• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saturday

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are playing on Saturday, likely hosting Cincy. what are your plans on watching the game? How many of you will be there?

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully its a night game. i work 12 to 5.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are playing on Saturday, likely hosting Cincy. what are your plans on watching the game? How many of you will be there?

I'll be in Costa Rica, and I just confirmed that my slingbox works -- in case I can't watch live, I can DVR it and watch at my leisure. Ditto the Niners game Sunday.

I heart technology.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'll be in Costa Rica, and I just confirmed that my slingbox works -- in case I can't watch live, I can DVR it and watch at my leisure. Ditto the Niners game Sunday.

I heart technology.

Didn't you attend the Niners game in Minnesota? The only loss? Maybe you should just enjoy Costa Rica, and leave the game watching to us.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you attend the Niners game in Minnesota? The only loss? Maybe you should just enjoy Costa Rica, and leave the game watching to us.

:heh:

tz, can we just text you once the game is over so that you can do your thing without having a direct impact on the game??? Enjoy Costa Rica bro, I've heard it's awesome. I plan to go there next year.

I don't know, but I agree with sfsf, I hope it starts around 5pm or 6pm. I got some yard work to do and a gazebo to build. If it starts later, I can get that stuff done and still get a BBQ in. Unfortunately, all of my hardcore Giants fan friends are all up in San Mateo and San Francisco. Fresno is a mixed bag of Giant/Dodger fans and I think a lot of them switch allegiances (blech) on whoever is doing better at the time.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tz, can we just text you once the game is over so that you can do your thing without having a direct impact on the game??? Enjoy Costa Rica bro, I've heard it's awesome. I plan to go there next year.

I don't know, but I agree with sfsf, I hope it starts around 5pm or 6pm. I got some yard work to do and a gazebo to build. If it starts later, I can get that stuff done and still get a BBQ in. Unfortunately, all of my hardcore Giants fan friends are all up in San Mateo and San Francisco. Fresno is a mixed bag of Giant/Dodger fans and I think a lot of them switch allegiances (blech) on whoever is doing better at the time.

Well, at least they will be Giants fans this postseason...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My wife is out of town, learning how to walk on people's backs, so I'll be at some friends' place, BBQing and drinking in a manner commensurate for such an occasion. Go Giants!

P.S. There is certain to be at least one Dodger fan at said BBQ. Bonus.:dhd:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is out of town, learning how to walk on people's backs, so I'll be at some friends' place, BBQing and drinking in a manner commensurate for such an occasion. Go Giants!

P.S. There is certain to be at least one Dodger fan at said BBQ. Bonus.:dhd:

Hmmm. Isn't cannibalism forbidden in California? One less Dodger fan has to be a good thing, right? :dance:

BTW, at a recent civic event, I heard this, "Oh yes, we have having the pastor for dinner this Saturday." Poor guy.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you looked at the attendance thread? I'm like 485 - 6 this year attending Giants games. You should be taking up a collection to fly me BACK for the weekend.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why I got slingbox. I think Liberia is two hours ahead of SF, so the game will start around 7-730 local time. In other words "Don't even THINK about not coming to dinner with the family" time. With slingbox, I can access my TiVo whenever...and it's unlikely anybody is going to tell me the score. I anticipate watching games 1 and 2 several hours after they're played. And coming on here afterward.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. Isn't cannibalism forbidden in California? One less Dodger fan has to be a good thing, right? :dance:

BTW, at a recent civic event, I heard this, "Oh yes, we have having the pastor for dinner this Saturday." Poor guy.

I've often thought the same thing when people talk about battered women -- duh, everybody knows they're better sauteed. :laugh::laugh:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you looked at the attendance thread? I'm like 485 - 6 this year attending Giants games. You should be taking up a collection to fly me BACK for the weekend.

My winning percentage is better than yours...

:finger:

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy Costa Rica bro, I've heard it's awesome. I plan to go there next year.

