• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks vs St. Louis Rams (Week 1)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 4th and 1, he calls a draw when our line was getting slaughtered all year. Did Kam call that play? No, Bevell did. And there's a multi-year body of work of him pulling the same shit that hurts us bad. He's a bum. He sucks. He's no better than anybody else we could have calling the plays. Fire him. I'm done.
And none of that refutes that the game is a W if Kam is on that field instead of Bailey. With Bevell still there. With that crap line still there that let Wilson get murdered all day. It's still a W with Kam. Period.

1000000% on Kam.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Allen better have Kam on speed dial.

I'd rather the Seahawks lose than give in to Kam. Long term success for the team would be to not allow players to hold the team hostage any time they think their contracts are up to their standards.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers would destroy this team if they play like they did today.

That is the thing... Over the last few years against the Rams WE HAVE PLAYED LIKE SHIT AGAINST THEM IN ST. LOUIS. So no I'm not worried.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Allen better have Kam on speed dial.

Nope. If he's gonna bicker over roughly 900k then I'd be willing to just let him sit and lose millions all year.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow bad decisions by the coaching staff. The time out before the 2 minute warning. Have no idea why we did that. In the onside kick in overtime made no sense

I agree AO, why the onside kick? Still I saw a lot to be optimistic about and the as we all know the Hawks start slow and finish fast.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And none of that refutes that the game is a W if Kam is on that field instead of Bailey. With Bevell still there. With that crap line still there that let Wilson get murdered all day. It's still a W with Kam. Period.

1000000% on Kam.

You don't know how the game ends up if he's in there. You do know that the stupid draw we always call and the Rams know is coming isn't going to do anything. Bevell has nothing to do with Kam. He needs to do his job and think about what's working and what isn't. If he wants to call something like that, go out of a power formation like the I. Not that crap.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather the Seahawks lose than give in to Kam. Long term success for the team would be to not allow players to hold the team hostage any time they think their contracts are up to their standards.
I agree, but that's exactly what is going to happen. If Kam's not there next week we lose by double digits to GB the way this team is playing right now.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna critique the last call. It wasn't the ideal run but we were probably trying to catch them off guard with the wide set. Rams D-line made a hell of a play to win the game. If Russell throws it we'd be all over Pete once again for not running it with 1 yard to go.

The part I'm mad about is Pete trying to gamble and out wit Fisher and once again FAILING.

Fisher owns Pete in their head to head when it comes to these trickery plays and the mind games.

There is no need to get cute with trickery. Their offense moved the ball on that last drive to tie the game but a big chunk of it was due to a safety slipping in the secondary. We have been getting pressure on them all game. Foles was rattled with pressure in his face. We kick the ball pin them at the 20 and we probably get the ball back.

Frustrating game to watch. But it's one game. Hard to keep that mind set after watching a game like this but it's only one game.

Damn it Pete.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but that game was 100% on Kam and Kam alone. If he's not holding out with 3 years left on his deal then Baily doesn't bone head plays and it never gets to OT. Point blank, his selfishness now made the road back to the SB a whole lot harder.

Or the fact that our entire LB corps forgot how to tackle.
Or Bevell seems to think that a bubble screen to Baldwin is a game breaking play.
Or the fact that our OL can't get any push when it matters.
Or our punt coverage team forgot what a lane was.
Or our QB has zero faith in our OL (and rightfully so) and makes panic throws that get picked.

Every unit, except maybe the FG unit, has plenty of blood on their hands today.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know how the game ends up if he's in there. You do know that the stupid draw we always call and the Rams know is coming isn't going to do anything. Bevell has nothing to do with Kam. He needs to do his job and think about what's working and what isn't. If he wants to call something like that, go out of a power formation like the I. Not that crap.
I do know Kam doesn't trip over his own feet and give them a cheap TD. I do know receivers wouldn't have been running across the middle without looking over their shoulders all day like they did. I do know Earl would have stayed more to his own assignments.

I sure do know the outcome would be different. If you have watched this D over the last 3 years you'd know too.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna critique the last call. It wasn't the ideal run but we were probably trying to catch them off guard with the wide set. Rams D-line made a hell of a play to win the game. If Russell throws it we'd be all over Pete once again for not running it with 1 yard to go.

The part I'm mad about is Pete trying to gamble and out wit Fisher and once again FAILING.

Fisher owns Pete in their head to head when it comes to these trickery plays and the mind games.

There is no need to get cute with trickery. Their offense moved the ball on that last drive to tie the game but a big chunk of it was due to a safety slipping in the secondary. We have been getting pressure on them all game. Foles was rattled with pressure in his face. We kick the ball pin them at the 20 and we probably get the ball back.

Frustrating game to watch. But it's one game. Hard to keep that mind set after watching a game like this but it's only one game.

Damn it Pete.

Dude, we run that play like 70% out of that formation. And nobody would be all over Pete for putting the game in the hands of the QB that makes 20 mill a year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of work to be done with all the units. Hope for better play next week.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more pissed at the failed onside. It was completely unnecessary and I hope they never think about doing it again.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the fact that our entire LB corps forgot how to tackle.
Or Bevell seems to think that a bubble screen to Baldwin is a game breaking play.
Or the fact that our OL can't get any push when it matters.
Or our punt coverage team forgot what a lane was.
Or our QB has zero faith in our OL (and rightfully so) and makes panic throws that get picked.

Every unit, except maybe the FG unit, has plenty of blood on their hands today.
And with every bit of that true, they still win with Kam in.

This team has lived and died on defense for 3 years. They have had shitty play calling and terrible lines for years. They have had terrible special teams like last year and still won. Because of their defense. The captain for that defense isn't there and it showed. It was painfully obvious.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know Kam doesn't trip over his own feet and give them a cheap TD. I do know receivers wouldn't have been running across the middle without looking over their shoulders all day like they did. I do know Earl would have stayed more to his own assignments.

I sure do know the outcome would be different. If you have watched this D over the last 3 years you'd know too.

So basically what you're saying is that everyone is basically off the hook for their poor decisions or play because Kam isn't in there. That makes absolutely no sense. What if Kam were injured? Do you apply the same logic?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kam in the box, Cunningham isn't breaking all those tackles.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with every bit of that true, they still win with Kam in.

This team has lived and died on defense for 3 years. They have had shitty play calling and terrible lines for years. They have had terrible special teams like last year and still won. Because of their defense. The captain for that defense isn't there and it showed. It was painfully obvious.

And if any of those other units show up, it doesn't matter that Bailey gives up a TD in garbage time. You can't pin this loss on any one person. This was a colossal team loss.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were starting out 0-2 fella's ..... Were not beating GB with our secondary looking the way it's looking.... I think our offense will catch it's stride, but our D is giving up gaping holes right now with blown coverages, lack of focus all the way around... In OT Foles had a receiver WIDE OPEN had we not gotten pressure on that 3rd down play...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if any of those other units show up, it doesn't matter that Bailey gives up a TD in garbage time. You can't pin this loss on any one person. This was a colossal team loss.

Garbage time?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were starting out 0-2 fella's ..... Were not beating GB with our secondary looking the way it's looking.... I think our offense will catch it's stride, but our D is giving up gaping holes right now with blown coverages, lack of focus all the way around... In OT Foles had a receiver WIDE OPEN had we not gotten pressure on that 3rd down play...

Mmmm I not ready to cecede that. For sure the secondary needs work.