• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban draws comparisons to smoking heaters and the HUNH

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe i framed my comment wrong, i know you are not against Saban and i know you have never used those words about him being scared of the HUHN. My comments were in general about the Anti-Saban crowd and you got caught in the crosshairs. No offense meant.:suds:

As for Saban wanting to take the style away, i dont think that is his agenda. He as much as said he doesnt like the style...yes, but he has also said he has issue with it on a number of levels. One being safety(more plays equals more possible chances for injury). Another being the refs cannot be at the right places sometimes when the ball is being snapped and this has caused some confusion. And the other reason escapes me at present, but I am sure I will get comments on other reasons from the peanut gallery(not you) after they read this.

No worries!! There is so much coming from so many different directions that it can be confusing.:lol:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day...

TF12, 4Down20 and BandwagonBo ALL sit @ the same table and throwback a sixer each...TOGETHER in my OP.

Trojans vs. Bama?

What's not to like about THAT matchup?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the anti-saban crowd are diligent if not foolhardy in their efforts. This will end when the votes are tallied and it passes or fails, or they get tired of beating their heads against the wall.:frusty:

Btw, ignore my post #620. I hadn't read your other post yet.:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To clarify a bit. I don't mind up tempo or no huddle part of it that much. If the teams were really doing that all the time, I wouldn't mind it.

My problem is that they don't actually run it, and instead they just hurry back up to the line quickly to prevent the other team from substituting. Then they all turn their heads to the side and get a play from the sidelines, which is basically what you would do in a huddle.

That is what I think is lame. If you want to play fast and hurry up - then do it. But if you just want to rush to the line to dictate substitutions, then fuck it. I don't care what reason is needed to kill it, just so long as it does.

I was thinking more on the lines of taking the play clock down to like 10 seconds or less once the team hits the line or breaks a huddle(which would be instant if they don't go into a huddle). Or whatever numbers are reasonable in that manner anyway.

As has been pointed out, the defense can still substitute, they just have to be quick and do it before the offense gets set. It just requires being organized and players sprinting on and off the field.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been pointed out, the defense can still substitute, they just have to be quick and do it before the offense gets set. It just requires being organized and players sprinting on and off the field.

I don't buy it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I mean by style of football is that it's not a scheme. When I think of scheme, I think of spread, pro style, power I, wishbone or whatever. These are things you do on the field in terms of lining up.

Denying the other team a chance to substitute isn't a style, it's an abuse of a loophole. It has nothing to do with schemes, because any scheme you want to run can do it. Saban can have Alabama next year skip the huddle, run up to the line after every play and still be the slowest play calling team in football. Because it's not a style of football.

You don't scheme against the HUNH either, you scheme against the actual scheme they are running otherwise. Because again, it's not a style of football, it's just a loophole.

Perhaps this is why 'Bama has struggled with the hunh (as much as 'Bama struggles with any style:lol:). You absolutely do scheme for the hunh. You have to scheme for the actual offense being run and you have to scheme/prepare for how you are going to have your defense substitute players. The hunh just puts more pressure on the defense to be organized and quick.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy it.

You don't have to, but I've seen it done to Oregon by both USC and Stanford. They have their players ready to go and run them in right as the play is blown dead. Since most defensive substitutions are down and distance related, you just have to have your subs ready to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to, but I've seen it done to Oregon by both USC and Stanford. They have their players ready to go and run them in right as the play is blown dead. Since most defensive substitutions are down and distance related, you just have to have your subs ready to go.

I don't buy it because the risk is high enough to not make it worth it.

I'll be routing for fake injuries next year funny enough after all this.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps this is why 'Bama has struggled with the hunh (as much as 'Bama struggles with any style:lol:). You absolutely do scheme for the hunh. You have to scheme for the actual offense being run and you have to scheme/prepare for how you are going to have your defense substitute players. The hunh just puts more pressure on the defense to be organized and quick.

Got that figured out, just fake injuries. Within the rules and when HUNH teams want to complain, I'm just going to claim they are trying to change the rules to their advantage. :D

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see if its lip service, or if he is really going to back up his strong words. Seems that if he is willing to be a man of his word that it needs to start on his own front porch. Time to put up or shut up...I think thats the term isnt it.

I like cliches...like practice what you preach, put or shut up. Hits right to the core where they live. I dont go around calling names and I certainly dont like the name Gump, no matter if its a term associated with my team or not.

Really? I think this is close enough.

"If you don't think the other side of this coin has their motives, then you are window licking intelligent."

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"If you don't think the other side of this coin has their motives, then you are window licking intelligent."

That was me.

I dare you to find him saying that.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got that figured out, just fake injuries. Within the rules and when HUNH teams want to complain, I'm just going to claim they are trying to change the rules to their advantage. :D

wouldnt the other team have to "prove" a player faked an injury?

I remember a game in high school where I got leg cramps like every other play..of course it was extremely humid and the temps at game time were in the 90's. Players were dropping like flies. Who's to say a player doesnt have a legit minor injury several times a game?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, you got caught in trying to escalate things and didnt even have your facts straight.:laugh3:

I dont go around calling people names as a rule of thumb and I certainly dont appreciate people who are in a position of authority like a mod doing so after making claims about stopping people from doing so. Tit for tat is fair play. Besides, I dont recall that post being to you, so why you starting something where there was nothing? Escalation seems to be the name of the game IMO.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember a game in high school where I got leg cramps like every other play..of course it was extremely humid and the temps at game time were in the 90's. Players were dropping like flies. Who's to say a player doesnt have a legit minor injury several times a game?

Very honorable. I can not believe anyone would complain about fans like these. Rooting for fake injuries, such sportsman

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't matter. What I've learned in the past few weeks is that as long as it's in the rules, it's ok, and anyone who tries to change those rule is just looking for an advantage because they can't adapt.

Bring on the "leg cramps" wink wink!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very honorable. I can not believe anyone would complain about fans like these. Rooting for fake injuries, such sportsman

Yep, this is why Texas is making sure they have real injures ever so often to prevent it.

cheapshot11.gif

Should probably be a nominee for best tackle by a Texas player last year.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this is why Texas is making sure they have real injures ever so often to prevent it.

cheapshot11.gif

There is a difference. I spoke out against that. You just admitted rooting for that type of behavior. That is why we do not agree very often. Just different people with different upbringings

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference. I spoke out against that. You just admitted rooting for that type of behavior. That is why we do not agree very often. Just different people with different upbringings
:lol:

Maybe you should suggest a rule change to prevent it from happening. :whistle: