• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban Replacement

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think its pretty inevitable that Saban will prob. leave for the Texas job. Not quite sure why Texas would want a coach on the wrong side of 63 of age and a coach that will probably struggle adjusting to the offenses in the BIG 12 ( ala Texas AM, GA. Southern,Auburn and other spread based offenses, but I guess desperation makes one settle on rash decisions. Bama meanwhile must make a sound business decision, one that would at least benefit the program for 5 years. We could bring in a coach that is young, energetic, a great talent evaluator ( not necessary to sign many 4/5 star guys) and a leader amongst the athletic program. A name that comes to mind in Jim Harbaugh. Yeah-Yeah I know he is having success in the NFL and close to winning the superbowl, Hey what if San Fran wins the Lombari this season? Would Harbaugh continue his career in NFL? Could he become a coach that wins both a superbowl and BCS championship at both levels? Whatever the circumstances, I think Bama should offer him the 7 million extension, total control of the program that was offered to Saban. Bama unlike Texas does not have a gargantuan Student/alumni base thats willing to put their money together for their belover alma mater. Alabama is a business institution unlike Texas being an oil based institution or Auburn being tied to iron ore industry. So having a successful football program is paramount for our growth. We got to do whatever we can to bring the next best coach to Title Tuscaloosa

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll alert

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh have proven that he is an excellent coach at both the collegiate and pro level. I think what he did at Stanford is outstanding. The style of play he brought to Stanford is similar to that of Bama with lesser talent compared to Bama with a top winning record!! He is running a spread type offense at San Fran which proves his coaching style is versatile. The man happened to be a top pro qb in his day so he knows how to evaluate and coach qbs. We need a guy like this to replace the great coach we once had.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously what do you guys think?

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Saban is leaving Bama.... I do think he'll wait & see what Texas offers, then renegotiate with Bama for the big $....

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that you over rate the Alabama job as it relates to coaches wanting to go there.
Until Saban, every coach Alabama has had since Bear Bryant has either been fired, or pushed out while having a 10 win season or within 1 year of a 10 win season. Hell, Stallings won an NC and still got sick of your shit and left after going 10-3 his last year.

Why would a coach want to go in there and do that, at least a coach with a proven track record.
Saban has been lucky so far, but if he loses 3-4 games next year, that pressure cooker will start to heat up.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that you over rate the Alabama job as it relates to coaches wanting to go there.
Until Saban, every coach Alabama has had since Bear Bryant has either been fired, or pushed out while having a 10 win season or within 1 year of a 10 win season. Hell, Stallings won an NC and still got sick of your shit and left after going 10-3 his last year.

Why would a coach want to go in there and do that, at least a coach with a proven track record.
Saban has been lucky so far, but if he loses 3-4 games next year, that pressure cooker will start to heat up.

unfort. you are right. The Bama job is more pressure cooked than the presidency job at times. I think that would be a reason that saban is wanting outta there. but we have to be more patient with the next coach esp. if he is up and coming coach.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bama is a pressure cooker job and only the best can do it, therefor coaches want to come here to prove they are the best.

As for the heat being turned up next year if we lose 3 games, I don't agree with that. Most true Bama fans realize that next year will be a rebuilding year.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfort. you are right. The Bama job is more pressure cooked than the presidency job at times. I think that would be a reason that saban is wanting outta there. but we have to be more patient with the next coach esp. if he is up and coming coach.

I dont think Jim Harbaugh is fearful of the expectations. He is bold enough to take the job. And thrive in the situation.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Kiffin is available.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stallings left due to pressure from his oversight of the team and his players getting the team in trouble. The team was under Probation for his inability to properly govern his players and the Administration was not happy about that, taking it out on Stallings.

The new AD is All Bama and is a business man. He will make sure that whoever comes in will be the right fit. What i laugh at is that even during the dark periods of probation that Alabama endured from 1995 through 2005(not consecutive years) Bama still had some pretty good 10 win seasons in that stretch, so the coaches we had were not all that bad, just didnt have the depth due to probation and schollie losses.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is a pressure cooker job and only the best can do it, therefor coaches want to come here to prove they are the best.

As for the heat being turned up next year if we lose 3 games, I don't agree with that. Most true Bama fans realize that next year will be a rebuilding year.

No they wont.
History says you are wrong about your own program.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If saban leaves kirby smart will be named head coach. Im fairly positive about this

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they wont.
History says you are wrong about your own program.

History says that as a fanbase we always get upset at losing because we are Alabama and that is not our normal tradition of winning. We are spoiled(most of us), but we all know that next year will be a rebuilding year for sure due to McCarron leaving and the QB spot not being set yet as far as full time starter. We also lose some other big names on offense and defense that will hurt us. This was a mini rebuilding year compared to next year, we still had a shot to do some good things, which is why McCarron came back for his last year.

The Administration wont freak if we lose a few games(especially if we lose Saban) because they know it takes time for a new coach to get his feel of the reigns.

By the way, your name fits perfectly from what i've seen you post today.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll alert

LMAO. This barner boy needs to tune in to Turner Classic Movies this morning. They're showing the history of barnerball with movies from the 1930's. In "College Coach" players are paid and don't have to attend classes. In "Gridiron Flash" a common thief jailbird is recruited with the lure of sex and money to be the star of the team.

:laugh3:

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If saban leaves kirby smart will be named head coach. Im fairly positive about this

I could see that happening. But I think with our momentum, we need a guy with HC experience. not sure that Kirby would stick around if we hire a HC other than himself?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that happening. But I think with our momentum, we need a guy with HC experience. not sure that Kirby would stick around if we hire a HC other than himself?

Texas fanatics say the whole staff is going to Texas:laugh3:

I think Kirby would be a good fit if he can find the right staff to fill the shoes of what would leave. I think some might stay if Kirby was named HC.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we will be that bad next year.Only game i see us losing is LSU only because its in death valley.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh have proven that he is an excellent coach at both the collegiate and pro level. I think what he did at Stanford is outstanding. The style of play he brought to Stanford is similar to that of Bama with lesser talent compared to Bama with a top winning record!! He is running a spread type offense at San Fran which proves his coaching style is versatile. The man happened to be a top pro qb in his day so he knows how to evaluate and coach qbs. We need a guy like this to replace the great coach we once had.

not sure I see harbaugh leaving a superbowl contender team in san Francisco.