• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Safety - Landon Collins

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts from those of you who follow the draft closely?

Tweets from Mark Bullock:

*Fav team just happens to be the highest he's been mocked to RT @MockingTheDraft: Landon Collins said his favorite team is the Redskins

*I go back and fourth on Collins. Skins biggest need is FS, Collins is a SS. But Collins could plays as a nickel LB too. Versatile.

*I like Landon Collins at lot more in the 15-25 range than 5-10.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts from those of you who follow the draft closely?

Tweets from Mark Bullock:

*Fav team just happens to be the highest he's been mocked to RT @MockingTheDraft: Landon Collins said his favorite team is the Redskins

*I go back and fourth on Collins. Skins biggest need is FS, Collins is a SS. But Collins could plays as a nickel LB too. Versatile.

*I like Landon Collins at lot more in the 15-25 range than 5-10.

if he is the BPA at 5 you take him . i dont think he is but i am not SM

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'd be stunned if they take him at 5. I really don't think he's in play for us but you never know

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I will bet a new shiny quarter on is, no matter who we take at #5 IF we take some one at #5, not all will be happy with the pick.

I can see the reason for almost any one of the players they might pick in that spot. But I also realize that we hear in Arm Chair Skins GM central will NEVER agree on who the BPA is when it comes time for us to pick.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I will bet a new shiny quarter on is, no matter who we take at #5 IF we take some one at #5, not all will be happy with the pick.

I can see the reason for almost any one of the players they might pick in that spot. But I also realize that we hear in Arm Chair Skins GM central will NEVER agree on who the BPA is when it comes time for us to pick.
Absolutely true.

Very subjective outside of specific measurables.

It's interesting reading the debates about which players bring what to the table. For me, I don't have the time to delve in until they actually make the team. Can't keep track tbh, tho I've gotten better about the first round picks.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen I think the safe pick is Shelton his stock is high I don't see what the problem is

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely true.

Very subjective outside of specific measurables.

It's interesting reading the debates about which players bring what to the table. For me, I don't have the time to delve in until they actually make the team. Can't keep track tbh, tho I've gotten better about the first round picks.

Oh come on Cali, you are a MOD know. You are supposed to know about every draft eligible player on the planet year in and year out before Xmas even rolls around. Why do you think I never took the job.. .well aside from the fact that I was never asked or voted for I mean. :p

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on Cali, you are a MOD know. You are supposed to know about every draft eligible player on the planet year in and year out before Xmas even rolls around. Why do you think I never took the job.. .well aside from the fact that I was never asked or voted for I mean. :p

Yep, we know that will never happen, ha! :eek: :happyshake:

Honestly don't know how Yall keep track of everyone...kudos to those of you who do.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how anybody could argue with Shelton or Fowler.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Williams they are the two safest defensive players in this draft.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My assumptions with the 5th pick.

1. The majority of us would love it if DE/DT Williams simply fell to us at 5(unlikely but possible)
2. A large percentage of us are ok with Shelton/Fowler at 5(safe picks that can start and perhaps
make above average impacts very soon)
3.The minority are pulling for gregory and ray(IMO, they are great prospect, but this organization doesn't have
enough defensive teammates to help them thrive+the are undersized)
4.An undetermined percentage hope we trade down.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. The majority of us would love it if DE/DT Williams simply fell to us at 5(unlikely but possible)
2. A large percentage of us are ok with Shelton/Fowler at 5(safe picks that can start and perhaps
3.The minority are pulling for gregory and ray(IMO, they are great prospect, but this organization doesn't have

on target

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Shelton already benched 30+ reps, If he can run between a 4.9 -5.4 and Williams is gone...I think I'm sold
...I saw one respected site say one of his weaknesses claim he had good numbers based on hustling for an NFL contract. ???? I'd like to see what he can do with the money

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You left out that some of us are actually hoping they actually invest in the O-line FINALLY. I would prefer they slightly over draft a guy like Schreff and fix the fucking line finally. Rather than go for the draft day party celeb and half way through the season hear all the excuses about the line for yet ANOTHER year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out that some of us are actually hoping they actually invest in the O-line FINALLY. I would prefer they slightly over draft a guy like Schreff and fix the fucking line finally. Rather than go for the draft day party celeb and half way through the season hear all the excuses about the line for yet ANOTHER year.

if you need o/lineman , this is the year to do it

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you need o/lineman , this is the year to do it

You are right, it is the year to do it. Which works out perfect since we need like 2-3 O-lineman. And like I said, if we skimp and get the sexy pick DT, or WR or Safety, and dont seriously fix the O-line... I reserve the right to say I told you so is all Im saying.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, it is the year to do it. Which works out perfect since we need like 2-3 O-lineman. And like I said, if we skimp and get the sexy pick DT, or WR or Safety, and dont seriously fix the O-line... I reserve the right to say I told you so is all Im saying.

i would be happy if the LOS was addressed . i wouldnt get mad if they draft a shelton at 5 and then a gann or tomlison in round 2 followed by a smith in round 3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be happy if the LOS was addressed . i wouldnt get mad if they draft a shelton at 5 and then a gann or tomlison in round 2 followed by a smith in round 3
Since I have ZERO faith in the defense NOT being worse than last year, I would sooner see us get 1-2 starters for the O-line and worry about getting the flashy defensive picks next year. And considering that half the people saying they hope we take Shelton are also the same people that want to cut 4 out of 5 of our O-line starters, Im surprised more people arent hoping we take O-line early and often.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c there is no olineman worth a top 10 pick. There is no Robinson or Matthews in this draft. Why reach?