• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

See Game of Thrones for the First Time Again: Through My Eyes

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Joffery died, I was like "Yes! Take that you slimy little shithead!"

Then I realized that loved to hate him so much that I actually missed him!
That's what this show does so well. You like the villains so much, you actually hate it when they get their comeuppance...

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of my favorite characters on this show are the villains. Joffrey and Ramsay are very entertaining villains in my opinion. Tywin too but in a different sort of way. Viserys was also great for the short time he was on the show.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now at Season 4 Episode 6 I believe?

Jaimie is creeping up my list as someone way back predicted that he might... Thought he was going to champion Tyrion... But cool, that Prince Oberyn is going to... Be interesting to see. Most shows I'd assume Oberyn will best the Mountain, but this show hasn't really gone with the "Happy" story line up to this point, so I'm prepared... Tyrion is now at the apex as my favorite character. Daenarys is getting a bit trifling with her "Save the World" shit... LOL!!! But still a fan.

Interesting that Jorah is the "spy" filtering info back to the Lannisters, but it was suggested that his loyalties are with Daenarys now I guess? That was a little confusing. But I'm guessing now that Jorah is going to potentially get a little pissy after seeing Daario sneaking away...

Stannis seems like he's going to come back at King's Landing with a vengeance. Honestly would imagine that at some point, the Lannister's are going to lose King's Landing as there seems to be a bit too much opposition to survive against... Of course, I guess at some point when winter is in full effect, the White Walkers will get past the wall and start effing everyone's day up?

First pretty predictable thing I saw coming... Knew Baelish was going to toss Lysa out the moon door. Wondering if part of his plan with the killing of Joffrey was for Tyrion to take the blame, freeing up Sansa for him to marry? Hmmm...

Arya and The Hound are still my favorite duo going. I like how the show really expresses how being nice and practical juxtapose VERY often in this world. Hated The Hound stealing the silver from the farmer, but in a practical sense he is correct. Arya hates him for it, but you can see her coming around as well... Great line from The Hound, "How many more Starks have to lose their heads before you see?"... He's right, but you just don't want him to be...

Brienne and Podrick wandering aimlessly out in to the wilderness to find Sansa... I wonder if Jaimie just wanted Brienne to get away from the city at this point.

All the shit with Jon Snow... Not sure what my problem is, but while I understand the obvious necessity of this, it is the least interesting to me... Guess the royal politics and the vying for the Iron Throne is more interesting to me than "monsters" at this point... Alliser is a douche nozzle of course, and I'll guess that not blocking the tunnel as Jon suggested ends up having dire consequences..

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Jorah is the "spy" filtering info back to the Lannisters, but it was suggested that his loyalties are with Daenarys now I guess? That was a little confusing. But I'm guessing now that Jorah is going to potentially get a little pissy after seeing Daario sneaking away...

You probably overlooked it, but it was mentioned from the beginning, back in Season 1, that he was a spy. He joined Daenerys in the first place to spy on her in return for a royal pardon from King's Landing. But after he got to know her, he changed his mind, fell in love with her, and started serving her for real, which is why he saved her from the wineseller sent to poison her in season 1 episode 7.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably overlooked it, but it was mentioned from the beginning, back in Season 1, that he was a spy. He joined Daenerys in the first place to spy on her in return for a royal pardon from King's Landing. But after he got to know her, he changed his mind, fell in love with her, and started serving her for real, which is why he saved her from the wineseller sent to poison her in season 1 episode 7.

Ah, thanks... Yeah, I missed it.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now at Season 4 Episode 6 I believe?

Jaimie is creeping up my list as someone way back predicted that he might... Thought he was going to champion Tyrion... But cool, that Prince Oberyn is going to... Be interesting to see. Most shows I'd assume Oberyn will best the Mountain, but this show hasn't really gone with the "Happy" story line up to this point, so I'm prepared... Tyrion is now at the apex as my favorite character. Daenarys is getting a bit trifling with her "Save the World" shit... LOL!!! But still a fan.

