• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tammys has hot cakes ... err ... takes

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Korean defence ministry spokesman Moon Sang-gyun called North Korea's statement a "provocative announcement" and told a regular news briefing that Pyongyang would face stronger sanctions if it were to launch an ICBM

I don't get it - what possible sanctions do we have left to levy on them that we haven't and why on fucking earth haven't we?

Like, how did it get to the point where a nation ran by a lunatic not only developed sophisticated nuclear weapons but is well on the road toward creating a delivery system capable of holding the world hostage Austin Powers style?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Korean defence ministry spokesman Moon Sang-gyun called North Korea's statement a "provocative announcement" and told a regular news briefing that Pyongyang would face stronger sanctions if it were to launch an ICBM

I don't get it - what possible sanctions do we have left to levy on them that we haven't and why on fucking earth haven't we?

Like, how did it get to the point where a nation ran by a lunatic not only developed sophisticated nuclear weapons but is well on the road toward creating a delivery system capable of holding the world hostage Austin Powers style?

Wait until they test it on Kerplakistan, that's when the shit really starts to get real.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto creating first indigenous business district | Metro Toronto

Maybe I'm missing something but usually ethnic neighbourhoods form organically, by people who have immigrated from those countries try to stick together. Nobody said to the Italians when they arrived "Here, paisan, this part of College Street is for you".

How would they even go about this? Ban non-Aboriginal people from opening businesses in the area?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good shot of a young Anthony Perkins in the background.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good shot of a young Anthony Perkins in the background.

Harness good, block bad

JgWTm8.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if RR was still with us if he would say "Don't build that wall" to The Donald...
If RR was still with us he would say "Nancy, please tell President Eisenhower that I'll be late for my weekly Commies-in-Hollywood report! I need to run out for more Brylcreem.". I imagine he would then shart himself.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto creating first indigenous business district | Metro Toronto

Maybe I'm missing something but usually ethnic neighbourhoods form organically, by people who have immigrated from those countries try to stick together. Nobody said to the Italians when they arrived "Here, paisan, this part of College Street is for you".

How would they even go about this? Ban non-Aboriginal people from opening businesses in the area?
Here we call them reservations. :noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they do here too :noidea: :think: from the article

"They’ve been here the longest but you’ll not find an Aboriginal BIA that’s not tied to a land treaty or a reserve"

... i dont know how it is in Ontario ... I vaguely remember Grade 12 Cdn History telling me aboriginal rights to land in everywhere but BC were "extinguished" ... therefore, not sure why in Toronto, where natives have no legal "title" to the land this is even being considered ... maybe John Tory has been speaking to Gregor :L

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right?

I mean, shit, I'll gladly take a square mile of land in downtown Toronto on the gov'ts dime. I just don't quite understand the idea here other than taking an idea that is god-awful and implementing it in an environment that promotes inclusiveness rather than exclusion and isolation.

they do here too :noidea: :think: from the article

"They’ve been here the longest but you’ll not find an Aboriginal BIA that’s not tied to a land treaty or a reserve"

... i dont know how it is in Ontario ... I vaguely remember Grade 12 Cdn History telling me aboriginal rights to land in everywhere but BC were "extinguished" ... therefore, not sure why in Toronto, where natives have no legal "title" to the land this is even being considered ... maybe John Tory has been speaking to Gregor :L
It also appears she is unaware of what it is a BIA actually does. One thing it doesn't do is ensure that businesses in the BIA are strictly of a certain ethnic origin or theme. I'm pretty sure there would Charter challenges up the ass were that the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.