• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks to workout Brandon Albert during Bye

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been w you every step

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only a couple that have actively defended or otherwise not bought into the criticism of Cable. I think you two are confusing that with the people making fun of the bevell bashers. Entirely different thing.

Cable is a former HC and by all accounts has a lot of direct say in who they draft and how they build that line.

It has been a complete failure the entire time he has been here. And save us that garbage about he was good enough to win the SB because the true is pretty clear now that Lynch and Wilson found ways to get the job done around that line and it was the defense that won that championship.

Seahawks can't overcome the line anymore because Lynch left and they lost their DC so there has been a fairly substantial decline in the overall defense. I've also been solid on KR not being DC ever since that move. He's terrible.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KR has definitely been awful on 3rd and long, very reminiscent of the gus bradley defense.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KR has definitely been awful on 3rd and long, very reminiscent of the gus bradley defense.

What bothers me bout KR is the Dan Quinn playbook of success was sitting in front of him but instead has the Gus Bus bend don't break playbook which leaves me on edge. I've been one for Cable to be released and replaced by an assistant o-line coach who comes from a team with a top 10 o-line.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always found it funny when people say " Cable doesn't get to Choose his guys, thats PC and JS"

Oh Really so the assistant HEAD COACH which is CABLE has no say or very little say? I think many keep forgetting that he is the Assistant HC to go along with Oline coach. When Pete and John get together to talk football and the team you can damn will bet the house that Cable is right there with them. They are a pack of 3 even though people tend to have the whole PC/JS thing stuck in their heads when it's actually PC/JS/TC. Those are the 3 most powerful people who shape this team and i am so sick and tired of Cable always getting a free pass year after year.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd assume I'm one of those 'people' who have defended Cable.

Let's review chf's actual thoughts:

I'm A-OK with gassing Cable. Just do it right, and replace him with someone who can actually walk and chew gum at the same time.

You're not getting a top flight assistant or college guy in season. End of story. So fire him in the offseason. All this 'aaargh, fire Cable NOOOOOOOWWWWW!' during the season, is just noise for noise's sake.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd assume I'm one of those 'people' who have defended Cable.

Let's review chf's actual thoughts:

I'm A-OK with gassing Cable. Just do it right, and replace him with someone who can actually walk and chew gum at the same time.

You're not getting a top flight assistant or college guy in season. End of story. So fire him in the offseason. All this 'aaargh, fire Cable NOOOOOOOWWWWW!' during the season, is just noise for noise's sake.

I agree, the change needs to be made in the offseason. My only difference is get an assistant in the pros who's ready to take over as o-line coach. I usually don't ever have a problem getting coaches from college but I think in this case we need a pro assistant coach who's ready.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the change needs to be made in the offseason. My only difference is get an assistant in the pros who's ready to take over as o-line coach. I usually don't ever have a problem getting coaches from college but I think in this case we need a pro assistant coach who's ready.

TOTALLY AGREE!!

to a point, UW's Oline coach would be a nice pick up he makes steak out of hamburger mmmm lol. I would be PISSED if they did that though, leave my Huskies alone!

College coaches can't coach up these lineman, we have seen that in the drastically degraded talent coming out. It's all about the gimmick offenses and spread, playing in shutgun 100% of the time.

Heck what we need to see in College is a return to the running game from power backfields ( 2 or more RB ) Then these guys will know how to runblock at least. With all these gimmick offenses in College it might be some time till things flip again. The whole cycle that the NFL and college teams go through ( power running then quick wr then Big wr then back to a balance attack then etc etc. ) the Defense does this cycle also and thats what forces offense to change. Defense start playing one way because of the success then the offense changes over time to play in a way that can be successful against that defense then the defense changes.

The fact that i have seen and watched this cycle is sad it really shows my age because these cycles are not fast cycles they take 5 to 7 years just to change one aspect before another starts to morph haha.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOTALLY AGREE!!

to a point, UW's Oline coach would be a nice pick up he makes steak out of hamburger mmmm lol. I would be PISSED if they did that though, leave my Huskies alone!

