• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC will now allow grad transfers to transfer in conference immediately.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you are a blithering moron who thinks Alabama will lose a bunch of grad transfers (lol) to “free agency”.

Like I've been saying, you live in a fantasy world. Constantly arguing against the shit you want me to say, rather than what I actually say.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he said it would lead to free agency he did not say it in any way that sounded like it's a bad thing for them.

It's not going to be bad for the bigger schools, it's going to be bad for the smaller schools who took that 2 or 3 star, developed him for 3-4 years and then he's going to want to finish his career at a school where he can make the biggest impact and get drafted etc. A kid that wouldn't get recruited at all by top schools coming out of high school. Normally he could be a big star for the small team, but now he's going elsewhere.

Meanwhile, the kids that are going to leave the bigger schools are going to be the ones who get passed up on the depth chart.

And this was just a SEC rule, we already see it cross conference. It'll become more popular as people start early enrolling more often and graduating more, a recent trend that's been picking up. Russell Wilson comes to mind, we got that kid from Oregon St a few years ago, and he contributed to the 2015 NC IIRC. And then of course, it's the guys that get passed up on the depth chart that transfer out. Oregon just got someone this off season but I'm high and can't remember.

All anyone has to do is look at the talent direction to see who the winners and losers are going to be. Just another round of recruiting in many ways, and a repeat of the results.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm sucking his dick because I pointed out he had just said the premise of this thread is more or less be careful what you wish for because you may get to poach Bama's bench warmers, but it means they can go after even your top players that end up as 5th year returners?

Ok, if that makes you feel better I guess. :doobs:

Look what he says after. He cries about it being free agency.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I've been saying, you live in a fantasy world. Constantly arguing against the shit you want me to say, rather than what I actually say.

How in the hell can that be true with all these other responses. Are you saying Alabama won’t benefit? Because others here think you are.

Tell us again how it’s a free agency, lol

Last edited:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the OP again. First he laughed. Which means of course he thinks it's funny what they did. Then he said... "I don't think they yet realize what they've done." I would take that as meaning that vote is going to backfire on every other team not named Bama.

When he said it would lead to free agency he did not say it in any way that sounded like it's a bad thing for them.

For whatever reason you just have a case of the ass over him and want to make something out this thread that wasn't actually said. And I've had it out with him many times so I don't get where anyone can say I'm some sort of life long backer of his posts. Just calling it like I see it.

There is absolutely no reason against a grad transfer going anywhere. Him stating it’s free agency was a good thing? We’ll just have to agree to disagree even though we both know what was meant by it.

An lol at you and him having it out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no reason against a grad transfer going anywhere. Him stating it’s free agency was a good thing? We’ll just have to agree to disagree even though we both know what was meant by it.

An lol at you and him having it out.
Look, you missed the mark on this one. It happens. We have all misinterpreted shit. Just accept it and let it go.

No one else is seeing it the way you took it. He called it free agency and said pretty clearly Bama stands to benefit from it the most. There wasn't a spec of crying or complaining involved. Not one bit. I mean he even has a rival fan coming to his support. Kind of speaks volumes there. Seriously, go read the exact first few posts of his again and this time read it without trying to make it fit that narrative.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of these, per year, are we talking about.

If I'm guessing, it's minimal.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, you missed the mark on this one. It happens. We have all misinterpreted shit. Just accept it and let it go.

No one else is seeing it the way you took it. He called it free agency and said pretty clearly Bama stands to benefit from it the most. There wasn't a spec of crying or complaining involved. Not one bit. I mean he even has a rival fan coming to his support. Kind of speaks volumes there. Seriously, go read the exact first few posts of his again and this time read it without trying to make it fit that narrative.

Ohh GMFB, you don’t see it because lately youve been dangling around his shaft. An that auburn fan usually always backs him up. I bet he even would if he said fuck auburn. So none of that is shocking. But seeing how there is no rational reason for grad transfer to not be allowed to transfer anywhere and him citing it will turn into free agency is beyond hilarious. As if there is some difference from letting them transfer outside the conference.

But take it as you want.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh GMFB, you don’t see it because lately youve been dangling around his shaft. An that auburn fan usually always backs him up. I bet he even would if he said fuck auburn. So none of that is shocking. But seeing how there is no rational reason for grad transfer to not be allowed to transfer anywhere and him citing it will turn into free agency is beyond hilarious. As if there is some difference from letting them transfer outside the conference.

But take it as you want.
Holy shit are you being a complete tard.
So Saban actually proposed getting rid of the rule last week because of what was happening and they all voted for it. They keep looking at the 2 examples of Alabama students, and they think "Oh I want some of that Alabama talent", and the part they forgot about is - Saban gets to take your shit too, and guess who makes the best argument for that grad transfer finishing his career and getting ready for the NFL than coming to Alabama? So in the end, they end up taking the guys who get passed up on the depth chart, while the top talent of the smaller teams are the ones that will come to Alabama.

And even after Saban is gone it's still going to be the same kind of deal with the bigger schools having free food from the lower ones.

Kind of like how they all thought having satellite camps was going to give them a huge advantage over Saban/SEC. Well yeah, until he starts going to them.

If you actually READ that post from start to finish there is no way a rational person can say he was crying about anything.
He said all of this literally just before you posted the following...
Saban stands to benefit from this too. Not quite sure why you are crying.

You entirely and completely missed the mark. There is no difference of opinion. You missed it. It's that simple.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell can that be true with all these other responses. Are you saying Alabama won’t benefit? Because others here think you are.

Tell us again how it’s a free agency, lol

How the hell does Alabama not benefit?

This is seriously how I picture you:

633188509-fat_emo.jpg

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not going to be bad for the bigger schools, it's going to be bad for the smaller schools who took that 2 or 3 star, developed him for 3-4 years and then he's going to want to finish his career at a school where he can make the biggest impact and get drafted etc. A kid that wouldn't get recruited at all by top schools coming out of high school. Normally he could be a big star for the small team, but now he's going elsewhere.

Meanwhile, the kids that are going to leave the bigger schools are going to be the ones who get passed up on the depth chart.

And this was just a SEC rule, we already see it cross conference. It'll become more popular as people start early enrolling more often and graduating more, a recent trend that's been picking up. Russell Wilson comes to mind, we got that kid from Oregon St a few years ago, and he contributed to the 2015 NC IIRC. And then of course, it's the guys that get passed up on the depth chart that transfer out. Oregon just got someone this off season but I'm high and can't remember.

All anyone has to do is look at the talent direction to see who the winners and losers are going to be. Just another round of recruiting in many ways, and a repeat of the results.

That all makes more sense to me now. The article I read never
mentioned anything about the Bama players that had left. (It
was from the Orlando Sentinel)

Your final paragraph is the operative one for me. These grad transfers are becoming more and more each year. This could
become the next great sin. Teams will not stop recruiting players
even after they are somewhere else.

I doubt this will affect more than 25% of CFB players, because it
would require getting a degree in 3 years, but for those that have
smarts to them, it opens up other possibilities for them. You get
a degree in 3 years, you'd still have 2 years of eligibility left.

Hell, that beats going to JUCO.

And you are correct. The name schools will come out way ahead
with a rule like this. They don't need to fill half their roster to
be competitive. Just taking one player, in the needed position
could be all they need. Especially in-conference. Ky or Vandy
would need 3 or 4 players just to compete for a Division title, but
a Bama or UGA or Auburn could get just one of theirs at a position
of immediate need and get them a title.

The rich will get richer

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell does Alabama not benefit?

This is seriously how I picture you:

633188509-fat_emo.jpg

So then how am I arguing with “shit I’m putting in your mouth” you dumb fuck?

An like I would ever care what you think of me.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit are you being a complete tard.

If you actually READ that post from start to finish there is no way a rational person can say he was crying about anything.
He said all of this literally just before you posted the following...

You entirely and completely missed the mark. There is no difference of opinion. You missed it. It's that simple.

Holy fuck dumbass it’s not that hard. He says everyone fucked and that bama will benefit. Then gives a backhanded comment that this will cause free agency. Giving the view that this is not a good move.

You are missing he mark on this, not I.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long story short this should have been done long ago. The kid graduated. Let him go where he wants for one year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck dumbass it’s not that hard. He says everyone fucked and that bama will benefit. Then gives a backhanded comment that this will cause free agency. Giving the view that this is not a good move.

It's a good rule for Alabama.

It's a terrible rule for college football in general because the top schools are going to benefit most.

If your brain could follow more than a few words at a time, it should be obvious.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good rule for Alabama.

It's a terrible rule for college football in general because the top schools are going to benefit most.

If your brain could follow more than a few words at a time, it should be obvious.

It’s not a terrible rule for college football. Your opinion is it will only benefit the big schools. But truthfully it will benefit schools that have certain need at certain positions. What it will do is Benefit P5 more than G5. But that doesn’t mean it’s bad for college football. If your mind wasn’t so much on Alabama and Sabans cock you could understand that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't know why I'm still somewhat surprised all these years later when someone can't do the easy thing and just admit they misread/misinterpreted something and laugh it off. Why people feel the need to double down on stupidity and keep trying to move the goalposts to avoid looking dumb is beyond me, but you just keep on going. It's at least funny as hell.