• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol are you serious? McCain's a bitch politically.

Oh yee haw I'm a fuckin maverick who shoots his mouth off about disagreeing with everything and then goes and votes for those bills anyway. REAL MAVERICK SHIT THERE bud.

He also unleashed Sarah Palin on the world and likely was taking bribes in the 80s. McCain can fuck himself.

I don't really care about the "maverick" label, but McCain has gone against his party in voting and statements many times. I don't always agree with him (actually, I usually don't agree with him), but I respect him. Jstew's post above is a good example. Some of McCain's criticism of Trump has been spot on. He supported tax increases on cigarettes during the Clinton administration when his party did not. He's done a lot of good work on campaign finance reform. I think as he's gotten older he's been less inclined to go against his party, or maybe he just agrees with them more often, but if we had 500 John McCain types on Capitol Hill I think we'd have a much better governed country.

Palin was an unfortunate choice. She was also a desperation play to save his campaign. McCain spent the summer of 2008 getting his ass handed to him by Obama. He was going to lose. Likely badly. So his team convinced him Palin, who appealed to working class voters in frankly the same way Trump did (by agreeing with and encouraging stupid), was the right choice to jump start it. And it did. But his team had not properly vetted Palin. For several weeks afterwards, McCain moved into the lead in national polls and the electoral college looked really tight for the first time in months. And then Palin opened her mouth, and a month after her selection, he was right back where he was a month before it. The play didn't work.

I disagree that McCain is a bitch. And he's served his country for a long time, so a tip of that hat to him.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palin was an unfortunate choice. She was also a desperation play to save his campaign. McCain spent the summer of 2008 getting his ass handed to him by Obama. He was going to lose. Likely badly. So his team convinced him Palin, who appealed to working class voters in frankly the same way Trump did (by agreeing with and encouraging stupid), was the right choice to jump start it. And it did. But his team had not properly vetted Palin. For several weeks afterwards, McCain moved into the lead in national polls and the electoral college looked really tight for the first time in months. And then Palin opened her mouth, and a month after her selection, he was right back where he was a month before it. The play didn't work.

I disagree that McCain is a bitch. And he's served his country for a long time, so a tip of that hat to him.

He saw that there was that element in the republican party and thought he could bring them into the fold with Palin ... but i think he quickly realized that he wasnt a piece of shit human and couldnt go down that road 100% ... trump could

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care about the "maverick" label, but McCain has gone against his party in voting and statements many times. I don't always agree with him (actually, I usually don't agree with him), but I respect him. Jstew's post above is a good example. Some of McCain's criticism of Trump has been spot on. He supported tax increases on cigarettes during the Clinton administration when his party did not. He's done a lot of good work on campaign finance reform. I think as he's gotten older he's been less inclined to go against his party, or maybe he just agrees with them more often, but if we had 500 John McCain types on Capitol Hill I think we'd have a much better governed country.

I struggle to think of a major piece of Republican legislation he didn't vote for (Bush tax cuts don't count because he later voted to extend them), or a major piece of Democratic legislation he voted for since the start of the W Admin. Just one.

He spoke out a lot the past few weeks about the healthcare bill and not being thrilled about its effects on Medicaid. Do you really think he wasn’t going to vote for it?

He speaks tough then tows the party lines. By definition, he isn't carrying out adminstratively what he speaks about in public. In my book, that's a textbook little bitch move.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump wouldn't actually fire Mueller, would he?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot to unpack in that Trump NYT interview but I've been chuckling for a while on this one.

TRUMP: So, I was seated next to the wife of Prime Minister Abe [Shinzo Abe of Japan], who I think is a terrific guy, and she’s a terrific woman, but doesn’t speak English.

HABERMAN: Like, nothing, right? Like zero?

TRUMP: Like, not “hello.”

HABERMAN: That must make for an awkward seating.

TRUMP: Well, it’s hard, because you know, you’re sitting there for——

HABERMAN: Hours.

Here's the first lady of Japan giving an entire speech in English.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Rather's facebook post this morning:

We’re now six months into the Trump Presidency…and what do we have? Especially in light of the stunning new New York Times interview with Mr. Trump?

A reasonable analysis is: What we have is the weakest, most chaotic, toxic and confusing first six months of any U.S. Presidency in history. Only Abraham Lincoln got off to a worst start, with the country virulently divided over slavery and the Civil War looming. Fair to note that Lincoln went on to become one of the greatest Presidents ever, but the challenges Lincoln faced were epochal, not the self-inflicted implosion we are currently witnessing. Lincoln's successor Andrew Johnson had a rough start too. But Johnson was not an elected President; he ascended to the office upon the assassination of President Lincoln and the Civil War.

