• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC will now allow grad transfers to transfer in conference immediately.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why I'm still somewhat surprised all these years later when someone can't do the easy thing and just admit they misread/misinterpreted something and laugh it off. Why people feel the need to double down on stupidity and keep trying to move the goalposts to avoid looking dumb is beyond me, but you just keep on going. It's at least funny as hell.

What can I say? I aim to please? :thumb:

Just because someone doesn’t share your opinion on someone else’s opinion doesn’t mean they were wrong. Just a heads up.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can I say? I aim to please? :thumb:

Just because someone doesn’t share your opinion on someone else’s opinion doesn’t mean they were wrong. Just a heads up.
I mean almost everyone up here takes their shots at people when they see something like this. You know it's nothing personal. Rather you get back to more important stuff like poking AG or something. :boink:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean almost everyone up here takes their shots at people when they see something like this. You know it's nothing personal. Rather you get back to more important stuff like poking AG or something. :boink:

I’m just giving my opinion on this. I know it’s nothing personal. It’s a message board. It’s all in good fun. I’m just Of the opinion that this should of happened a while ago and it’s not bad for college football.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not a terrible rule for college football. Your opinion is it will only benefit the big schools. But truthfully it will benefit schools that have certain need at certain positions. What it will do is Benefit P5 more than G5. But that doesn’t mean it’s bad for college football. If your mind wasn’t so much on Alabama and Sabans cock you could understand that.

^dumbfuck talking about G5 schools when it's a SEC rule that was changed.

Do you have any idea what's even going on?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^dumbfuck talking about G5 schools when it's a SEC rule that was changed.

Do you have any idea what's even going on?

Ahh thought it was as a whole.

So how exactly is it bad for college football again?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the fucking thread.

An as I said it depends on needs. A fringe NFL talent isn’t going to come to Alabama if he is going to be buried on the depth chart. He’ll go where he can play. That’s not bad for college football.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fucking confusing.

Are you trying to tell us that football players in the SEC actually graduate? And not only graduate, but do it in 4 years and can then transfer?

Santa Claus is more believable than this shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure this is really that big of a deal.

We're talking about grad transfers. It's not like there are a whole bunch of those every year.

Also, I think a grad transfer is going to be fairly picky about where he goes.

If a kid is grad transfer, he's likely going to go someplace where he feels he can play right away. Otherwise, why not just declare for the NFL draft?

So, he's going to be looking at who a school has at his position.

I'd wager that, especially when transferring from a smaller school to a bigger school, it's fairly likely that there will already be a player who is as good or better at his position and he's not going to go to that school.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fucking confusing.

Are you trying to tell us that football players in the SEC actually graduate? And not only graduate, but do it in 4 years and can then transfer?

Santa Claus is more believable than this shit.

Funny because Alabama and a few other SEC teams rank higher in this category than Nebraska.

New NCAA APR scores show who could bowl at 5-7

Nebraska: 977

Vandy: 992
Florida: 980
Alabama: 980
Auburn: 980

Alabama's was 984 this year, but couldn't find the whole list.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure this is really that big of a deal.

We're talking about grad transfers. It's not like there are a whole bunch of those every year.

Also, I think a grad transfer is going to be fairly picky about where he goes.

If a kid is grad transfer, he's likely going to go someplace where he feels he can play right away. Otherwise, why not just declare for the NFL draft?

So, he's going to be looking at who a school has at his position.

I'd wager that, especially when transferring from a smaller school to a bigger school, it's fairly likely that there will already be a player who is as good or better at his position and he's not going to go to that school.

The number of grad transfers is a trend that is increasing every year and will continue to grow every year as the early enroll trend also gains steam.

And Alabama takes and looks for grad transfers every year, so your final paragraph is a lost bet.

But this was mostly about tampering within the SEC.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean graduating in advanced tiddlywinks is still graduating.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number of grad transfers is a trend that is increasing every year and will continue to grow every year as the early enroll trend also gains steam.

And Alabama takes and looks for grad transfers every year, so your final paragraph is a lost bet.

But this was mostly about tampering within the SEC.

So does USC. I'm sure most schools look for grad transfers every year. Including the big schools. A coach who isn't constantly looking for ways to improve his team, isn't going to be a coach for very long.

If I'm the coach of a big school, I'm going to look at them, if for no other reason, than to try to keep a rival school from getting them.

But end of the day, most big schools are set, at least for that season, at most positions.

So again, I just don't see that it will be that big of a deal or make a huge difference.

I do agree though, that the conference will need to be careful and make sure they have something set to deal with tampering.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does USC. I'm sure most schools look for grad transfers every year. Including the big schools. A coach who isn't constantly looking for ways to improve his team, isn't going to be a coach for very long.

If I'm the coach of a big school, I'm going to look at them, if for no other reason, than to try to keep a rival school from getting them.

But end of the day, most big schools are set, at least for that season, at most positions.

So again, I just don't see that it will be that big of a deal or make a huge difference.

I do agree though, that the conference will need to be careful and make sure they have something set to deal with tampering.

Well grad transferring has been happening for awhile, and this rule only makes it ok between SEC teams, so it's not a huge effect overall in itself.

But it's a growing trend. And it's going to end up being a 2nd recruiting cycle in the next 10 years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well grad transferring has been happening for awhile, and this rule only makes it ok between SEC teams, so it's not a huge effect overall in itself.

But it's a growing trend. And it's going to end up being a 2nd recruiting cycle in the next 10 years.

You may be right. I don't know as that it will become big enough to be a 2nd recruiting cycle (although I can see where it could), but I agree that it will become more impactful if players keep enrolling early.