College coaches can't coach up these lineman, we have seen that in the drastically degraded talent coming out. It's all about the gimmick offenses and spread, playing in shutgun 100% of the time.

Heck what we need to see in College is a return to the running game from power backfields ( 2 or more RB ) Then these guys will know how to runblock at least. With all these gimmick offenses in College it might be some time till things flip again. The whole cycle that the NFL and college teams go through ( power running then quick wr then Big wr then back to a balance attack then etc etc. ) the Defense does this cycle also and thats what forces offense to change. Defense start playing one way because of the success then the offense changes over time to play in a way that can be successful against that defense then the defense changes.

The fact that i have seen and watched this cycle is sad it really shows my age because these cycles are not fast cycles they take 5 to 7 years just to change one aspect before another starts to morph haha.

If by some chance Seattle takes a college o-line coach and promote him to o-line coach for the Hawks, the only teams I would consider would be Wisconsin and Alabama. I'm sure there are a couple of others I'm forgetting but these two programs jump off the charts.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by some chance Seattle takes a college o-line coach and promote him to o-line coach for the Hawks, the only teams I would consider would be Wisconsin and Alabama. I'm sure there are a couple of others I'm forgetting but these two programs jump off the charts.

I said the Huskies because i totally forgot that C. Strausser was Denvers new Oline coach lol

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its easy to point the finger at Tom Cable because he is the Oline coach but we do not know who has the FINAL say in who we draft or sign. Tom could be in those meetings with PC and JS because he is the assistant coach but I dont know any assistant coaches in the league that have final say in who we actually bring on the team.

With that being the Oline that we took first day in the draft (Britt, Efedi, and Pocic) Britt looks solid at C, Efedi has had his issues but I think he is still learning I believe it was the wrong move to just move him in at RG after playing RT then going back to RT I think there should be consistency in your job.

Now with Pocic can someone please tell me why the hell we drafted him? I get he was a C in college so having him play LT would have been a huge leap but we just signed Britt to an extention so he needs to play the interior. Jockel is recovering from surgery and now there are rumors of us trying to trade for a guard. Pocic is a 2nd round pick that has been on the team since training camp this is his opportunity to step up and play.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now with Pocic can someone please tell me why the hell we drafted him? I get he was a C in college so having him play LT would have been a huge leap but we just signed Britt to an extention so he needs to play the interior. Jockel is recovering from surgery and now there are rumors of us trying to trade for a guard. Pocic is a 2nd round pick that has been on the team since training camp this is his opportunity to step up and play.

Uh, because the league isn't ending after the 2017 season, and there's also a huge chance linemen get injured & you need way more than 5 to play 16 games? Pocic also played virtually every position along the line at LSU. He could have been an insurance policy against Britt not re-signing, just as he could be a future starter at another position. Joeckel and Aboushi are BOTH on 1 year deals as well, and there's nothing that says Ifedi, Odhiambo or Fant for that matter have LT/RT locked down long term. In my opinion, constantly dumping talent (early draft picks) into both lines is never a bad move. You play a lot of them at once, and they get hurt frequently.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, because the league isn't ending after the 2017 season, and there's also a huge chance linemen get injured & you need way more than 5 to play 16 games? Pocic also played virtually every position along the line at LSU. He could have been an insurance policy against Britt not re-signing, just as he could be a future starter at another position. Joeckel and Aboushi are BOTH on 1 year deals as well, and there's nothing that says Ifedi, Odhiambo or Fant for that matter have LT/RT locked down long term. In my opinion, constantly dumping talent (early draft picks) into both lines is never a bad move. You play a lot of them at once, and they get hurt frequently.

Thats exactly my point Fant went down we were scrambling to find his replacement and ended up trading a draft pick for insurance. Now Jockel is down and again their are rumors of using more draft picks to trade for duane brown from the texans. Again what was the point of drafting him??

