• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks badly exposed

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cant get any worse honestly, so to claim firing the offensive staff would lead to 4-12 is just dumb.

A fresh take and an OC with a brain could make something out of this offense.

And its time to start talking to cleveland about a graham-joe thomas swap. They need a reciever and we need OL.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent alone on this team is enough to win our sad division and overcome the poor schemes as evident for the last few years, but its not enough to get us over the top anymore with such a lackluster offense. This team has to have HFA to move forward in the playoffs and i'm not sure we'll get it. I feel a lot less comfortable with this team after Sunday and a win against the hapless Niners isnt going to change that. Can and will Pete abandon this sad offensive plan? Guess we'll find out. If not,,,,Groundhog Day from last year.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wont have hfa or a bye, we will have one home playoff game and then get our asses handed to us in the divisional round like we always do.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things aside, I dont think we'll have it either. 10-6 is what I predict this season. Maybe 11-5 and that wont be enough.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent alone on this team is enough to win our sad division and overcome the poor schemes as evident for the last few years, but its not enough to get us over the top anymore with such a lackluster offense. This team has to have HFA to move forward in the playoffs and i'm not sure we'll get it. I feel a lot less comfortable with this team after Sunday and a win against the hapless Niners isnt going to change that. Can and will Pete abandon this sad offensive plan? Guess we'll find out. If not,,,,Groundhog Day from last year.

Let's give it a little more time, we can't judge all of this from just 1 game ... It's not like the Packers suck, that's a tough place for anyone to get a win ... Keep in mind also offenses usually take a little while to find there rhythm, defenses have the edge early in the season... We gotta give it like 6-8 games and we'll start knowing more...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's give it a little more time, we can't judge all of this from just 1 game ... It's not like the Packers suck, that's a tough place for anyone to get a win ... Keep in mind also offenses usually take a little while to find there rhythm, defenses have the edge early in the season... We gotta give it like 6-8 games and we'll start knowing more...

Said everyone in 2015, 2016, and now 2017.

Its not one game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cant get any worse honestly, so to claim firing the offensive staff would lead to 4-12 is just dumb.

A fresh take and an OC with a brain could make something out of this offense.

And its time to start talking to cleveland about a graham-joe thomas swap. They need a reciever and we need OL.

Couple years ago the Browns were dumping salary and considered trading Thomas for two first round picks. That time has passed. They are know spending all that cap space improving their OL. So they are not going to trade Joe Thomas, so quit bringing his name up.

To say it couldn't get worse is plum crazy talk. It could easily get much worse.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent alone on this team is enough to win our sad division

Uh, have you paid any attention to the Cardinals and Rams?

Rams easily handled Seattle under that loser coach Jeff Fisher. Held them to just 3 points in a game last year.
Now they have a better offensive scheme and their defense is still solid.

Cardinals? They beat the Seahawks twice, and held Seahawks to 6 points and a tie last year.

How is this division sad?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The OL struggled certainly and that has to improve.

But our defense held the best QB in the universe to one TD drive. On the road. Our DL got constant pressure. Shaq Griffin could become the best RCB we've had in this era AS ROOKIE!

I honestly believe that things could have been different had they simply started Carson yesterday.

Agreed along with running the ball more often... 29 passes to 16 rushes when we want to establish the run... I'd understand that if we're down by a few scores in the 2nd half but in a close game the entire game... I didn't get that unbalanced rationale...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks only gave up 17 points on the road against the best QB in the NFL in a stadium we never play well in while the defense was on the field for almost 40 minutes. .

Not going to really count the fumble by the offense that put GB on the 4 against our D... In boxscore, yes but they basically held GB in check for 10 points in Lambeau... That's impressive...

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The oline still stinks! The refs still bet on GB. But if you look at yards or points per minute of possession maybe there is a silver lining. They need to fire the parking lot attendant or a janitor just to let everyone know this shit won't be tolerated!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone is high on Carson and really down on Lacy. However Lacy has always been a slow starter due to being out of shape, usually by game 4 or 5 he starts rolling and he's a force when in shape and healthy. Also Rawls had a good off season....right up until he sprained his ankle. He should be good to go next week. I would hold the roll on Carson, doubt he ends up being the workhorse short of injuries.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to really count the fumble by the offense that put GB on the 4 against our D... In boxscore, yes but they basically held GB in check for 10 points in Lambeau... That's impressive...

its very impressive, problem is our offense can only score 9 points due to the incapability of bevell calling anything that works in the redzone.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone is high on Carson and really down on Lacy. However Lacy has always been a slow starter due to being out of shape, usually by game 4 or 5 he starts rolling and he's a force when in shape and healthy. Also Rawls had a good off season....right up until he sprained his ankle. He should be good to go next week. I would hold the roll on Carson, doubt he ends up being the workhorse short of injuries.

Also his runs had worse run-blocking than Carson's. If I recall, there were a few stretch plays the Seahawks ran outside the tackles with Carson that were blocked pretty well. Most of the runs to Lacy were given were between the tackles and going nowhere before Lacy even got the ball.

Seahawks didn't have many opportunities to run it. I expect a lot more opportunities against the 49ers. I still expect the carries are going to be split between Rawls and Lacy primarily, with Prosise coming in on passing downs.

Carson probably won't get too many carries while Lacy, Rawls and Prosise are healthy, although Prosise and Rawls' health is far from certain.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also his runs had worse run-blocking than Carson's. If I recall, there were a few stretch plays the Seahawks ran outside the tackles with Carson that were blocked pretty well. Most of the runs to Lacy were given were between the tackles and going nowhere before Lacy even got the ball.

Seahawks didn't have many opportunities to run it. I expect a lot more opportunities against the 49ers. I still expect the carries are going to be split between Rawls and Lacy primarily, with Prosise coming in on passing downs.

Carson probably won't get too many carries while Lacy, Rawls and Prosise are healthy, although Prosise and Rawls' health is far from certain.

Exactly how I see it. Injuries being the wild card.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me the timeline from end of Super Bowl until now, access to scouting reports and all the time in between February or now for an answer. But you want one now. Of course.

Based upon what I see so far its a shit festival.

Trade Lacy for a stick of gum.

Trade Graham for an O-lineman and draft picks.

Fire Bevel and Cable.
Buddy, I agree with your posts almost all of the time.
We are all bummed about the game, but it is only game one and on the road against a strong contender. Swapping an OC or a OL coach at this point could put us back further than we are right now. This week we get a great chance to improve, we better.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Giants/Cowboys game highlights. One QB gets to stand back behind his O line and pick and choose what to do. The other is under constant duress.

I want Russ to have a good O-line too. What would he throw for behind that Boys O-line?

But the history is what the history is. We paid for our D with our O-line, and while we're attempting to fix our issues, we've struggled with that. Fant getting hurt was the latest 'oh shit' moment.
Twue, very twue.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buddy, I agree with your posts almost all of the time.
We are all bummed about the game, but it is only game one and on the road against a strong contender. Swapping an OC or a OL coach at this point could put us back further than we are right now. This week we get a great chance to improve, we better.

They are facing stronger defenses and I'm feeling that Seahawks management is complacent and over confident.

I'm praying Russell Wilson can stay healthy behind a bunch of O-Line imposters.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of agree with that but looking at preseason, Lacy had a whopping 3.6 ypc so it's not like he did much in preseason either... Albeit, week 1 is too soon to throw players under the bus but I don't think lacy is any better than a #3 or #4 guy on our team of RB's...