• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks to workout Brandon Albert during Bye

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks Work Out Branden Albert

The hawks are looking to workout Branden Albert the former pro bowl LT. The reason being is that it looks like Luke Jockel might need surgery on his knee and if this happens he could miss a little bit of time. Its good we have our bye week for the coaches to figure things out. They say that if they dont sign albert they may just put Battle or Pocic at LG or move Rees into LG and put Tobin at LT.

If Albert isnt fat or out of shape and looks good I think this would be pretty good for our Oline. Really the only position that seems to not be progressing from what I see is the LT spot with Rees

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this workout actually happened earlier today. At least that's what the guys on 710 reported this afternoon.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reports are incorrect.

We actually brought in Braden Halpert, a 14 year old Junior Varsity volleyball player to play LG. Tom Cable says while young and completely inexperienced in any sort of contact sport, he believes he can coach him up to be an NFL offensive lineman.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why couldnt it have been our OL coach doing cocaine and sending video of it to a stripper???

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone other than Rees i believe is an upgrade lol. Do not get me wrong i think once he "LEARNS" how to play Tackle he will be ok but the man is a Guard trying to play Tackle. He is always looking inside first and you don't do that when you are on the edge.

He doesn't have Tackle mentality yet, he is stuck with the Guard mentality and that worries me. Is he just a very ( and i mean VERY) slow learner? or is his coaching just that bad? maybe a little of both.

Still think Tobin is the way to go at the LT right now, i can't seeing it being any worse than Rees's play and at least Tobin is a vet and understands stunts and how to counter them.

Left side starter Rees Odhiambo is the lowest ranked qualified tackle in the NFL according to Pro Football Focus, and starting right tackle Germain Ifedi isn’t rated much better.

Just cut that out of the linked article in the opening post. thats a major OUCH! Thats both left and right tackles put together and we have him starting on the blindside .... Ifedi needed to stay at guard. Nothing about his play last year even hinted at him being a OK Tackle.

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know this one! It's the coaching!

What did I win?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that the Hawks cut Jahri Evans who went on to have a good season and is now playing well for the Packers, and that Tom Cable somehow thought that Luke Joeckel was as good as any guard in the NFL last year, I highly doubt their ability to evaluate talent.

Honestly, the Seahawks offensive line is exceptionally bad. It seems that the edge rushers have the inability to even identify rushers. Many of Wilson's pressures on the edges aren't even due to the tackles getting beat physically, they don't even get a hand on the pass rusher. It's pathetic.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that the Hawks cut Jahri Evans who went on to have a good season and is now playing well for the Packers, and that Tom Cable somehow thought that Luke Joeckel was as good as any guard in the NFL last year, I highly doubt their ability to evaluate talent.

Honestly, the Seahawks offensive line is exceptionally bad. It seems that the edge rushers have the inability to even identify rushers. Many of Wilson's pressures on the edges aren't even due to the tackles getting beat physically, they don't even get a hand on the pass rusher. It's pathetic.

It seems that they don't know their blocking assignments on many occasions. Blitzs rarely get blocked properly.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that they don't know their blocking assignments on many occasions. Blitzs rarely get blocked properly.

Yeah, that's my biggest frustration. Frequently defenders go running free to Wilson. It's one thing if Joeckel gets beat by Aaron Donald - one of the best - but it's a complete different ballgame when one of our tackles lets an outside linebacker run untouched to the QB.

I know the Seahawks philosophy has been to draft athletically talented guys and coach them up, but that doesn't seem to be working. These guys aren't just getting beat physically, they're getting beat mentally. If they could even just get in the way of some of the opposing defenders, this team would be a lot better.

I'm really souring on Tom Cable. He has done some good things in his career, but mental lapses like this are inexcusable. The coach's job is to teach the mental part of the game, and these guys just don't seem to have it.

Reactions: MrS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's my biggest frustration. Frequently defenders go running free to Wilson. It's one thing if Joeckel gets beat by Aaron Donald - one of the best - but it's a complete different ballgame when one of our tackles lets an outside linebacker run untouched to the QB.

I know the Seahawks philosophy has been to draft athletically talented guys and coach them up, but that doesn't seem to be working. These guys aren't just getting beat physically, they're getting beat mentally. If they could even just get in the way of some of the opposing defenders, this team would be a lot better.

