• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Indianapolis Colts

Theflatline

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how we can be gashing the heck out of them with Lynch...and then we just freaking stop.......

Theflatline

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those three drives where we had to settle for fg in the third quarter lost it for us. You can't just keep giving away opportunities and expect to come up with miraculous wins on the road.

This team is going to have to learn to put teams away.

Exactly....

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Line for the most part is missing and to pull away with a 1-1 road trip and being very close to getting a W in Indy is very good.

Colt's would not stand a chance in our house and we would beat them easily i think on a fair field,so im not looking at this as any worry.

All that matters is HOFA in the playoffs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the refs sucked, but the Hawks gave away the game. Colts made plays and the Hawks gave away plays.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense sucked as did the coaching. I mean seriously, this is supposed to be a great defense and you get shredded by a guy named TY Hilton. Who in the fuck is TY Hilton? Every 3rd down was automatic for them. It was either a completion or we get called for pass interference. Luck had all day back there in the 2nd half too. Sad. Also, when are we going to get some freaking Wide Receivers? People screamed at me last year when I was calling Wilson 'Mini Vick', but here you go. Sad when your QB has to run for over 100 yards just to move the ball. Nobody can get open. I'm pissed.

Well, that game knocked us back down to earth and kind of showed that we have some issues. Hopefully we can fix them.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just wasn't our game to win

Both teams blocked a punt/fg...ours resulted in 2 pts their's resulted in 7

Seahawks 21 first downs to Colts 20 but Colts 7-12 on third down conversions...Seahawks 2-12

Oh and 7 penalties 85 yards

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder what the fuck we'll do with Harvin when he gets here. Is it just going to be a bunch of bubble screens and sideline routes?

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a lucky fluke. Lots of lessons learned today though. I can't believe they didn't go over the middle AT ALL with play action. Bevell called a horrible game when the ball was in Indy territory. I hate the ref excuse, but they were horseshit.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a terrible sports weekend

UW crushing loss
Sounders 1-5 loss
Seahawks giving one away

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so sick of these out routes. It's the only thing we run and everybody knows it. Does Bevell try to switch things up? Of course not! We'll need a 5 game losing streak or something for this idiot to clue in. It's like he's trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist because he's worried about tipped balls.

I said in another thread that Bevell severely lacks creativity and is incredibly predictable. I was really hoping he would go in the offseason when his name was rumored for HC vacancies.

On a different note, let me be clear the Seahawks are fine. This loss isn't the end of the world and the team will get back on track next week. A very frustrating loss for sure, thanks both to Seahawks errors and the ridiculous inconsistency from the refs when it came to what they would let Indy get away with in the secondary compared to what they called on the Hawks. But it's only gonna get better from here on out IMO. Definitely not jumping off the bandwagon.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints won again today, so I think that makes them the best team in the NFC. We'll have to see how the rest of the games play out before the game against them in December.

Oh well, it's over and we can't win them all. Time to focus on the Titans and end this 4 week AFC run.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a horseshit game all the way through. The most concise way of putting it is, the NFL did not want us winning this game. Took points away in giving us a safety instead of a TD, the two bullshit PI bailouts one being on 3rd and 22 inside their own 5 yard line. calling 12 men in the huddle when there is clearly 11?? WTF?! It was about the worst game we have seen in a long, long time.

Then we have Bevell, probably the worst OC in the entire league with predictable play calls, no smart plays, never wants to play to our best players strengths. And when something is working, he almost immediately goes away from it. He should be fired today, but unfortunately as long as we keep winning we will have to suffer through his BS for God knows how long.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phantom PI against Tate
PI on Browner on uncatchable ball
12 men in the huddle with only 11
PI on Sherman on Hilton push off

These were all crap. 2 led to TDs by Colts. 1 didn't matter as the Hawks scored a TD anyway and 1 took the Seahawks off the field earlier than it should have and they settled for a field goal.

By the end of the game the Seahawks DBs were playing off and not aggressively where the Colts DBs were mugging the WRs. Not as concerned about the non calls on the Colts except that the Hawks were getting called for less than the Colts were doing. Consistency is big IMO, call it for both or for none.

In the end, Hawks lose, move on to a home game, and this was the game that seemed to be the one people thought would be a loss. It would have been hard to start out 8-0, and these next 3 games should be wins if the Hawks take care of their business, and I'll take 7-1.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 12 men penalty was a "makeup call" for them missing Clemons touching Lucks helmet.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said in another thread that Bevell severely lacks creativity and is incredibly predictable. I was really hoping he would go in the offseason when his name was rumored for HC vacancies.

On a different note, let me be clear the Seahawks are fine. This loss isn't the end of the world and the team will get back on track next week. A very frustrating loss for sure, thanks both to Seahawks errors and the ridiculous inconsistency from the refs when it came to what they would let Indy get away with in the secondary compared to what they called on the Hawks. But it's only gonna get better from here on out IMO. Definitely not jumping off the bandwagon.

Like someone else said, we were playing with house money after the Texans win so it isn't that big of a deal. The o-line problems aren't helping things out either. My biggest concern is why we aren't attacking the center of the field. If it's because Wilson isn't physically capable of doing that then the cap for him is above average and picking up a guy who's as good in the slot as Harvin is a complete waste of money. If it's because of Bevell then nothing is going to happen until he gets fired or moves on. I don't think he can handle a qb like Wilson and we should grab someone from the college level that understands his type of game better. I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Seahawks going after Kiffin. He fell on his face at USC but he definitely knows the x's and o's of the game.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not wilson, its bevell. for one thing he has zero time and zero pocket to throw from, so its hard to get the middle of the field when you are constantly having to escape the pocket. but at the same time, knowing that our OL is an open door to the defense, they do nothing to get around that. it seems like there is no game plan, no attempt to get wilson out of the pocket so he can make plays.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like someone else said, we were playing with house money after the Texans win so it isn't that big of a deal. The o-line problems aren't helping things out either. My biggest concern is why we aren't attacking the center of the field. If it's because Wilson isn't physically capable of doing that then the cap for him is above average and picking up a guy who's as good in the slot as Harvin is a complete waste of money. If it's because of Bevell then nothing is going to happen until he gets fired or moves on. I don't think he can handle a qb like Wilson and we should grab someone from the college level that understands his type of game better. I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Seahawks going after Kiffin. He fell on his face at USC but he definitely knows the x's and o's of the game.

Many have said there is about 20% of plays Wilson cannot do due to his height and seeing,now does that mean they cannot create plays to lower that? yes they will and have.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calming down some, but it makes me uneasy that this team should really be 2-3 right now. Still some glaring holes.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets look on the bright side of this lose if there is any. This was a non-conference lose, at least our tie breakers still stand. As long as the Hawks take care of business in conference, this lose which was frustrating as hell won't cost us in the long run.