• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Safety - Landon Collins

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you draft he Iowa kid that would mean the Skins have totally gave up on Moses and Long.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you are in for a big disappointment Shark b/c the online will only have one change next year. Williams, Leavou, Litch, Long over Chester and a new RT. Maybe Moses. I could see them drafting all defense in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

And I could see that being a huge mistake. Moses was a waste of a perfectly good pick.

Long couldnt beat out Chester whom you all say is junk.

Also add in the fact that Moses might not even be ready for the season much less training camp. Not to mention fully half the board at some point or another has suggested cutting Lava.

But you are probably right and they will fuck it up as usual and take the sexy pick... after all its what we do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you draft he Iowa kid that would mean the Skins have totally gave up on Moses and Long.

and ? so what ? if they cant cut it then so be it

and in longs place it could be lavou who walks in time

i do know this moses wont have many reps at all this off season and most of TC . in fact he is more likely to live on the pup then anything else maybe even IR

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I could see that being a huge mistake. Moses was a waste of a perfectly good pick.

Long couldnt beat out Chester whom you all say is junk.

Also add in the fact that Moses might not even be ready for the season much less training camp. Not to mention fully half the board at some point or another has suggested cutting Lava.

But you are probably right and they will fuck it up as usual and take the sexy pick... after all its what we do.

hard for me to call a NT at 5 a "sexy " pick

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is a NT a sexy pick? If they take a WR its a sexy pick not nt. Chester is going to get cut b/c of money. Long will get the job. Moses status is up in the air but you cant give up on the guy after one year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call it the sexy pick because every one and their mother who follows the draft is calling Shelton a cant miss. And the Skins have been one of the few teams that have made a habit of screwing up the cant miss pick. To me it would be more a pick for show than substance considering what I expect from the defense any way.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can address the OL without reaching on the 5th pick. Besides we do not know how they really feel about Moses and Long. Or putting a rookie in front of a fragile QB. Their plan could be to sign a FA or 2, then see what they have in the young guys.

I'm not suggesting they don't draft OL, just the opposite. I'd like to see ideally several picked through the 5th round. But if they have a chance to draft an impact defensive player, be it Ray or Shelton or whomever, I like that move way better.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will get'1 to 2 olineman in fa source common sense

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing i will say is take the BPA . that should be the focus

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also beasley got bigger faster and stronger . he could be a top 5 pick too for us

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can address the OL without reaching on the 5th pick. Besides we do not know how they really feel about Moses and Long. Or putting a rookie in front of a fragile QB. Their plan could be to sign a FA or 2, then see what they have in the young guys.

I'm not suggesting they don't draft OL, just the opposite. I'd like to see ideally several picked through the 5th round. But if they have a chance to draft an impact defensive player, be it Ray or Shelton or whomever, I like that move way better.

As I have been saying, you all want the sexy IMPACT player on draft day. And generally its the same people who made excuses for the QB, the primary excuse being the line sucked.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have been saying, you all want the sexy IMPACT player on draft day. And generally its the same people who made excuses for the QB, the primary excuse being the line sucked.

we need help on both sides of the LOS either pick will help us

but i dont want to draft a guy so and "excuse" cant be used on a message board

as i see it there is depth at o/line, d/line , olb rb and wr

my thoughts are the offense is further along and possibly easier to fix so o/line could be the pick

but if scherff isnt a better football player then shelton then i say pick shelton , if scherff is the better player then take him

but i dont want us to draft an internet man crush either

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need help on both sides of the LOS either pick will help us

but i dont want to draft a guy so and "excuse" cant be used on a message board

as i see it there is depth at o/line, d/line , olb rb and wr

my thoughts are the offense is further along and possibly easier to fix so o/line could be the pick

but if scherff isnt a better football player then shelton then i say pick shelton , if scherff is the better player then take him

but i dont want us to draft an internet man crush either

Its not about the excuse on the message board. Its about the excuse in the board room. And i agree the offense is closer to being fixed. And I happen to think that there are times when the supposed better football player isnt the best thing for what your team needs. This may in fact be one of those cases.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again Shark you make it sound like the only way to fix the OL is to reach on draft day and use the 5th overall pick. NOBODY is saying they don't want to upgrade the OL, Hell we've been all screaming for it for years. But, this just in, the defense was worse than the OL and you can find a good RT any number of ways. Drafting an impact player on draft day is not sexy, it's not for splash. It's kind of smart actually.