Stannis seems like he's going to come back at King's Landing with a vengeance. Honestly would imagine that at some point, the Lannister's are going to lose King's Landing as there seems to be a bit too much opposition to survive against... Of course, I guess at some point when winter is in full effect, the White Walkers will get past the wall and start effing everyone's day up?

First pretty predictable thing I saw coming... Knew Baelish was going to toss Lysa out the moon door. Wondering if part of his plan with the killing of Joffrey was for Tyrion to take the blame, freeing up Sansa for him to marry? Hmmm...

Arya and The Hound are still my favorite duo going. I like how the show really expresses how being nice and practical juxtapose VERY often in this world. Hated The Hound stealing the silver from the farmer, but in a practical sense he is correct. Arya hates him for it, but you can see her coming around as well... Great line from The Hound, "How many more Starks have to lose their heads before you see?"... He's right, but you just don't want him to be...

Brienne and Podrick wandering aimlessly out in to the wilderness to find Sansa... I wonder if Jaimie just wanted Brienne to get away from the city at this point.

All the shit with Jon Snow... Not sure what my problem is, but while I understand the obvious necessity of this, it is the least interesting to me... Guess the royal politics and the vying for the Iron Throne is more interesting to me than "monsters" at this point... Alliser is a douche nozzle of course, and I'll guess that not blocking the tunnel as Jon suggested ends up having dire consequences..

All I can say is the big buildup with Jon Snow and the happenings at The Wall pay off in a big way eventually.

I also love The Hound. He's awesome.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I wouldn't worry about the show tapering off in the later seasons. They were different and a lot of people who were book enthusiasts didn't like them as much, but the last 2 books were meandering and the show had to find a way to push through the plot and keep the hits coming. I think they did a great job and really enjoyed the latest 2 seasons. You get a lot of big payoffs that you've been waiting for.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I wouldn't worry about the show tapering off in the later seasons. They were different and a lot of people who were book enthusiasts didn't like them as much, but the last 2 books were meandering and the show had to find a way to push through the plot and keep the hits coming. I think they did a great job and really enjoyed the latest 2 seasons. You get a lot of big payoffs that you've been waiting for.

Well said about "A Feast for Crows" and "A Dance with Dragons". "Crows" introduced so many characters and a time line which was so "confused" that it took a second reading for me to wrap my head around where it was going. Which made "Dragons" a little less confusing. I just went with the hunch that "The Winds of Winter" would start pulling it all together. Kind of where Season 6 went.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so... Way to go Oberyn, you dumb ass...

Anyway, I remember the last time I was like, "Well he's one of the main guys, they wouldn't.... WHOAH SHIT!!! There just went Ned's head!!!", so I don't know what to think with Tyrion... I'll be bummed if they off him...

The rest of this episode (Season 4 Episode 8) seemed to be really showing how some characters have developed...

Arya moves up a notch in my rankings, just because my reaction would have been the same. Upon arriving at the Vale and hearing of her Aunt Lysa's death, she bursts out laughing... Wanted to laugh with her and did a little bit.. I have that same kind of knack for finding humor in consistent bad luck...

Ygritte still has a soft spot apparently as she spared Gilly's life... Wonder if the White Walkers come barreling through before Rader attacks and wipes out the Wildlings that are still North of the Wall? Might even the odds a bit, eh?

Feel bad for Jorah... Wonder if this is all a set up by Tywin to install Barristan Selmy as Daenarys' principle adviser maybe? Maybe since he learned that Jorah was no longer loyal to him, he sent Selmy after his blow up with Joffrey? Would make sense...

And Sansa... Interesting... Hoping she doesn't become a total bitch, but saving Baelish threw me a bit... I get the logic of "The Devil that you Know", but how bad could those other folks have been? The after show suggested that this is Sansa realizing that she has power over Baelish, which is an angle I didn't really catch, but guess I'll see how that develops...

