• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban Replacement

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure Jim Harbaugh wants to leave northern cali and move to alabama.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfort. you are right. The Bama job is more pressure cooked than the presidency job at times. I think that would be a reason that saban is wanting outta there. but we have to be more patient with the next coach esp. if he is up and coming coach.
-
This is not true. 4th and 20 told me so

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas fanatics say the whole staff is going to Texas:laugh3:

I think Kirby would be a good fit if he can find the right staff to fill the shoes of what would leave. I think some might stay if Kirby was named HC.
-
I have never heard that in any of the rumors. Always been assumed Kirby would stay and take over.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that you over rate the Alabama job as it relates to coaches wanting to go there.
Until Saban, every coach Alabama has had since Bear Bryant has either been fired, or pushed out while having a 10 win season or within 1 year of a 10 win season. Hell, Stallings won an NC and still got sick of your shit and left after going 10-3 his last year.

Why would a coach want to go in there and do that, at least a coach with a proven track record.
Saban has been lucky so far, but if he loses 3-4 games next year, that pressure cooker will start to heat up.

This sounds so much worse than Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas fanatics say the whole staff is going to Texas:laugh3:

I think Kirby would be a good fit if he can find the right staff to fill the shoes of what would leave. I think some might stay if Kirby was named HC.

Bandwagon i could see either scenario happening where he takes the entire staff and satisfy them financially ( which would be an utter disaster and a ridiculously stupid investment decision made by the longhorns, but hey they were bright enough to consider the uber financial giant known as the longhorn network right?) The staff struggles with containing the spread so good luck playing the oklahomas, baylors and others in that conference without adjusting their strategies. I really think Bama should make a clean slate and start over with a new staff. The only person I see salvaging is the better recruiter of the bunch, sans saban and kirby.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at that Bama schedule, I dont see 3 losses even in a "rebuilding year"

Where the Bama program is they dont rebuild they reload.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of this thread is bama fans already crying about UT. At least wait til Saban actually ditches bama before you start acting like a 16yr old girl losing her boyfriend.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure Jim Harbaugh wants to leave northern cali and move to alabama.

If the packaging of his contract and control is to his liking i see no problem with it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure I see harbaugh leaving a superbowl contender team in san Francisco.

He has a team that might compete, but i dont know if it has the chops to make the Superbowl this year. I think it will come down to N.O. and Seattle in the title game of the NFC for a rematch game of the blowout by Seattle of the Saints. I think Bree's and company want to show they are better than that one game against that team.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do hire kirby hopefully he can keep the staff together and therefore that will hopefully keep recruits

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of this thread is bama fans already crying about UT. At least wait til Saban actually ditches bama before you start acting like a 16yr old girl losing her boyfriend.

Or kinda similar to Texas acting like an ungrateful used up old has been hag that is willing to dump the guy that gave them everything they could ever imagine to have. Like dumping Mack Brown. Just like a typical golddiggin whore. Im not surprised. At least the 16 year old girl,isnt a used up piece of 40 something has been looking for the next thrill.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandwagon i could see either scenario happening where he takes the entire staff and satisfy them financially ( which would be an utter disaster and a ridiculously stupid investment decision made by the longhorns, but hey they were bright enough to consider the uber financial giant known as the longhorn network right?) The staff struggles with containing the spread so good luck playing the oklahomas, baylors and others in that conference without adjusting their strategies. I really think Bama should make a clean slate and start over with a new staff. The only person I see salvaging is the better recruiter of the bunch, sans saban and kirby.

Whats funny is the entire staff leaving would be a big paycheck someone will have to write. Saban would get better than probably 8 mil per year(Bama has offer currently at over 7 mil on table) and Smart makes over 2 mil as the DC and thats just two guys. That would be a whopper check to ensure they all want to travel to Texas and rebuild that program.

And you're right, this staffs style of coaching is not right for the big 12 no defenses league.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that a decision can be made after the season right?:noidea:

You do realize it can't right? At least for recruiting purposes. Moron.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize it can't right? At least for recruiting purposes. Moron.

Are you really that stupid or are just a bufoon? If Saban leaves you think we will retain any top recruits?. Why panic and make a last minute decision. Being patient is the key. Make a splash hire. If that happens, you can win half of the recruits back. Hope thats not too difficult for you to understand.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really that stupid or are just a bufoon? If Saban leaves you think we will retain any top recruits?. Why panic and make a last minute decision. Being patient is the key. Make a splash hire. If that happens, you can win half of the recruits back. Hope thats not too difficult for you to understand.

Do the board a favor and just delete yourself.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most don't think it's going to happen anyway. Why in the world would he want to take a step back?

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the board a favor and just delete yourself.

I can see Urban Meyer having another heartburn attack dealing with clowns like yourself. Ill give him another 2 years tops. Once that happens my post deletions would be the lesser of your issues. You prob. wouldnt be posting as much.