• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Safety - Landon Collins

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c there is no olineman worth a top 10 pick. There is no Robinson or Matthews in this draft. Why reach?

Your opinion and you are welcome to it. Few years back I didnt think there was a QB worth the #2 pick let alone what we gave up for him. But I will wager yet another shiny new quarter that at least ONE O-lineman gets picked in the top ten.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I have ZERO faith in the defense NOT being worse than last year, I would sooner see us get 1-2 starters for the O-line and worry about getting the flashy defensive picks next year. And considering that half the people saying they hope we take Shelton are also the same people that want to cut 4 out of 5 of our O-line starters, Im surprised more people arent hoping we take O-line early and often.

again this is a deep draft at o/line so we will see. and the defense may take some time to come together and perhaps a few drafts . the least if my concerns is if the are playoff ready next year

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Giants at #9. I should of said top #5. In a league where offensive lineman are overvalued its not a good year for elite olineman as for right now. Obviously anything could happen but Shelton and Fowler are very safe and we would be foolish to pass them up.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again this is a deep draft at o/line so we will see. and the defense may take some time to come together and perhaps a few drafts . the least if my concerns is if the are playoff ready next year

Agreed, how ever if the offense sucks because we have no line ( the running theme around here after all) and the defense performs as I expect irrespective of the shiny new DT, do you really think Jay or Joe will keep their jobs?? Best thing for this team right now is to seriously commit to fixing the line. As much as it pains me to say it, Dallas did it right, and we would be lucky to even half imitate what they did considering that the last two lineman they took were both considered to be reaches, and yet they helped give them the division.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark if we sign Bulaga it changes everything.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark if we sign Bulaga it changes everything.

Fuck Bulaga, stop signing other peoples injury prone over priced cast offs. And if he is that good, why would GreenBay let him get out the door to begin with?? The difference here is, you hope they sign him so they can make the sexy pick come draft day. I hope they dont to increase the chances they do something SMART with the #5 pick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, how ever if the offense sucks because we have no line ( the running theme around here after all) and the defense performs as I expect irrespective of the shiny new DT, do you really think Jay or Joe will keep their jobs?? Best thing for this team right now is to seriously commit to fixing the line. As much as it pains me to say it, Dallas did it right, and we would be lucky to even half imitate what they did considering that the last two lineman they took were both considered to be reaches, and yet they helped give them the division.

i think you have to stick to drafting the best players regardless of position and leave the politics out . the fans will accept a rebuild as long as they see progress and hence grudens and barry's job should be safe and we do need to concentrate on fixing the o/line but this is a deep draft for o/lineman and we can get quality guys later if needed. the question that needs to be answered is ,, is scherff a better football player then shelton ?

scherf can be a good RT . he can be a good LT he can be an all pro guard

now if you are asking me does shelton = all pro NT ? i dont know but if he is a ngata clone he very well could be

to me it comes down to , who is better ? i have no issue if either is drafted although my gut says take scherff and cut the RG3 BS off at the pass and have a good offense

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a proven RT in the NFL. I think the PAckers have cap problems plus they have to sign Cobb.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Bulaga, stop signing other peoples injury prone over priced cast offs. And if he is that good, why would GreenBay let him get out the door to begin with?? The difference here is, you hope they sign him so they can make the sexy pick come draft day. I hope they dont to increase the chances they do something SMART with the #5 pick.

my only answer is the pack needs to keep cobb and money is an issue so that is why bulaga would reluctantly be allowed to walk

my thoughts are bulaga is injury prone and he is one of dean's boys so you arent going to get him to see much else

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point skinsdad is you cant get players like Fowler and Shelton in the 2nd round. You can get OG and Rt's in the 2nd round like Humpries and Cann.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. not one of my boys. I just think we land two major free agents this year. I hope it Ordrick and Bulaga.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a proven RT in the NFL. I think the PAckers have cap problems plus they have to sign Cobb.

First.. green Bay has $30 million in cap space without even trying,

Secondly even with resigning Cobb they would have NO problem resigning BUlaga.

So finally, the only way we get a shot at him is if (stick with me here, this gets tricky)

A. The Packers cast him off because he has spent nearly two years on IR and isnt worth a big contract to them

B. He isnt willing to take the contract the Packers offer because he wants to test the waters.

In either case if he hits the market we will likely have to over pay to get him.. well that is if he is as good as you seem to think.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe you are doubting his talent. He missed one year b/c of an acl injury. He very well might be too expensive. Who knows. we will see. So the dline where everyone is over 30 doesn't bother you?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe you are doubting his talent. He missed one year b/c of an acl injury. He very well might be too expensive. Who knows. we will see. So the dline where everyone is over 30 doesn't bother you?

IM not doubting his talent. Im saying he will be over priced for our OWN cap situation and the only reason you want him is so the Skins can make a move for a Shelton or some other draft day star for the D-line.

I realize the D-line is old and needs a rebuild as well. But as i have stated, I dont care who we put on the D-line next year, the defense is going to suck like a 70's pron star on crack. Fix the offensive line, worry about the defense NEXT year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point skinsdad is you cant get players like Fowler and Shelton in the 2nd round. You can get OG and Rt's in the 2nd round like Humpries and Cann.

the point is dean you can . the draft is deep on d/line and LB as well and weak at DB and qb . so it all comes down too who is the best player .

at this point we dont know how free agency will pan out but FA isnt the way to build a team

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF there was a Robinson or Matthews in this draft I would see your point. But there is not. When a wilfork or Ngata is starting at you in the face how can you pass that up? I am going by talent and need. To get a dominate NT would be huge for our defense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the 3-4 OLb's will be gone by the 2nd round. There are only 2 maybe 3 Nt's in this draft. They will be gone in the 2nd round. Good talent RT and OG will still be there in the 2nd round.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the 3-4 OLb's will be gone by the 2nd round. There are only 2 maybe 3 Nt's in this draft. They will be gone in the 2nd round. Good talent RT and OG will still be there in the 2nd round.
The problem is, we dont need just a good talent RT, we need a starter from day one. And i dont think you will find THAT in the second round. You Could however find a starting RT in the first AND a starting RG in the 2nd. Again I dont give a fart if we drafted Godzilla to play NT, our defense is going to suck balls this year. I would rather not have the offense continually trying to run with second and 3rd tier O-lineman at this point.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i disagree there are plenty of olbs , if that is a top need and i have researched plenty of DT's that fill a need in later rounds and have posted them

again this is moses all over again

i will not cry if i get a john hannah vs a wilfork or ngata . i dont see the downside .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you are in for a big disappointment Shark b/c the online will only have one change next year. Williams, Leavou, Litch, Long over Chester and a new RT. Maybe Moses. I could see them drafting all defense in the first 3 rounds of the draft.