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always found it funny when people say " Cable doesn't get to Choose his guys, thats PC and JS"

Oh Really so the assistant HEAD COACH which is CABLE has no say or very little say? I think many keep forgetting that he is the Assistant HC to go along with Oline coach. When Pete and John get together to talk football and the team you can damn will bet the house that Cable is right there with them. They are a pack of 3 even though people tend to have the whole PC/JS thing stuck in their heads when it's actually PC/JS/TC. Those are the 3 most powerful people who shape this team and i am so sick and tired of Cable always getting a free pass year after year.
I have always thought it confounding when people think Cable calls the shot on drafting Ol men.
This is our hobby, past time, entertainment, and for many of us it is also our passion. For those in the NFL, it is their livelihood, reputation, and legend. It is their everything who spend incredible hours of every day doing their thing.
If YOU were JS or PC, would you let someone else call the shots on your draft when it is you who are ultimately responsible?
Absolutely not.
Pete and John listen to every coach and even the team doctors on draft day. They formulate the info and make a decision. Not the assistant or position coaches.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also one in the camp to defend Cable.
It is not that I think he is so great. I am one of those that is all in with Pete. I'm sold on building the D at the expense of the O. I would expect to see offensive improvement as the season rolls on because our OL is at the bottom of the spending curve. It necessitates having younger O linemen or washed up has beens like Sowell and Webb. I will prefer the youngun's with upside and it will take patience. Most don't have the patience.
So if Pete wants someone to coach, I'm good with it.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason i don't blame Bevell or his play calling. How can anyone succeed behind one of the worst Olines in the NFL? They Showed a stat a week or so ago that Wilson was getting pressure in an average of 2 seconds from the snap, no offense can function like that. They also say that 50% of the runs the RB are getting hit BEFORE the LoS. The Play action passing attack can't work if the QB has only 2 seconds before he is hit from the snap. He has to go through his fake and by the time he turns around he is on the ground or running for his life before even getting to look down the field.

These things are nothing new yet the Hawks offense over the years has been in the top half of the NFL. That in my eyes is AMAZING when you look at the Oline. How can a offense even function let alone have the success Seattle has had with those types of numbers?

Really makes me wonder how explosive this offense could be with a Oline that is middle of the pack.

The reason I don't like Bevell is he is so slow to make any adjustments. It's like he devises a game plan and that's what they're gonna do, they don't adapt to what the other team does. The example I always give was opening day last year against Miami. Their front was pressuring the entire first half, Wilson had zero time to throw. He'd do a 5 or 7 step drop and there was a guy right in his face. I said in the game thread at half that Bevell needed to make adjustments and call plays that get the ball out quicker. First series of the second half and what happens? Wilson drops back to pass has Suh in his face and he steps on his foot and Wilson twists his ankle. And IMO Wilson never did completely recover from that last year. Stuff like that is why I don't like Bevell. It's a dead horse and seeing as the interest in Bevell as a HC dried up, he's here as long as Pete is, so there's really no use complaining. But the guy just does not do well adjusting on the fly.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again what was the point of drafting him??
Again because the league doesn't end after 2017. We drafted other players who wont play much this season other than special teams as well, just like pretty much all of the other 31 teams.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess we didn't sign Albert? Fuck.

At this point, I would like to see them spend an entire draft on the OL!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Clayton give an update on the Albert situation yesterday afternoon, and the summary is the Giants and Seahawks are the 2 teams showing interest right now; Albert may be slow playing it in hopes a 3rd team emerges and/or he can tease more $ out of it. Clayton suspects if Albert is signed near term that he could be playing in the 29 Oct game vs Houston. I didn't come away thinking a signing was imminent, but I also didn't get the impression that talks have ended.

Clayton also doesn't think the Duane Brown option is out of the question. The Hawks would probably have to do some cap magic to make that work (maybe including Graham in the deal would suffice), but that's been done before.