• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks badly exposed

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that, Wilson has been put at risk, but I don't want to judge after 1 game how bad the line is, we have some new pieces upfront so I want to see if they grow as the season rolls on ... I would say by the 2nd quarter of the season we'll know more...

Well that's a reasonable approach. First half of the season is going to be rough on the OL. Got @ Tennessee, @ LA Rams, @ NY Giants, then a home game against the Texans. Some mighty good D lines in that group.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks only gave up 17 points on the road against the best QB in the NFL in a stadium we never play well in while the defense was on the field for almost 40 minutes.

I actually expected this loss to be worse.

The offensive line is certainly a big issue, but I think this could be the best defense that the Hawks have ever had. I'm not concerned at all. This game went better than expected to me. If they stay healthy, I'm unsure if the Seahawks will give up more than 24 points in a game this year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks only gave up 17 points on the road against the best QB in the NFL in a stadium we never play well in while the defense was on the field for almost 40 minutes.

The offensive line is certainly a big issue, but I think this could be the best defense that the Hawks have ever had. I'm not concerned at all. This game went better than expected to me. If they stay healthy, I'm unsure if the Seahawks will give up more than 24 points in a game this year.
The defense looks awesome to me. Going to win some games solely with the defense dominating teams.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

12 first downs? is that "better than expected"?

either GB has an all time great D too, or our offense is among the worst in the league.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've had 3 years of games, and they've regressed.

They are putting Wilson at risk.

So what's the real life, right now solution? Fire the coaches? Hire whom? Be specific please.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense looks awesome to me. Going to win some games solely with the defense dominating teams.

I agree. Had Jeremy Lane not been flagged, and the obvious DPI on Jimmy Graham on 3rd and goal been called, we'd be having a much different discussion right now. On paper, this was our most challenging game of the season with the exception of @ Dallas perhaps.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 first downs? is that "better than expected"?

either GB has an all time great D too, or our offense is among the worst in the league.

I thought Green Bay would win by 13+

We lost 10-38 there last year. Packers now are better than they were last year, IMO. Our defense is improved, but I think we know what our issues are. For whatever reason, we seem to start the year off slowly on offense every year.

I'm not all that concerned. I think this will be our worst loss all year.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Green Bay would win by 13+

We lost 10-38 there last year. Packers now are better than they were last year, IMO. Our defense is improved, but I think we know what our issues are. For whatever reason, we seem to start the year off slowly on offense every year.

I'm not all that concerned. I think this will be our worst loss all year.

Green Bay's defense against Seahawks is the template for every other team's D.

Let's hope Wilson stays healthy in this 3rd or 4th year of building the O-Line.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots of teams have OL problems. Pretty sure Packers fans weren't happy seeing Rogers getting that beating.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the real life, right now solution? Fire the coaches? Hire whom? Be specific please.

You ask me for solutions when the Seahawk's brain trust has had the draft, the off season, free agency, training camp and 4 preseason games to work it out and they wind up with this pitiful bunch of O-Line imposters?

I have no answer for you other than to fire Cable and Bevel, and put Schneider and Carroll on notice.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of teams have OL problems. Pretty sure Packers fans weren't happy seeing Rogers getting that beating.

I saw that, point taken.

I'm more worried about Wilson taking a bigger beating, and most of you on here are poo-pooing that.

On the first page of the Seattle Times Sports section, Wilson looks concussed or at least is wincing in pain.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ask me for solutions when the Seahawk's brain trust has had the draft, the off season, free agency, training camp and 4 preseason games to work it out and they wind up with this pitiful bunch of O-Line imposters?

I have no answer for you other than to fire Cable and Bevel, and put Schneider and Carroll on notice.

Right, so you've got nothing. Noted.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be fair, I'm Mr. Grumpy-pants because we've been having this exact same discussion for 3 plus years. I'm not married to Bevell and/or Cable. If they're going to fire them, I just want them to hire someone either

1. established and better
2. young up and comer and better.

The only time to do that is during the off-season.

So to call for it in the first half of the first game of the season is just noise designed to make you feel better. Meh. It's not about your feelings. Or mine.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, he's worried about RW. Think we all know keeping RW healthy is important. Unfortunately OLs around the league suck eggs. I'd say 70% of the league have a OL problem. There isn't no magic to change that any time soon.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give me the timeline from end of Super Bowl until now, access to scouting reports and all the time in between February or now for an answer. But you want one now. Of course.

Based upon what I see so far its a shit festival.

Trade Lacy for a stick of gum.

Trade Graham for an O-lineman and draft picks.

Fire Bevel and Cable.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me the timeline from end of Super Bowl until now, access to scouting reports and all the time in between February or now for an answer. But you want one now. Of course.

Fire Bevel and Cable.

Face reality, good OL are not available in a trade. Everyone beating that drum is being unrealistic.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fire Bevel and Cable.

Well that's why I followed up with another post, you're complaining about it right now. If you say you want B+C fired in the off-season, that's a reasonable discussion to have.

Why is some team going to give us a stud O-lineman for a guy who is a FA this offseason?

That's simply NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

It's a nice fantasy, that's it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They didn't do anything creative, scheme wise. They didn't "expose" some hidden philosophical flaw in the Seahawks offensive game plan. They simply generated a great pass rush on the interior and exterior. Mike Daniels man-handled his way into Seattle's backfield at will, and Nick Perry wrecked whichever tackle he was going up against.

Get a great rush on the interior and exterior is a template that can always be applied to the Seahawks. There's a reason why we've struggled against the Rams so much in the Russ-era. This "template" goes back years.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's why I followed up with another post, you're complaining about it right now. If you say you want B+C fired in the off-season, that's a reasonable discussion to have.

Why is some team going to give us a stud O-lineman for a guy who is a FA this offseason?

That's simply NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

It's a nice fantasy, that's it.

This should have been a Seahawks priority for the last 3 years running.

My point is it should have been resolved by now, or the right people are not managing the organization.

That this is still a matter of glaring need and concern is telling, IMO.

What have they been doing all these years to address it?

Be specific, please.