No elected President—none—has had such a tumultuous, scandal-threatened, and downright mind-boggling start, with such low public approval, as has this one. And this has happened while the President’s party controlled both Houses of Congress, now likely the Supreme Court, a majority of governorships and state legislatures—and the FBI.
It is not bias or political partisanship to conclude this. It is fact, historical and otherwise. It is those who deny this that are the ones blinded by partisanship.

With this fact—and in no small part because of it—comes a companion conclusion: that this is dangerous time. Very. No one should underestimate the potential peril. Not just for the Trump Presidency but also and more importantly for the country. Our people are troubled and divided. Friends and allies abroad are worried (as in, “what the hell has happened to America?) Enemies and competitors smell vulnerability.

In his NYT interview, Mr. Trump blasted his own appointed Attorney General, former Senator Jeff Sessions, and, in effect and not for the first time, threatened Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating possible crimes involving Trump family members and associates and Russia. Mr Trump specifically demanded that Mueller avoid looking into the President’s tax returns and financial dealings. In other words, “don’t follow the money,” in regards to possible Russian dealings or anything else. Thus, raising anew the question, “what is he hiding?”

So, six months in, and on and on it goes. Where it ends no one knows.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump wouldn't actually fire Mueller, would he?

You would have to be a dunce of epic proportions to even consider it.

So, pretty good bet he will.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Rather's facebook post this morning:

We’re now six months into the Trump Presidency…and what do we have? Especially in light of the stunning new New York Times interview with Mr. Trump?

A reasonable analysis is: What we have is the weakest, most chaotic, toxic and confusing first six months of any U.S. Presidency in history. Only Abraham Lincoln got off to a worst start, with the country virulently divided over slavery and the Civil War looming. Fair to note that Lincoln went on to become one of the greatest Presidents ever, but the challenges Lincoln faced were epochal, not the self-inflicted implosion we are currently witnessing. Lincoln's successor Andrew Johnson had a rough start too. But Johnson was not an elected President; he ascended to the office upon the assassination of President Lincoln and the Civil War.

No elected President—none—has had such a tumultuous, scandal-threatened, and downright mind-boggling start, with such low public approval, as has this one. And this has happened while the President’s party controlled both Houses of Congress, now likely the Supreme Court, a majority of governorships and state legislatures—and the FBI.
It is not bias or political partisanship to conclude this. It is fact, historical and otherwise. It is those who deny this that are the ones blinded by partisanship.

With this fact—and in no small part because of it—comes a companion conclusion: that this is dangerous time. Very. No one should underestimate the potential peril. Not just for the Trump Presidency but also and more importantly for the country. Our people are troubled and divided. Friends and allies abroad are worried (as in, “what the hell has happened to America?) Enemies and competitors smell vulnerability.

In his NYT interview, Mr. Trump blasted his own appointed Attorney General, former Senator Jeff Sessions, and, in effect and not for the first time, threatened Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating possible crimes involving Trump family members and associates and Russia. Mr Trump specifically demanded that Mueller avoid looking into the President’s tax returns and financial dealings. In other words, “don’t follow the money,” in regards to possible Russian dealings or anything else. Thus, raising anew the question, “what is he hiding?”

So, six months in, and on and on it goes. Where it ends no one knows.

Dan Rather is a liberal snowflake that is part of the fake news conspiracy to bring down this county. Did I do that comeback right? :noidea:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needed more cuck references, my friend.
Dammit....Dan "cuck" Rather is just a liberal snowflake...

Seriously though that is the only comeback he will get because any person with any grain of intelligence knows he is correct....oh wait....nevermind then that excludes the Presidents support base.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smart money is on OJ being paroled today:

Yes (-300)
No (+200)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needed more cuck references, my friend.

Also, nowhere near enough spelling errors or capital letters.

It's okay, being a doofus takes a lot of work.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one should underestimate the potential peril. Not just for the Trump Presidency but also and more importantly for the country. Our people are troubled and divided. Friends and allies abroad are worried (as in, “what the hell has happened to America?) Enemies and competitors smell vulnerability.
Can we get past this already? I don’t necessarily disagree with anything else he says but this idea that Trump is somehow going to cause global catastrophe…it isn’t helping things. It makes him and people who repeat this sound like the crazies on the right who thought Obama was going to overthrow the gubbermint and install a Sharia council to run shit. Who’s he gonna piss off? America’s rivals? Obama just spent five years doing that and the worst they did was hack some fucking emails lol.

The only really dangerous thing he’s done was pull out of the climate agreement and you know what? It was indeed a shitty deal for America! He isn’t out there threatening to nuke people on the daily. His own party’s senators are telling the media the man doesn’t instill political fear in them or their colleagues. At this point if he goes into the situation room at the White House a bell likely rings so an actual adult can run over and do the actual commanding-in-chief.

Criticize the White House for its actual shortcomings. Quit with the hyperbole. It doesn’t serve any productive purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.