• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks vs St. Louis Rams (Week 1)

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First i want to state that i was not surprised by the lose today, The preseason showed me this team was NOT ready. The Worst thing that could happen in the last Preseason game was for the first string offense to score on their second play. They looked down right awful all preseason and needed more reps.

Cable is not who the hawks were hoping for when they hired him and i believe it is a year over due on replacing him, he should have been gone last season before they even played a single game.

I know i was critical on the Hawks Preseason play but when you were the "WORST" offense in the preseason i think you have to be critical.

Point's i want to add, the Rams Oline out played the Hawks oline and they are BAD so whats that say about the Hawks Oline? The Hawks still can not stop a team on 3rd and long, I mean come on all ready it's been like 10 years now that 3rd and long is like a gimme against the Hawks.

Unless something drastic happens we could be in for a long ugly season people so get ready for it. To many of you where crying like bitches today, really you did not see this coming? what team have you been following this preseason???

Anyway the season is young and there is time but from here on out this lose just makes the rest of the way that much harder. Can not let GB basically take a 3 game lead by losing to them next Sunday Night.

I didn't think we did that bad overall. It was a dog fight to the end and considering it was a road game, early start against a rival who ALWAYS plays us tough we showed up OK.

Russell had good completion percentage numbers on a day when he threw an unusual amount of passes (over 40 passes). His QB rating was over 90. He hit JG about 7 times for about 55 yards and a TD (I think) which is a great first regular season start for those two. We rushed for around 120 yards against probably the best from 7 in Football so I take that as a win too. And special teams (Lockett) were great.

A couple of miscues did us in in the end. The Haushka botched kick off and the Bailey trip which led to a TD were the most glaring. We also let St.Louis beat us with screens. Normally not a big problem but our tackling looked bad yesterday so the Rams YAC yards was better than it probably should have been. Kam missing was probably a big factor in some of that. Nobody expected Cunningham to have the day he did either.

I'm not happy with the loss, but it's not the end of the world. They know to work on the O-line, tackling, and getting Kam back if possible.

Next week is another tough road game (probably the toughest we'll see all year) but at least it's prime time and not another earlybird special.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think we did that bad overall. It was a dog fight to the end and considering it was a road game, early start against a rival who ALWAYS plays us tough we showed up OK.

Russell had good completion percentage numbers on a day when he threw an unusual amount of passes (over 40 passes). His QB rating was over 90. He hit JG about 7 times for about 55 yards and a TD (I think) which is a great first regular season start for those two. We rushed for around 120 yards against probably the best from 7 in Football so I take that as a win too. And special teams (Lockett) were great.

A couple of miscues did us in in the end. The Haushka botched kick off and the Bailey trip which led to a TD were the most glaring. We also let St.Louis beat us with screens. Normally not a big problem but our tackling looked bad yesterday so the Rams YAC yards was better than it probably should have been. Kam missing was probably a big factor in some of that. Nobody expected Cunningham to have the day he did either.

I'm not happy with the loss, but it's not the end of the world. They know to work on the O-line, tackling, and getting Kam back if possible.

Next week is another tough road game (probably the toughest we'll see all year) but at least it's prime time and not another earlybird special.

Also a possible win against Green Bay will change A LOT.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a possible win against Green Bay will change A LOT.

That is true, but don't be surprised if 0-2 is in our future. Even if we lose to GB it won't be the end of the world. I'm more or less expecting a loss next week so if we win I'll consider it a bonus. Rodgers has never won against a Wilson led Seahawks so I'd say he's probably due.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the folks that are blaming Bevell, your contempt should be directed towards our new DC, Kris Richard. We gave up 34 points including a ST TD.
If we hold STL to their average 14 points or so per game against us, it is a blowout.
Most of you focus on the one play, which was the most important at that time in the game, but DB made enough calls to win a game against a tough team on the road.
The D gave this one up.
This has to be the main concern after that game outside of the obvious offensive woes. Even Millen gave the D play calling a horrible rating. This was supposed to be more or less the same defense with a few tweaks. Well the LB's played out of position and guys looked lost out there. Richard needs to get shit cleaned up fast. Can't wait around for him to learn his craft.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Richard like to use the blitz more often, which is fine, but a little different then the last few years.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see much of the game, did Seattle send Jimmy Graham down the middle like the Saints would or did they not utilize him properly in trying to get mismatches down the field?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skimmed thru a replay of this game. Lot of the damaged from the Rams came on blitzes that weren't picked up. Kind of surprising that the Rams had to blitz IMO, but it paid off.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skimmed thru a replay of this game. Lot of the damaged from the Rams came on blitzes that weren't picked up. Kind of surprising that the Rams had to blitz IMO, but it paid off.

I thought the line had an underrated performance on Sunday. Sure, there were some blown assignments and some plays that just didn't get executed, but overall I think the line did much better than they've been given credit, especially since St. Louis' front 7 can make much better OLines look just as bad.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the line had an underrated performance on Sunday. Sure, there were some blown assignments and some plays that just didn't get executed, but overall I think the line did much better than they've been given credit, especially since St. Louis' front 7 can make much better OLines look just as bad.

Still picking up blitzes is important. You can expect more of the same in the future. However with a young line these things can happen.