... Then the harbor blows up... Oh well..

It occurs to me we haven't seen nor heard much from the Greyjoys for awhile. Thought Theon's sister might have a bigger role to play coming up...

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 6, Episode 1: Glad Brienne made it back... Guess Sansa can use all the help she can get now... This is where I hate that they name the episodes. While downloading future episodes I see that 6 - 3 is entitled "Oathbreaker"... Now I remember the episode a few seasons ago called "Oathkeeper" which referred to Brienne, her oath and naming her sword this... My brain is now running wild trying to guess how she breaks her oath or why she would do so... Of course it may be a play on words, so...

Melisandre needs to keep the necklace ON please...

Hoping blind Arya somehow can use the force and beat that waif to within an inch of her life at some point.

The arc that is no longer interesting to me is Dorne... Don't care. The crazy biatch is in charge now and wants war with the Lannisters. While probably significant, just wake me up when they are on the way to King's Landing... Kinda knew when Ellaria kissed Myrcella that she had poisoned her... That was the second time that I saw one coming from a mile away.. :D

It also occurred to me how geeked I was a few seasons back at the prospect of Daenarys getting to Westeros and cracking some skulls. I'm now beginning to think it may never happen. They are certainly dragging all this out... Hoping there is some significance to her being abducted by the Dothraki... Otherwise its kind of just a subplot taking up space...

Of course like Varys and Tyrion trying to pick up the pieces in Mereen... Then the harbor blows up... Oh well..

It occurs to me we haven't seen nor heard much from the Greyjoys for awhile. Thought Theon's sister might have a bigger role to play coming up...

A lot of the titles have multiple meanings and often don't really give much away, but instead have people speculating what it could be about. Although "The Mountain and the Viper" was pretty clear, but I digress. There are several characters that have taken an oath of some sort, not just Brienne.

You're not alone in hating the Dorne storyline. It is just terrible. I didn't mind Oberyn's girlfriend in Season 4 when she was just there to support his character, but once that character was promoted to relevant status she's just been awful. I don't blame the actress at all, just the writing. The whole Dorne storyline is a huge change from the books that seemed like they only did to continue the Jaime/Bronn bromance (another change from the books) but then they really painted themselves into a corner where the rest of the Dorne characters either suck or are never really given a chance to shine. Oberyn had more charisma than the rest of Dorne combined.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're not alone in hating the Dorne storyline. It is just terrible. I didn't mind Oberyn's girlfriend in Season 4 when she was just there to support his character, but once that character was promoted to relevant status she's just been awful. I don't blame the actress at all, just the writing. The whole Dorne storyline is a huge change from the books that seemed like they only did to continue the Jaime/Bronn bromance (another change from the books) but then they really painted themselves into a corner where the rest of the Dorne characters either suck or are never really given a chance to shine. Oberyn had more charisma than the rest of Dorne combined.

I really like all three parts of the Dorne storyline in the books (I think those were some of the best parts of A Dance with Dragons) -- Young Griff's invasion of Westeros, Quentyn's quest in Essos, and the Doran/Arianne conspiracies -- so the TV show cutting all three parts out (and eliminating both Griff characters and Quentyn entirely, so that they don't even exist in the TV continuity) and instead substituting this idiotic rescue-Myrcella / Sand-coup storyline is just incredibly disappointing to me.

In the books, Doran Martell is a patient mastermind/chessmaster approaching Littlefinger levels in how he's been planning across multiple continents for decades and is aware of and five steps ahead of every conspiracy in Dorne. On the TV show, he gets ambushed and dispatched by Ellaria in two minutes? In the books, Areo Hotah is a legendary fighter and always on guard and mindful of his surroundings. On the TV show, he goes down without resistance from being surprised by a single stab with a tiny blade? WTF, TV writers? On top of everything else, it's a complete waste of Alexander Siddig, who's a tremendous dramatic actor.

They had so much amazing, complex source material for Dorne, and instead we get get this drek... it's such a colossal waste. Basically, because they cut out the book Dorne storyline, they had to fill out season 6 with moronic filler (don't worry, OP, I'm being careful so that nothing significant is spoiled here) like the 10-minute scene of Missandei and Grey Worm telling jokes, extended play reenactments in Braavos, and the whole ep about a throwaway character and punishing Riverlands outlaws with little or no relevance to the overarching plot.

Last edited:

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit... Forgot about Jaime losing his hand and that whole thing. Yes, learning his backstory makes him a bit more redeemable. Interested to see how that all works out and how he adjusts...

Also, as predicted, my wife HATES this show... She thinks I watch it as some sort of soft ****... LOL!!! Keep trying to tell her that she just keeps walking in at the wrong times, but whatever... Not gonna win there.

I lost my wife on it. She happened to be rocking our infant to sleep during a certain scene in the season 2 premiere and couldn't get over it. I thought if I got her to Ygritte we would be golden but it wasn't meant to be.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be tough here as I went out of town and watched 4 episodes with a buddy of mine so to comment on all of it won't be too easy...

The Brann arc has gotten more interesting for sure. It is/was slow, but a lot of information being given to digest... Hodor... :(

Daenarys is back to full-on badass status again it seems. Hoping she takes the Dothraki and retakes Yunkai and Astapoor and shows no mercy this time around. Have a feeling that it is coming as she has seemingly learned that it is impossible to make everyone happy and like her, so time for, "Get with the program or die" I'd imagine...

In related news, was sorry to see that punk come in and take the crown from Yara. I like Yara and hope she eventually wins out, but for now... FLEE!!! Euron's plan is pretty bold... Oh sure, head on over and impregnate Daenarys and take over the world... No problem!

I get "Oathbreaker" now and was glad that had nothing to do with Brienne... Baelish and Sansa go back and forth with who is using who... Now I guess Sansa has to go back to him and say, "Yeah, on second thought. Maybe that army WOULD be helpful..."...

Finally saw the famous line... "That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.". Yes, I will buy the T-Shirt. Have a bad feeling that Red Priestess is gonna screw everything up. Either that, or the fact that Tyrion cut a deal to let slavery be phased out over 7 years probably won't jive with Daenarys' plan that likely will include running roughshod over the slaver coast again I would think. Either that or maybe she's ready to just say, "Eff it" and head to Westeros now?

And the development of Arya into a badass continues... There is NO way this doesn't pay off at some point. It already kinda did when she offed the dude in the brothel, but... It's GOT to get better!

Oh, and Ramsay. Yeah well... Kinda figured he wasn't going to stand for a true heir to come into this world. And Osha had been gone for so long that I didn't much care that she bought the farm. Honestly don't care if Rickon does either, but I guess Sansa does so...