• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban Replacement

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stripper got the credit card and racked up charges on the UNIVERSITY CARD! And yes that is a pretty shitty image you don't want your University represented by. Pretty sure several coaches have been fired from drunken episodes much less with strippers and sex! Again statements are words. Tell the entire story Codaxx, if you know it, and if you don't, don't comment! :noidea:
-
It doesnt mention that in this story. I would assume that would be a pertinent fact of the case. At least I did not see that mentioned.

How He Met His Destiny At A Strip Club - 05.12.03 - SI Vault

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans or one or two in here? I haven't said anything about that. You including everyone based on a few?
-
the ones I was responding to. I figured you would be able to ascertain that since it is in the thread.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coda are you really trying to defend a man that represents a state funded institition, one that is a charter of the state by the way, that totally made a drunken ass of himself in a strip club? I bet if this happened at your beloved Texas those conservative Big Wig oil barons would run him completely out of the state of Texas! care that I remind you that the State of Texas happens to be bible belt as well. I think Neo Conservative Republicans with money to burn would highly frown upon some bozo embarrassing their beloved alma mater.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shula's 10 win season didn't mean shit because of his record against Auburn. You can't lose to Auburn every year and expect to keep your job at Alabama. Never has been acceptable, never will be.

If Saban goes 11-1 with the 1 loss being to Auburn over the next 3 years, he'll be gone too.

Fans like you are the main reason he considers leaving. Unrealistic, excessive expectations would normally discourage alot of reasonable logically thinking people. But IMHO i seriously doubt that Saban would lose to Auburn 3 straight years. Too much talent turnover in college for that to happen.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stallings left due to pressure from his oversight of the team and his players getting the team in trouble. The team was under Probation for his inability to properly govern his players and the Administration was not happy about that, taking it out on Stallings.

The new AD is All Bama and is a business man. He will make sure that whoever comes in will be the right fit. What i laugh at is that even during the dark periods of probation that Alabama endured from 1995 through 2005(not consecutive years) Bama still had some pretty good 10 win seasons in that stretch, so the coaches we had were not all that bad, just didnt have the depth due to probation and schollie losses.
I've met Gene Stallings and he is not a dude you screw with I'm a pretty big boy and he has 30 years on me but there is little doubt he would kick my ass.

I never blamed Stallings for leaving the crap he was dealing with was bush league and it was that way until Saban made them clean house. That is Saban's true legacy and the hidden reason for the success of Alabama he cleaned house on the idiots behind the curtain.

As soon as Auburn's president (Gogue) is gone there are plans to kick Jacobs (AD) and his idiot friends to the curb also. Steps have already been taken to negate as much of his influence as possible. At some point all successful programs go through this crap.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've met Gene Stallings and he is not a dude you screw with I'm a pretty big boy and he has 30 years on me but there is little doubt he would kick my ass.

I never blamed Stallings for leaving the crap he was dealing with was bush league and it was that way until Saban made them clean house. That is Saban's true legacy and the hidden reason for the success of Alabama he cleaned house on the idiots behind the curtain.

As soon as Auburn's president (Gogue) is gone there are plans to kick Jacobs (AD) and his idiot friends to the curb also. Steps have already been taken to negate as much of his influence as possible. At some point all successful programs go through this crap.

I always liked Stallings.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Funny. Texas fans are tough. Did Texas ever fire anyone 1 yr removed from a 10 win season? Did Texas ever ruin a mans career after a trip to a strip club?
Strip club wasn't their fault can't blame the admin or fans on that one. Price was just a drunk idiot that ruined the best opportunity he was ever going to get.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I met Stallings prior to the 1992 season. I actually met him through a friend i was visiting and Stallings was in town on a recruiting trip or something and dropped in on this friend of mine. We sat around and shot the shit for a few hours and he seemed like a good ole boy i would really like. I was sad to see him leave, but I knew why and even the long timers like him were not immune to it. I am glad Saban came in and cleaned house, maybe it will be a place other coaches will enjoy coaching once Saban finally leaves. I just hope Battle doesnt let the bad element back in.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

BbN4kAcCAAAO6g8.jpg

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfort. you are right. The Bama job is more pressure cooked than the presidency job at times. I think that would be a reason that saban is wanting outta there. but we have to be more patient with the next coach esp. if he is up and coming coach.