It's almost 3 different countries : the west coast is completely different from the east coast, and the highlands are completely different from both. Culturally, weather, natural beauty, pests, everything.

I hope you've taken all your inoculations (especially hep-A) and have your malaria meds (depending on which part of the country you're going to). I have a friend who got malaria - it generally doesn't kill you anymore (with modern medicinal treatment after getting it), but it knocks you on your ass for YEARS (relapses).

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's why I got slingbox. I think Liberia is two hours ahead of SF, so the game will start around 7-730 local time. In other words "Don't even THINK about not coming to dinner with the family" time. With slingbox, I can access my TiVo whenever...and it's unlikely anybody is going to tell me the score. I anticipate watching games 1 and 2 several hours after they're played. And coming on here afterward.

I just now remembered that I'll be in Mallorca, so I guess I'll have to follow the game live at the local Mallorca hooters (roughly 3AM local time). Look for my posts.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost 3 different countries : the west coast is completely different from the east coast, and the highlands are completely different from both. Culturally, weather, natural beauty, pests, everything.

I hope you've taken all your inoculations (especially hep-A) and have your malaria meds (depending on which part of the country you're going to). I have a friend who got malaria - it generally doesn't kill you anymore (with modern medicinal treatment after getting it), but it knocks you on your ass for YEARS (relapses).

Huh. Hadn't thought about that. I'm staying at the Four Seasons, and have four nieces all 7 yo or younger. My bro-in-law is a doctor, and nobody's mentioned this. Thanks for the heads up.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just now remembered that I'll be in Mallorca, so I guess I'll have to follow the game live at the local Mallorca hooters (roughly 3AM local time). Look for my posts.

Excellent! I'll hop on the private jet and join you -- so long as you don't wear your cap sideways and stay off my lawn! :pops:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Excellent! I'll hop on the private jet and join you -- so long as you don't wear your cap sideways and stay off my lawn! :pops:

Great! I'll take you on a tour of my olive ranch.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh. Hadn't thought about that. I'm staying at the Four Seasons, and have four nieces all 7 yo or younger. My bro-in-law is a doctor, and nobody's mentioned this. Thanks for the heads up.

I didn't actually look anything up before posting - I know several people who have been to Costa Rica in the past 3-4 years. According to the CDC :
Health Information for Travelers to Costa Rica - Travelers' Health - CDC

They recommend HepA, HepB, and Typhoid (I didn't know about typhoid). The typhoid recommendation has a "unless you restrict your meals to well-known hotels and restaurants", and I would say that the 4 seasons qualifies. Your nieces (if they are all over 2) should have had their HepA and hepB shots already (unless their parents are "no shots for MY kids" crazy). HepA is kind of an important shot because it is very hardy, and lives on counter surfaces for DAYS, and is often spread by food preparers with the disease and a cut or sore on their hands - so stay away from raw foods (lettuce salads, cut fruit, cold grain salads). And don't eat in hole-in-the-wall places. I got my shots for HepA about 10 years ago - my doctor asked why I wanted it (he wasn't going to give me the shots) until I told him that I go to places like Honduras and Indonesia for SCUBA diving about once a year. He immediately reversed his objections and gave me the shots. HepB isn't as much of a problem IMHO , it's more a blood-to-blood transmission (or sex). HepA is scary because you can get it eating a salad that was prepared on a surface where *yesterday* somebody with hepA bled on the counter.

Malaria is currently only called out in Limón Province (but not Limón city), so if you aren't going there, don't worry. Also just bring a good, strong supply of mosquito repellant (high DEET content, over 30%). Although everybody seems to be worried about chemicals, no study has ever shown a problem with DEET (and this after several 100s of thousands of GIs have been using it since the Vietnam war, often in pure concentrations for months on end, over the last 50 years).

Yellow Fever & Malaria Information, by Country - Chapter 3 - 2012 Yellow Book - Travelers' Health - CDC