• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2018 offseason thread

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's been pretty tough to find playing time ahead of the fairly stable nucleus of starters on the defensive side for the last handful of years. With some of the more familiar names departing this off-season, the unproven guys from "bad" recent drafts should get a better shot.

And it's also been difficult evaluating RBs the last couple seasons due to how bad the line has been.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's been pretty tough to find playing time ahead of the fairly stable nucleus of starters on the defensive side for the last handful of years. With some of the more familiar names departing this off-season, the unproven guys from "bad" recent drafts should get a better shot.

And it's also been difficult evaluating RBs the last couple seasons due to how bad the line has been.

These are good points. I don't necessarily consider the departure of Sherman/Bennett/Richardson to be game breaking on D. Wagner is still the best ILB (yep, he passed Keuchley) in the league and Thomas is a top 3 FS. Griffin was nearly above average according to PFF (78 rating) as a CB last year and McDougald also played very well. We don't need $50M locked up in the secondary to have a good defense and that was a stupid idea to begin with.

My concern is Seattle's whiffs on the O-Line. We've actually spent quite a bit of picks and money on the O-Line and it's produced zero results outside of MAYBE Britt who regressed in 2017 compared to 2016. He's a VERY average Center. That said, I believe Cable was a HUGE part of the problem and that no good waste of space is gone... so I'm optimistic.

It does suck the Cards got Pugh though... :(

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks trade conditional 7th round pick in 2020 to Cleveland for CB C.J. Smith

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks trade conditional 7th round pick in 2020 to Cleveland for CB C.J. Smith

Hawks have done pretty well with DBs, can't complain. Justin Coleman performed really well and I think we gave up a 7th rounder for him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks sign D.J. Fluker

Seahawks agree to terms with ex-Giant D.J. Fluker

PFF has him rated as the #56 guard in the NFL for 2017.

And the Giants line was really awful all the way around. They also had zip at RB, and both OBJ & Brandon Marshall barely played. Their offense was a total dumpster fire with zero players worth mentioning at the skills positions.

I think it is interesting that NYG's OL coach is now ours, and I have to think he would not advocate for Fluker if he didnt think he could play.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Giants line was really awful all the way around. They also had zip at RB, and both OBJ & Brandon Marshall barely played. Their offense was a total dumpster fire with zero players worth mentioning at the skills positions.

I think it is interesting that NYG's OL coach is now ours, and I have to think he would not advocate for Fluker if he didnt think he could play.

Valid point.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's that #17 rank in the run that has Seattle interested in him. And since they want to run the ball a lot more than the Giants did last year - that should be a big positive for them. But, we'll see.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm just tired of seeing Russell Wilson get his head smashed into the turf every other drop back.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Willson signs with the Lions.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Willson signs with the Lions.
Reportedly for peanuts. Must be attracted by proximity to home, or maybe it's more of a reflection of low market interest.

I liked Luke W, but it's not like he was a devastating blocker whose 15 catches a year will be missed all that much. Good luck to him.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reportedly for peanuts. Must be attracted by proximity to home, or maybe it's more of a reflection of low market interest.

I liked Luke W, but it's not like he was a devastating blocker whose 15 catches a year will be missed all that much. Good luck to him.

Hometown was definitely a big part and being a Lions fan growing up. Also being told he would be the starter going into the season. He had a better offer from another team but did not like their QB :)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I had a soft spot for him as a token Canuck. But he never wowed me to where I'm going to lose sleep over him going to Detroit.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hometown was definitely a big part and being a Lions fan growing up. Also being told he would be the starter going into the season. He had a better offer from another team but did not like their QB :)

Because LaSalle is near Detroit
Yeah, I had a soft spot for him as a token Canuck. But he never wowed me to where I'm going to lose sleep over him going to Detroit.

Same

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Suh actually visit with us? He just canceled his Oakland trip to return to Portlandia and review his options, but the article I saw on nfl.com didn't list the Hawks as one of the teams he has visited. It's not the end of the world if he doesn't sign here, but I cannot even think about him paired up with Aaron Donald.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Suh actually visit with us? He just canceled his Oakland trip to return to Portlandia and review his options, but the article I saw on nfl.com didn't list the Hawks as one of the teams he has visited. It's not the end of the world if he doesn't sign here, but I cannot even think about him paired up with Aaron Donald.

I would be shocked if the Seahawks offered him anywhere close to the highest bid. And regardless of what Suh claims, it's going to be all about the money for him. This is his last payday.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if the Seahawks offered him anywhere close to the highest bid. And regardless of what Suh claims, it's going to be all about the money for him. This is his last payday.
I would be shocked as well, but how much value would you place on not having to face him 2x a year with the Rams? If you put him next to Aaron Donald and line them up against our OL, I truly fear for RW's life.

And what becomes of our DL if we don't have all of Avril, Bennett, Richardson, McDowell and don't get Suh? We have already lost 2 of those 4 and stand a great chance of not seeing the other 2 as well. I think we are in a very tough spot on the DL.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they will certainly chuck it around a lot more in Detroit than we will here in Seattle, so maybe he is going benefit from that in terms of individual production. I don't really see it as a difficult task to replace him here, however. He's never been more than a backup, does not stand out as a blocker, and he's got pretty average hands.