Annnnnnnd Ramsay. Well-played. Get them to surrender and then flay them all... Then he gets promoted to being a full Bolton!!! What could possibly go wrong? :D

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out goes Joffrey, in comes Ramsey!

Always a douchebag ready to step in and fill the void on GoT.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so finished season 4 last night... The battle at the Wall was pretty intense. The circular nature of the whole incident with Ygritte hit home. If Jon hadn't put a bow in the kid's hand, but the kid did come from one of the villages that Ygritte helped raid and she killed her fair share, so kind of a sad justice I suppose...

Surprised to see Stannis come barreling in when he did. That's a game changer up around those parts... I like Mance Rayder. I hope they don't axe him... Bran got where he was going, but not sure if I'm liking this getting TOO magical and LOTR on us here... The politics of it all have been enough to sustain me. Not sure a little girl shooting fireballs and an old man sitting in the roots of a tree are going to move the needle for me here... So Bran will never walk again, but will fly? That oughta be interesting... Guess I'll see what that means later.

Okay, the first "death" I teared up about a little... The Hound? Okay, from the way they left it and the way that summaries of the episode say he was "critically wounded" lead me to believe that he isn't going to die just yet, but that bugged me... The dynamic duo of Arya and The Hound broken up... Was really hoping he and Brienne would stop fighting before it got out of hand, but oh well... Was really thinking Sandor should have heard what Brienne had to say, but in thinking on it, it is consistent with his philosophy up to this point that he wouldn't trust her, so okay... So is Arya sailing away to become a bad ass assassin? That has a lot of potential... LOL!!!

Meanwhile... Dayummmmm.... Tyrion took down one of the key dickheads... Nice! That one was satisfying giving it to daddy whilst he sitteth on the pot... Not sure if I was Tywin I could do Shae knowing my son had tapped that, but shit, he's a Lannister, right? If Jaimie and Cersei can go at it, that seems like a minor offense... Interesting that Varys was part of Tyrion's escape... Figured he would be in King's Landing for the long haul... So now we have the dynamic of Tommen ruling with Cersei's guidance, I'm sure... And Cersei and Jaime are free to go at it because he can't marry anyway. And now Cersei definitely doesn't have to marry Loras... She made THAT clear. Last question is whether Cersei still let's/has Margaery marry Tommen....

And WTH are the doing with The Mountain? They making him into Radioactive Man or something?

And then stuff is starting to get out of hand with the dragons and Daenarys... Why she chains up the two "good" ones while the one that is flame-broiling little children is still on the prowl, I don't know? I thought Drogon was the "bad" dragon, but I guess they all are... Honestly wondering if she's ever going to get to King's Landing now... Seems very bogged down trying to rule the slaver cities...

Oh well... On to Season 5 !!!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Rankings after season 4... 1 = hate, 10 = awesome, 5 = whatever.

Jon Snow = 7 - Still okay... Alright, as to the question of who his mother is? Melisandre kind of gave him a "look" through the fire... Nuh uh... Can't be, right?

Tyrion = 9 - Stays at 9...

Cersei = 2 - Still at 2... Defying Tywin was a positive. Trying to have Tyrion killed was a negative.

Tywin = 4 - Final Grade 3... He was out of control.

Joffrey = 1 - Final Grade 1... Just wish he would have choked for about 10 minutes longer.

Jaime = 6 - Up 1 point for helping out Tyrion... Was hoping he'd get away from Cersei though.

Margaery = 6 - Down 1... Still hot, but Tommen? Pedo's just don't turn me on..