Yeah, playing the UT Chattanooga Choo Choo's is nothing but pressure. The future of the free world rides on that play action pass, no doubt about it. And dealing with Bama fans is a hell of a lot harder than dealing with Congress.

Well, at least the last point is true.:noidea:

Flag hunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saban leaves Alabama, it will be for a different job in Texas. Dallas Cowboys. He,s done it all in college.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Funny. Texas fans are tough. Did Texas ever fire anyone 1 yr removed from a 10 win season? Did Texas ever ruin a mans career after a trip to a strip club?

If I remember correctly, Price had a claus in his contract that stated he must stay away from the clubs or else he loses his job. And we all know what happened there. Alabama had enough issues at the time, the last thing they needed was their coach going to strip clubs all the time. It doesn't exactly set an example for players and the parents of these players don't want their kids going to strip clubs with the coach.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, playing the UT Chattanooga Choo Choo's is nothing but pressure. The future of the free world rides on that play action pass, no doubt about it. And dealing with Bama fans is a hell of a lot harder than dealing with Congress.

Well, at least the last point is true.:noidea:

Weird. I thought Alabama played 12 games this year, not just 1 :no idea:

EDIT: Funny a Boise fan criticizing anyone's schedule :laugh3:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
It doesnt mention that in this story. I would assume that would be a pertinent fact of the case. At least I did not see that mentioned.

How He Met His Destiny At A Strip Club - 05.12.03 - SI Vault

Just trust me. I live here. The story was only talked about and written about for weeks!

Concerning your remarks about I should be aware of the Bama fans you were addressing on this thread, how does that represent the whole? I didn't say someone didn't say that about Texas but you stereotyped it like all Bama fans were doing that. I know you love your math Codaxx, so divide two by the number of Alabama fans you think there are and tell me the high percent that are saying this. :doh: Thanks!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans like you are the main reason he considers leaving. Unrealistic, excessive expectations would normally discourage alot of reasonable logically thinking people. But IMHO i seriously doubt that Saban would lose to Auburn 3 straight years. Too much talent turnover in college for that to happen.

You are a dipshit.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coda are you really trying to defend a man that represents a state funded institition, one that is a charter of the state by the way, that totally made a drunken ass of himself in a strip club? I bet if this happened at your beloved Texas those conservative Big Wig oil barons would run him completely out of the state of Texas! care that I remind you that the State of Texas happens to be bible belt as well. I think Neo Conservative Republicans with money to burn would highly frown upon some bozo embarrassing their beloved alma mater.

Not really. Just screwing with some Bama fans.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird. I thought Alabama played 12 games this year, not just 1 :no idea:

EDIT: Funny a Boise fan criticizing anyone's schedule :laugh3:

Well, we have a right, in the games Boise controls, they beat Bama hands down. They played two major programs OOC on the road. Really, 2 FCS teams this year? Two of them? Honestly? The best program in the nation hiring, not one, not two, but three sad sacks to come to Tuscaloosa to pad your stats? At least Boise plays teams that are equals in budget and status, and beats them. Well, most of the time, this year was the worst in a decade or more.

Alabama schedules the only games it actually controls like junior high bullies.

Like I said, I'd rather be the president dealing with Congress than Saban dealing with the Tide fan base. Oh, by the way, say hello to Harvey for me next time you see him.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we have a right, in the games Boise controls, they beat Bama hands down. They played two major programs OOC on the road. Really, 2 FCS teams this year? Two of them? Honestly? The best program in the nation hiring, not one, not two, but three sad sacks to come to Tuscaloosa to pad your stats? At least Boise plays teams that are equals in budget and status, and beats them. Well, most of the time, this year was the worst in a decade or more.

Like I said, I'd rather be the president dealing with Congress than Saban dealing with the Tide fan base. Oh, by the way, say hello to Harvey for me next time you see him.

lol @ Boise.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just don't bring it do you? Same old shit EVERY single time! :L