As for your last post you are clearly suggesting they reach to fill a need by taking a lesser player. This is a bad strategy for a good team. For a team this bad with this many holes it is nothing short of a disastrous strategy.

Fortunately our GM feels the same way. They will be drafting the best player available.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Shark you make it sound like the only way to fix the OL is to reach on draft day and use the 5th overall pick. NOBODY is saying they don't want to upgrade the OL, Hell we've been all screaming for it for years. But, this just in, the defense was worse than the OL and you can find a good RT any number of ways. Drafting an impact player on draft day is not sexy, it's not for splash. It's kind of smart actually.

As for your last post you are clearly suggesting they reach to fill a need by taking a lesser player. This is a bad strategy for a good team. For a team this bad with this many holes it is nothing short of a disastrous strategy.

Fortunately our GM feels the same way. They will be drafting the best player available.

the BPA is the way to go in my opinion. to me i would be thrilled with either guy or beasley

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That depends on what you consider a reach. My opinion is that either of the top two OTs in this draft would not be a reach. Both have the skill set this o-line currently needs. And as I have stated, I dont care if you put Godzilla at NT and Jason Vorhese as a pass rusher, the defense is going to suck ass this year regardless. We dont have the resources to fix both lines in one off season. The offensive side of the ball is more complete and missing LESS pieces at the moment. Fix the Offense through the draft and worry about the defense next year and if we are fucking lucky, fixing the line might allow us to find a QB out of the group we have.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That depends on what you consider a reach. My opinion is that either of the top two OTs in this draft would not be a reach. Both have the skill set this o-line currently needs. And as I have stated, I dont care if you put Godzilla at NT and Jason Vorhese as a pass rusher, the defense is going to suck ass this year regardless. We dont have the resources to fix both lines in one off season. The offensive side of the ball is more complete and missing LESS pieces at the moment. Fix the Offense through the draft and worry about the defense next year and if we are fucking lucky, fixing the line might allow us to find a QB out of the group we have.

You said 2 posts ago that sometimes you should take a lesser player if it fits your teams needs better. As Dad has said more times than Rain man said Judge Wapner the way to get the most out of your draft is to take the best players.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love reading these debates, and appreciate everyone's opinions. However - finally - I don't think it really matters since the Redskins now have a proven GM. I believe over the next several years they could go in numerous directions & many of the moves will tick off fans & not align to many of your thoughts. That is how it generally works & teams like the Pats have been criticized many times in the past for moves that work out great long term.

Should be fun. I have a lot of faith in the current FO - if it doesn't work out in the next 2-3 years then I will probably totally give up hope for this team.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I stand as of 2.23.15.....very fluid.lol
A) Williams
B) Trade down Scherff
C) Ray
D) Scherff
E) Trade all the way down, take Collins and maybe get a future 1st as well as pair him with a Prewitt.
F) Shelton
G) Fowler
H) Gregory
I) White
J) Cooper

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out that some of us are actually hoping they actually invest in the O-line FINALLY. I would prefer they slightly over draft a guy like Schreff and fix the fucking line finally. Rather than go for the draft day party celeb and half way through the season hear all the excuses about the line for yet ANOTHER year.

lol, That's covered in #4.

If we trade down, I'm betting we get a mid first and high 2nd.
Almost sure an O-line would be addressed there. Oh and Shark I truly believe this is IT for RGIII, not even the baby can save him. Either go 9-7 or find a new employer