Daenarys = 8 - Down 2... Her "act" is getting a bit tiring... Daario? I mean I guess everyone has needs, but... And then I don't like how things ended with Jorah. Didn't even sleep on it... She's learning that every action she deems "good" has a negative consequence on somebody which is a good thing... Still think Barristan Selmy is the real traitor here at some point

Baelish = 2 - Unchanged... He seems to be over-acting at this point. I don't remember him talking like such a Simon Bar Sinister like he does now... Almost a caricature of a villain at this point... Plus I like Sansa too... Get away from her!! Was fine with killing Lysa though. She was a triflin' tw*t...

Stannis = 5 - Up 1... Saved the Night's Watch, so that helps.

Jorah = 9 - Still like the guy. He just got caught on some past transgressions. Hope he re-enters the story on the good side at some point.

Sansa = 7 - No longer as naive. Wonder where we're going with this one.

Melisandre = 4 - Up 1. Someone who bares it all this often deserves it.

Ygritte = 6 - Down 1 - Final grade 5... She said she understood Jon Snow's allegiance, but yet she didn't and just kept prancing around the countryside sticking arrows in innocent people...

Bran = 5 - Stays at 5... I still don't care... LOL!!!

Arya = 8 - Up 1 ... She's getting nastier, but like I said earlier. Laughing when she hears of Lysa's death when they arrive at the Eyrie? That was classic.

The Hound = 7 - Up 2.... Final Grade? I don't know. They don't show him die, so I'm skeptical as to whether he's gone yet. Just really started to get and like this character.

Theon = 3 - Still a 3... I feel sorry for "Reek", but...

Varys = 7 - We'll keep him at 7...

Samwell = 6 - Up 1 - He's a bit whiney, but getting over it. If he had stayed down with the girl in the basement during the battle he'd be a 4...

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bran got where he was going, but not sure if I'm liking this getting TOO magical and LOTR on us here... The politics of it all have been enough to sustain me. Not sure a little girl shooting fireballs and an old man sitting in the roots of a tree are going to move the needle for me here... So Bran will never walk again, but will fly? That oughta be interesting... Guess I'll see what that means later.

Those were my exact thoughts when I got to this part. Book or show, I always thought Bran's story line was one of the least interesting and that part you mentioned along with the CGI skeletons really made it feel like a different show. Bran is not in Season 5 but comes back in Season 6. I found his story line in Season 6 quite a bit more interesting. Hopefully you do too once you get there.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 5 Episode 1... Damnit Stannis!!! Guess Rayder was a bit of a hard head. I get it, but the offer from Stannis seemed sufficient enough for Rayder to present it to his people... Wonder if Jon Snow is going to get away with ending the "show" a bit early...

Other than that? Varys is up a point or two just for SUGGESTING what would be my GoT wet dream!!! Tyrion teamed up with and advising Daenarys... Oh please please please let that happen!!!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm....

Snow executing the bald wuss that hid out in the basement during the battle at the Wall? Good.

Sansa marrying Ramsay? Bad.

Jorah nabbing Tyrion? Bad.

Margaery marginalizing Cersei? Good (Though I don't expect that to last...)

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snow executing the bald wuss that hid out in the basement during the battle at the Wall? Good.

There's some poetic justice having a bastard execute Janos Slynt. He was the guy that killed the baby bastard in the brothel in King's Landing in season 2. He also betrayed Ned Stark which led to Ned's execution. Don't think Jon knew either of those facts but those 2 acts are why Tyrion sent him to the Wall.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's some poetic justice having a bastard execute Janos Slynt. He was the guy that killed the baby bastard in the brothel in King's Landing in season 2. He also betrayed Ned Stark which led to Ned's execution. Don't think Jon knew either of those facts but those 2 acts are why Tyrion sent him to the Wall.

Ahhhh, see. This is why I'm doing this thread. Stuff like this that I most certainly missed... Cool.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh, see. This is why I'm doing this thread. Stuff like this that I most certainly missed... Cool.
I missed his arc as well. I will have to pay closer attention to him next time I bing the show from the start.

See. Now THIS is a show worth multiple viewings. While I like the Arrow-verse, it is most certainly NOT worthy of multiple viewings.