I'm really souring on Tom Cable. He has done some good things in his career, but mental lapses like this are inexcusable. The coach's job is to teach the mental part of the game, and these guys just don't seem to have it.

I'm starting to wonder myself. Part the problem is the constant shuffling due to injuries, really young and raw players.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder myself. Part the problem is the constant shuffling due to injuries, really young and raw players.

True, but we've been singing that song for a line time now. Britt, Okung and Unger are the only average to above average offensive linemen this team has had during the PC tenure, and Britt was garbage until he moved to center.

I'd imagine if that were the case, they would've improved by now when they largely haven't.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see people starting understand my frustration lol misery loves company.

Like i have stated it's one thing to see improvement it's a complete other thing to see regression and we have seen regression. Unger regressed Okung regressed both under Cable and we have seen very little improvement IF ANY AT ALL ever with him as the Oline coach.

Late in the game against the Colts the Hawks switched to man on man blocking with Lacy and they pounded out the first downs to seal the game ( well not seal it but to close it out lol ). I have said it before because we have seen it before. These guys seem better mano a mano.

Last edited:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reports are incorrect.

We actually brought in Braden Halpert, a 14 year old Junior Varsity volleyball player to play LG. Tom Cable says while young and completely inexperienced in any sort of contact sport, he believes he can coach him up to be an NFL offensive lineman.

I wouldn't underestimate the young Dunder Mifflin prodigy. Heard he once ran a 4.20 flat...from the copy room to Michael's office. Has a 50 inch vertical when jumping off a 40 inch ladder.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt Albert play in a ZBS? We need to sign this guy.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it, we just beat a real good time that had been 8-8 for what seems like forever. They drafted a QB that was supposedly horrible and a complete over draft. Their RB was a one year wonder that got figured out. Out goes the HC that everyone had all this respect for and in comes a young offensive wonder as the HC. Now all those pieces that most thought were deemed mediocre at best have become the #1 offense in a matter of months. At some point you have to look in the mirror. The one constant in the lineman carousel is Tom Cable, and the one constant in this stale offense is Darrell Bevell. It's time to stop blaming the Percy Harvins, Jimmy Grahams, Eddie Lacys, every lineman over the past 5 years, etc. We are at the point where it's no longer about those pieces not fitting our system, and rather admitting that its the system that's broken. I'm tired of pointing the finger at the players, our offense needs to become the Rams.......did I just say that? As long as PC continues to put this offensive system out there he is accepting them for who they are and that's discouraging.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable is a real head scratcher for real, but I almost want to give Bevell a pass because I feel he just does what Carroll tells him to do. I said almost though. There is 'The Play'.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been harping on cable for years and got a lot of flack for it

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was so excited when they signed Evans. I thought that was going to be a big improvement. And then we cut him.... and then he played well for someone else. smh.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason i don't blame Bevell or his play calling. How can anyone succeed behind one of the worst Olines in the NFL? They Showed a stat a week or so ago that Wilson was getting pressure in an average of 2 seconds from the snap, no offense can function like that. They also say that 50% of the runs the RB are getting hit BEFORE the LoS. The Play action passing attack can't work if the QB has only 2 seconds before he is hit from the snap. He has to go through his fake and by the time he turns around he is on the ground or running for his life before even getting to look down the field.

These things are nothing new yet the Hawks offense over the years has been in the top half of the NFL. That in my eyes is AMAZING when you look at the Oline. How can a offense even function let alone have the success Seattle has had with those types of numbers?

Really makes me wonder how explosive this offense could be with a Oline that is middle of the pack.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been harping on cable for years and got a lot of flack for it

Are you sure you have not been reading responses to my posts and thinking they were aimed at you? lol

i don't think anyone has caught as much flak as i have. I have been beating this dead horse for over 3 years and have lost a lot of respect from posters on this board because i wouldn't let up on it. Yeah i am bitter. Every day i would ask myself how do these people NOT see it so now that peoples eyes have been opened all be it VERY VERY slowly i feel justified.

Now only if the Bevell haters could see the ROOT of the problem not just one of the symptoms caused by it.