• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Eagles

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's almost gotta be a team by team basis depending on teams strengths and weaknesses.

Against a dominate D like yours you can't rush it cause you are going to have to many 3 and outs which in turn tires your OWN D out.

That's exactly right... Chip should mix it up depending on match-ups....

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgive ya :ban::noidea::sadbron:
Dude, relax. I thought it comical when you told me to win with class shortly after you told me and all other Seahawk fans to "GTFO" your board. Frigging laugher and I' m sure you understand.

Good game. The Eagles run D was as good as I thought it was. Rock solid.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VERY TRUE....just counter posting the insulting pic that your peeps threw at us stereotyping us Eagles fans....However 2 wrongs do not make a right....so as i said, until next time :suds:

All good to me. As I said to the other Hawks fans, I don't care about people talking smack as long as they own it and you sir are doing just that. I give props where they are due.

:suds:

Now go kick some Cowboy ass... Again.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as Rick Flare always said "TO BE THE MAN, YA GOTTA BEAT THE MAN" and today we didn't bring our big boy pants and we got schooled, by the MAN! We just are not quite in your class yet. However, in CHIP we trust.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as Rick Flare always said "TO BE THE MAN, YA GOTTA BEAT THE MAN" and today we didn't bring our big boy pants and we got schooled, by the MAN! We just are not quite in your class yet. However, in CHIP we trust.

It could be much worse... You guy's were on the brink of hiring Gus Bradley.... OMG that guy made me pull my hair out when he was our DC...

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if it makes you feel better you could all kick my ass. I have no tattoos, weigh 160 and bench about the same. And actually i believe wings that that is him. If you go through the thread he has been honest the entire time and gave the hawks props throughout. It was some other eagles fans that were whining the whole time. Wings :suds: to you

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip's hurry up style is still a very potent style IMO, Seattle just counters it more than anyone else in the league. Seattle just plays that same zone D on nearly every play and their players are all athletic freaks so Chip's team/line is probably tiring out before ours. It's playing right into a counter. Seattle destroyed Denver when they tried to do it, and beat up on New England before their team even had all the pieces they do now. It just doesn't work.

That said, Seattle's D is an anomaly at the moment. No other D is really built like it, and since the Eagles don't have to worry about Seattle until playoffs and spare a regular season game once a year (AT MOST), Chip probably doesn't care.

They also have 'the sanchez' starting and sorry but I can't take that guy seriously. He still underthrew Ertz on the TD and could've thrown something FAR better downfield to Cooper but noodle arm Sanchez instead gets picked. I applaud him for trying to make something happen but Sanchez doesn't have the arm or the pocket presence to do much (IMO). Folk is in and that game is diff.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When and IF PC decides to retire, I would not be surprised to see Paul Allen or other Seahawk Brass go after Chip Kelley. Yup, heard it hear first, even before Jay Glazer broke the news. I'm breaking it now, when PC retires, Chip Kelley will be the next head coach of the Seattle Seahawks.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it makes you feel better you could all kick my ass. I have no tattoos, weigh 160 and bench about the same. And actually i believe wings that that is him. If you go through the thread he has been honest the entire time and gave the hawks props throughout. It was some other eagles fans that were whining the whole time. Wings :suds: to you
Right back at ya :suds:

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip's hurry up style is still a very potent style IMO, Seattle just counters it more than anyone else in the league. Seattle just plays that same zone D on nearly every play and their players are all athletic freaks so Chip's team/line is probably tiring out before ours. It's playing right into a counter. Seattle destroyed Denver when they tried to do it, and beat up on New England before their team even had all the pieces they do now. It just doesn't work.

It would be interesting to see the All-22 review, but quite a few people on the Eagles board saw Eagles players quite open. Problem seems to have been as much decision making, as well as the Seahawk's defense being fast (of course the Seahawk's defense leaving little margin for error plays into the decision making).

That said, Seattle's D is an anomaly at the moment. No other D is really built like it, and since the Eagles don't have to worry about Seattle until playoffs and spare a regular season game once a year (AT MOST), Chip probably doesn't care.

I would not go that far, but it probably plays into it.

They also have 'the sanchez' starting and sorry but I can't take that guy seriously. He still underthrew Ertz on the TD and could've thrown something FAR better downfield to Cooper but noodle arm Sanchez instead gets picked. I applaud him for trying to make something happen but Sanchez doesn't have the arm or the pocket presence to do much (IMO). Folk is in and that game is diff.

Problem is that Sanchez' arm seems inconsistent. Yes, he underthrew Cooper and Ertz, but on another one, he had Cooper over the middle (and Cooper did not make the play). Sanchez seems to lack the arm strength to get away with throws requiring speed/distance if he cannot set his feet and step into the throw.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny eagles fans excuse in sanchize, but before the game all the talk was about how our D wasnt ready for the fast paced offense.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny eagles fans excuse in sanchize, but before the game all the talk was about how our D wasnt ready for the fast paced offense.

Frankly it is the first one I have seen stand up against it, and kill it stone dead... I do not think anyone expected the Eagles to put up another 500 yards game against this defense, but neither did they expect them to be shut down to this extent.

Arizona did not, Green Bay IMO did not, San Francisco faced an Eagles offense (and O-line) that was a complete mess...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine that Eagles offense with a quarterback like Russell

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give a lot of credit to the Seattle defense. They have shut down some offenses of late. I do wonder how much of this was a trap game sandwiched between two very important division games for them, but no excuse for playing that flat in a stretch run heading toward the playoffs.

I hope you right the ship in a hurry this week and go back to doing what was working.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richtaunt.0.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine that Eagles offense with a quarterback like Russell

Wilson with McCoy/Sproles/Ertz/Celek and then Maclin + Mathews and guys like Peters blocking?

Stop trying to 'break' the NFL. What's funny is I remember the Eagles were really after him. Rumor was Eagles were taking him later if he was still there. They settled on Foles as next best on their board for QBs (least that's what I heard).

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson with McCoy/Sproles/Ertz/Celek and then Maclin + Mathews and guys like Peters blocking?

Stop trying to 'break' the NFL. What's funny is I remember the Eagles were really after him. Rumor was Eagles were taking him later if he was still there. They settled on Foles as next best on their board for QBs (least that's what I heard).
Yep it was close....Andy Reid wanted him.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it was close....Andy Reid wanted him.

It is universally accepted that the Eagles would have picked Wilson with the pick they had right after Seattle picked him. When Wilson was gone, they decided to trade down.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with that gimmick offense is it can work against their own defense. Imagine how tired their defenders must be with minimal rest between possessions.